Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2002 6:15:02 PM EDT
[url]http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=28053[/url]

Edited to add this: It's a damn government conspiracy.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 6:17:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 6:53:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never understood how the govt will use the info that I eat tooo many frozen pizzas and what brand of toilet paper against me.

Unless they poison those items so they can get me coming and going. [:D]

And if I've pissed them off that much, I'm f@cked whether I use a shopping card or not.

[peep]
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 7:01:12 PM EDT
[#3]
The Safeway chain has been using those out here for maybe 7-8 years now. Your card number is your telephone number. So, what I do at least, is I check to see if any of the items I bought are on special. If so, I give them the card. If not, I do not offer it. Very often they will ask for your card or card number out of habit, but I never give it unless there is something in it for me. No free demographics!

Anyway, it comes down to them wanting to keep track of what you buy so they can sell that information to direct marketers. I remember one day my brother started to get a ton of junk mail having to do with beer and wine. It's obvious what he was buying at Safeway! he he As was I.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 7:22:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've never understood how the govt will use the info that I eat too many frozen pizzas and what brand of toilet paper against me.

Unless they poison those items so they can get me coming and going. [:D]

And if I've pissed them off that much, I'm f@cked whether I use a shopping card or not.

[peep]
View Quote

Yes but you see eventually you wont be able to buy ANYTHING without using a trackable card. At some point here it will be established that carrying around all these separate cards will be too inconvenient. So you will be issued a card and a ## from the state to make it more convenient to buy your gas, Food, and ammo"oops wont be able to buy that anymore." The mindset you have already been indoctrinated with will be the END of personal PRIVACY, LIBERTY and FREEDOM in this country, Shame On YOU.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 8:14:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Pisses me off as well.  I have a bunch of cards with bogus addresses and misspelled names for each store that I use.  Just rotate them to screw up there numbers
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 11:12:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Pisses me off as well.  I have a bunch of cards with bogus addresses and misspelled names for each store that I use.  Just rotate them to screw up there numbers
View Quote

Only the disloyal have something to hide.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 11:31:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Our supermarkets in Nevada use telephone numbers in lieu of cards as well... But they never cross check them, so I always put in my grandparents #.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 12:42:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Here's what I've done. When I'm at the checkout counter, and the cashier finishes talleying my intended purchases, I say this,

"I want you to listen very carefully to what I'm about to say. I have a religious objection to the use of these cards and I'm asking you to accommodate me by giving me the same money discounts that the cards holders get."

The word "accommodate" is a legal term often used in civil rights cases.

Usually this will get three responses:
1. They call the manager, at which time I repeat the request.
2. The cashier uses their card to ring up my total.
3. They refuse to accommodate me. Out of some 9 or 10 times I've done this, only one manager refused to accommodate me at which time I left all the food on his counter and walked out.

To expedite my shopping however, I just patronize stores that don't use these cards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top