Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2002 6:06:59 PM EDT
SIX (in http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=127047) mentioned this, and I had never thought about it before, but now I think it might be a good idea. Do you think that in addition to imprisonment, criminals who commit violent crimes should be spaded/neutered?

It would take a while for this to really take effect, but I think it would make a difference.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 6:15:46 PM EDT
[#1]
They do it to dogs to make THEM less aggressive...

Also, when doing crap on a dare...when their friends say "WHAT, you not have the balls?!?!" the answer would be, "CORRECT!"
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 6:17:17 PM EDT
[#2]
You are being facetious right? No one is really this fucking nuts/stupid outside of a We Love Stalin bar-b-q. I think a way to lower the violent crime rate would be to do away with stupid laws that keep decent folks unarmed. It seems to work wherever it is applied.

I could have been accused and convicted of a violent crime. A man pointed a weapon at me and I proceeded to beat the crap out of him. I was sued and lost the suit because I continued to beat him  once he was down on the ground. The judge said it was unreasonable and excessive force on my part. Funny, I thought I was perfectly reasonable, and that he had shown unnecessary and excessive force in pointing that hateful fucking thing at me because he thought it would be funny to scare me. I don't get scared, I get pissed. This shit sucker POINTED A GUN AT ME! He should have died. If I shot him and killed him I would have been just fine, but because I used fists and boots I was evil somehow. All because VA won't let me carry a weapon in their little commonwealth because I am not a citizen. So ya wanna cut off my nuts and blind me huh? I am willing to give you the chance. Where do you live?
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 6:19:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm talking a crime such as rape, or a proven-beyond-all-doubt cold-blooded, purposeful murder, such as a robbery in which the robber kills innocent people.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 6:26:20 PM EDT
[#4]
If you can prove that crime without any doubt then capital punishment is the way to go. There need to be safeguards though. Look at all those poor bastards who were set up by the cops that were released directly from death row in Illinois last year. The punishment should be death by 10ga shotgun to the back of the head. They are dead in an instant, no pain, and it requires no great song and dance ritual like executions do now. But...If you falsely accuse and prosecute someone for a capital crime and they are excuted, you suffer the same fate, no appeal. That would cut down on bad policing.
Don't be so wrapped up in punishing these people. That did a heinous thing, so get rid of them and be done. When you take a dump do you dig out your turds and crush them between your fists to punish them for their awful smell and for making you go and do somthing against your will? Of course not. And these people are the human equivalent of feces. They aren't deserving of our attention other thatn what is necessary to "flush" them. All that catstration nonsense is the prattling of the non-self actualized trying to assert some sort of pathetic control over others. Shoot em and be done.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 6:30:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Ever here of cruel and unusual punishment??

In no way does murder justify castration, rape maybe.

If you really want to lower crime rate the support just prison terms.  No more of ple barganing violent crimes down to misdomeaners.  You would be surprised how many violent crimes/criminals that occur that do not result in prison/jail time. Car Jackings, violent assult,grand theft rarely result in jail/prison time.  As a result these criminals are taught that they can get away with shit and as a result move up to more serious crimes.  So when they do finally committe murder no punishment will change them...except death.

I support redusing crime, but not at the expense of destroying the Bill of Rights.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 6:35:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Death penalty for all murders. If you intentionally kill another human you die.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 6:38:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Apparently the rumors of Mengeles death are greatly exagerated.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 6:58:45 PM EDT
[#8]
This is worthless, I cant beleve that anyone would think of something this stupid.

Crime in this country is a function of the economy. Period.
When the economy is high crime is low and vice versa.
Even eliminating anti-gun laws would not statisticly reduce crime, it will only change WHO is being victimized. Some people will allways be too poor to arm themsleves and a lot more would be too stupid to protect themselves and will make themselves targets while criminals avoid people like the majority on this board who defend themselves and make no secret of that intent.

And of course criminals will always be killing each other, which is the floor for street crime.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 7:19:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Crime is not caused by bad economy.  If only people who were poor engaged in crime, a crime would be a rare thing.  Anyone can get a job.  Do you think that people rape other people because they're poor?  Do you think people rob other people because they need money?  Well, come to think of it, maybe they do need money, for hookers and drugs.

[b]"Even eliminating anti-gun laws would not statisticly reduce crime, it will only change WHO is being victimized."[/b]

It seems like what you're saying here is that people who have guns are prone to becoming criminals.  I doubt that is what you mean, but I'm not sure how else to take it.

[b]"Some people will always be too poor to arm themsleves and a lot more would be too stupid to protect themselves and will make themselves targets"[/b]

Most people who buy guns know how to use them.  I don't think you give citizens enough credit.  There are a few stupid people out there, but the reason it seems like everyone is stupid is because the media concentrates on those few stupid individuals.

[b]". . .criminals [will] avoid people like the majority on this board who defend themselves and make no secret of that intent."[/b]

How would a criminal know who has a gun and who doesn't?  If guns are made widely available and all these stupid anti-gun laws are done away with, a criminal might think twice before commting a crime, because he'll know that the person he intends to harm is likely to have a gun.  And if he does commit the crime, he will likely be shot, therefore making the next criminal think thrice.  Of course, you can get in big trouble for shooting a criminal, which brings me back to my point about doing away with stupid anti-gun laws.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top