Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2002 5:35:24 AM EDT
I do a little part-time work for HUN Broker's, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of HUN Ministries, LLC. Any way some of you 'Israel Firsters' have been looking for a way to financially benefit from the Israeli-Palestinian conflict so here it is. Caterpillar !! NYSE (A personal favorite of the Hun himself.) Sharon invaded the Palestinian Territories with Planes, tanks, helicopters and FIFTY - countem fifty - CATERPILLARS !! I doubt that Sharon, aka the man-of-peace, can do the job with only fifty cat's so he'll be charging more to the U.S. taxpayer plus the Palestinians will have to buy cats to help construct what the man-of-peace destroys so Caterpillar is looking pretty good. ---------------------------------------------- On a less serious note, Caterpillar is a stock worth considering. The U.S. dollar is low making the cost of importing Cats by other countries lower. The dollar probably is going to drop maybe another 5-7% making Caterpillar a stock well worth considering.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 6:09:28 AM EDT
Wow, [b]subsailor[/b], I am glad that you are taking such a cheerful attitude towards the inevitable rise in Caterpillar stock! Gen. Sharon is doing all that he can to make the name of 'Caterpillar' a household word in the West Bank and Gaza. This US company could not have a better spokesmen for its products that Gen. Sharon or Benny the Natanyahu Jew. It was like the sudden spike in purchases of London Fog overcoats that we saw late last year and earlier this year in the West Bank. Yes, indeed, in spite of the rather mild weather in the vicinity of Jerusalem and its environs, there was a run on overcoats by Arab men in their early 20s. Lately, the market has shifted toward purchases by young Palestinian females, and older divorced Palestinian women. 'Pockets', we must have more 'pockets' in these overcoats, was the only sour note in the record sales of overcoats, and so more pockets were added to all of the available models and styles of overcoats. [b]And just in time for the Passover holidays![/b] Eric The(LondonFog-'ACoatThatLastaALifetime'-IfYou'reLucky!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 6:35:26 AM EDT
Originally Posted By EricTheHun: Wow, [b]subsailor[/b], I am glad that you are taking such a cheerful attitude towards the inevitable rise in Caterpillar stock!
View Quote
Politics is politics but money is still money. I actually believe Caterpillar would make a good addition to many IRA's. I don't believe the dollar is at the bottom and a falling dollar makes Caterpillars less expensive for foreign countries to import. Usually lower prices bring increases in demand. Caterpillar is positioned well to benefit from the weakened dollar. (In my opinion.) --------------------------------------------- I don't believe I'm familiar with that particular 'London Frog'.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 7:18:47 AM EDT
Originally Posted By EricTheHun: It was like the sudden spike in purchases of London Fog overcoats that we saw late last year and earlier this year in the West Bank. Yes, indeed, in spite of the rather mild weather in the vicinity of Jerusalem and its environs, there was a run on overcoats by Arab men in their early 20s. ]:)]
View Quote
Ahhh, yes, capitalism at its finest!!![:D] Invest in BOTH London Fog, AND Caterpillar. If they want to all kill each other, we Americans might as well make a buck off it. That way, we can increase our taxable income, and the gov't can increase their tax revenues, thereby sending MORE $$$ over to BOTH sides of this dispute, so they can kill MORE of each other, so Caterpillar and London Fog can sell more products, whereby Americans make more taxable income that can increase gov't tax revenues, thereby sending MORE $$$$ to both sides of this dispute, so they can kill..... ....well, you get the idea. A wonderful upward spiral of death and dollars. Somebody is NUTZ. [}:D]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 7:41:31 AM EDT
Sounds like insider trading to me...Did you call up Martha Stewart and let her know?
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 7:42:08 AM EDT
Did I miss the post where the ETH/GMAN cold war ended ???
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 7:45:00 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Stormbringer: Did I miss the post where the ETH/GMAN cold war ended ???
View Quote
It received little press, but it has indeed ended. Cuz it received TOO MUCH press when it was on-going. (my fault) Detente' lives!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 7:46:04 AM EDT
I've got some Caterpillar bonds for sale. Caterpillar PowerNotes A2/A+ 4.85% 7/15/2008 PX @ 100.0 CUSIP 14911QJB8 Caterpillar PowerNotes A2/A+ 5.25% 7/15/2010 PX @ 100.0 14911QJC6 [i]If AAA is reading this, guess who I got these bonds from? [;)][/i]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:05:32 AM EDT
Originally Posted By garandman: A wonderful upward spiral of death and dollars. Somebody is NUTZ. [}:D]
View Quote
All, everyone on any side, are nutZ.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:27:48 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 5subslr5:
Originally Posted By garandman: A wonderful upward spiral of death and dollars. Somebody is NUTZ. [}:D]
View Quote
All, everyone on any side, are nutZ.
View Quote
Correction. There are no 'sides' to this conflict. Only a continual circular motion of death. Needless death.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:30:32 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 5subslr5: Correction. There are no 'sides' to this conflict. Only a continual circular motion of death. Needless death.
View Quote
With US taxpayers footing the bill. One sure sign of insanity is to, once you have determined a chosen course of action will NOT work, to continue implementing that course of action, thinking it will provide a solution.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:06:20 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 5subslr5: The dollar probably is going to drop maybe another 5-7% making Caterpillar a stock well worth considering.
View Quote
If you are going to play the game make your reward worth the risk. Dollar Index 10885 Initial Margin $2200 Expected decline 6% Profit 10885*6%=$6531 Profit ROI 2200/6531=337% CAT Price 48.69 48.69*337%=164.08 Share Price Do you really believe that if the dollar drops 6% CAT will trade at $164.08? I do not think so. The whole game of investing is risk/reward and playing percentages. Good Hunting
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:46:52 AM EDT
Originally Posted By spraynpray:
Originally Posted By 5subslr5: The dollar probably is going to drop maybe another 5-7% making Caterpillar a stock well worth considering.
View Quote
If you are going to play the game make your reward worth the risk. Dollar Index 10885 Initial Margin $2200 Expected decline 6% Profit 10885*6%=$6531 Profit ROI 2200/6531=337% CAT Price 48.69 48.69*337%=164.08 Share Price Do you really believe that if the dollar drops 6% CAT will trade at $164.08? I do not think so. The whole game of investing is risk/reward and playing percentages. Good Hunting
View Quote
For an IRA you would recommend this course ?
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:49:08 AM EDT
Originally Posted By garandman:
Originally Posted By 5subslr5: Correction. There are no 'sides' to this conflict. Only a continual circular motion of death. Needless death.
View Quote
With US taxpayers footing the bill. One sure sign of insanity is to, once you have determined a chosen course of action will NOT work, to continue implementing that course of action, thinking it will provide a solution.
View Quote
Present policies and actions only make sense if peace is 'not' desired in the middle east.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 10:11:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/25/2002 10:12:01 AM EDT by garandman]
Originally Posted By 5subslr5:
Originally Posted By garandman: One sure sign of insanity is to, once you have determined a chosen course of action will NOT work, to continue implementing that course of action, thinking it will provide a solution.
View Quote
Present policies and actions only make sense if peace is 'not' desired in the middle east.
View Quote
Careful. I advanced a "status quo" theory last week and got lambasted for it. Since I'm not in need of another verbal "@$$ kicking" (all stocked up)I won't reiterate. [:D] But maintaining the status quo is the only possible agenda I can see, given the policies that are being carried out.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 10:37:42 AM EDT
Originally Posted By edpmedic: Sounds like insider trading to me...Did you call up Martha Stewart and let her know?
View Quote
Man alive! [b]edpmedic[/b]! That sure is a fine sig-pic you've got there! That's the first time I've seen it! And all I can say is 'Wow!' Eric The('Wow'Again!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 10:50:28 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 5subslr5: For an IRA you would recommend this course ?
View Quote
If they need a little extra cash to support their free Ireland cause, why not? Grin You made no mention of an IRA account in your original post. Facts: CAT recap: CAT is in a 6 year trading range between 30 and 65, the midpoint being 47. You are buying at a point that is neither value (30) or momentum (65 or higher). In the recession of 91-92 CAT was trading at $12, is this what you want in your IRA? People who buy in the middle of large protracted trading ranges are amateurs. Pros stand aside. Quote of the day: A known fundamental is a useless tool for trading. The market has already factored it in. Thus the market has already discounted your falling dollar observation into the price of CAT. Finally an answer to your question: It depends on your IRA.
Top Top