Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2002 8:35:29 AM EDT
Washington, D.C. - June 24th, 2002 - Rear admiral James "Flotsam" Bilgewater announced today at a Pentagon briefing that the Navy plans to rename its FA-18 Hornet attack aircraft the FA-18 WASP.  Bilgewater said this was to be interpreted as an acronym for "White Anglo-Saxon Plane" and is intended to send a message to "pinko, commie Muslim terrorist pricks [sic]" that "your days are limited, bubba."  In keeping with the WASP theme all active FA-18s are to be retrofitted at the rear of the aircraft with rearward firing "stinger" missiles.  The planes are also to be fitted with air powered buzzers, so that during an attack run the plane will sound somewhat like a wasp.  "The Germans had great success with this idea on their Stuka dive bombers during World War II, and, by God, what's good fer the goddamn Nazis is good enough fer us," said Bilgewater.  Bilgewater said the Navy expects to complete the conversion of all active aircraft by the end of 2003.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 8:52:50 AM EDT
[#1]
[>:/]

[-=(_)=-]
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 8:57:13 AM EDT
[#2]
do you have a link or is this BS?
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 9:02:11 AM EDT
[#3]
308wood - Rear admiral James "Flotsam" Bilgewater sounds like a real name to me.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 9:03:33 AM EDT
[#4]
[b]Rear admiral James "Flotsam" Bilgewater [/b]

Admiral Bilgewater?????  Sounds like BS
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 9:03:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
do you have a link or is this BS?
View Quote
DOH!
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 9:05:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 9:28:11 AM EDT
[#7]
The dreaded Rear Admiral.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 9:28:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Let me guess. Your "source" is the Onion?

Scott

Link Posted: 6/24/2002 9:32:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Another "Hornet":

[img]http://www.shipschematics.net/startrek/images/federation/fighter_hornet2.jpg[/img]

And a "Wasp":

[img]http://www.shipschematics.net/startrek/images/federation/lightfighter_wasp.jpg[/img]

And don't forget the "YellowJacket":

[img]http://www.shipschematics.net/startrek/images/federation/heavyfighter_yellowjacket.jpg[/img]

Scott

[beer]

Link Posted: 6/24/2002 10:42:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, guys, I'm sittin' around here with too much time on my hands, my medication wears off, and I start making things up. [:D] Actually, I'm out of work and I'm hoping someone at The Onion will see this and give me a call. [;)]
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 12:12:34 PM EDT
[#11]
OH MAN!!!!

that's what i get for skimming the text.

spank me [stick]
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 6:10:50 PM EDT
[#12]
from the title, before I knew if it was a joke or real, I figured I'd make some sort of white anglo-saxon comment, like: "the liberals will love that, arabs getting bombed by WASPs. They'll be bitching about racism for sure"
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 7:50:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
from the title, before I knew if it was a joke or real, I figured I'd make some sort of white anglo-saxon comment, like: "the liberals will love that, arabs getting bombed by WASPs. They'll be bitching about racism for sure"
View Quote

My first thought, re: the title, was "USS Hornet to be renamed USS Wasp."

But I guess that would be more like the USS Hornet's Nest > USS Wasp's Nest. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 8:22:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Hehe..[:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top