Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2002 2:16:51 PM EDT
Me and a friend has a physics project to do but the groups had to be in sets of three and have at least one of each sex.  Since me and my friend are both male, we had to(gasp!)find a female to join us.  I sit behind this girl in class named Laura and never really new much about her.  Anyway, she seemed pretty smart so we asked her to join our group and she accepted.  After working with her I found that she is interested in hunting/shooting and other outdoor activities.  It is unusual that I can carry on a conversation with a female without saying consistantly stupid things, but with her I can talk comfortably and I enjoy our conversations.  With only one day of school left, I need to ask her out or at least get her phone #.  What can you guys recommend?
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 2:18:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Start following her around without her knowing about it so you get to know her habits before asking her out.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 2:19:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Invite her out shooting..
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 2:20:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 2:34:04 PM EDT
[#4]
try these:
Uh, like let's drop all the uh B.S. and do it.

Hey, are you one of those chicks who screws
guys right off the bat? 'Cause that's what I'm looking for.

If you need a love doctor, I have a medicated degree.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 2:37:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 2:47:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 3:19:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Just ask for her home phone number. The problem with my school is that the school publishes everyone's phone number. So if I want someone's number, there's too much temptation to just look up the phone book.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 3:32:32 PM EDT
[#8]
PICS! PICS!
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 3:36:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Ask NSFJojo, he's the lady's man!
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 3:44:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Look her right in the eye and tell her what you just told us.

If she has any of that feeling going on her end she will respond favorably.

Hell she might even volunteer to give up the phone number.

And if she shoots you down.....Nah! she wont.

Trust me on this one. I date a lot of women and they like that straight up approach.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 3:45:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Is she 3 foot tall, have a flat head, and her father own a liquor store?
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 3:54:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Start following her around without her knowing about it so you get to know her habits before asking her out.
View Quote

Heh heh.  [:)]

Stalking: The 21st century courtship ritual.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 4:19:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Don't forget the pistol grip ears.

[:D]

Stepped-init
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 4:24:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 4:30:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes...and must have big ears so you can grab onto.  And no teeth.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 4:43:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

You forgot mute.

Link Posted: 6/23/2002 4:55:02 PM EDT
[#17]
If this is more than a few weeks old you may have passed from the "potential mate" category into the fatal "friend" category. Or worse yet, ....... "NICE GUY" category.

Move now before it is too late. Since school is letting out at least you will not have to sit behind the girl who shot you down.

Link Posted: 6/23/2002 5:53:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Just look her right in the eye when you too are talking, Just remember her eyes are not on her chest.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 6:04:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Okay, listen to me.  Although I am utterly useless when it comes to this sort of thing, I can dipense decent advice.  As bigyeti said, invite her to go shooting with you.  Be confident, but [b]NOT[/b] arrogant.  But also be yourself.  Take it slow, and don't be pushy.  Daytime first and second dates (ie lunch, coffee, etc.) are good because they don't usually come with expectations, so she's more likely to accept.  Good luck friend.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 9:55:15 PM EDT
[#20]
NOTHING is worse then regrets and lost opportunities.
"I wonder what would have happened if I had only asked her out..." is a sh**ty 'memory'-

JUST DO IT.

[url] niketown.com [/url]  <
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 10:02:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Buy her a fish sandwich.

medcop
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 10:43:16 PM EDT
[#22]
I'll bet she ain't into the outdoors at all.  She just said that to get some CanadianGunNut action.  Just smack her in the jaw and drag her back to your cave.  You know she wants it.

She is married but doesn't wear a ring.  Turns out you know her hustband from another class.  (Oh wait, that happened to me)... nevermind
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 9:26:30 AM EDT
[#23]
I would go with a backup for shooting also.  Although she say's she into hunting /outdoors, she may not really be interested in going to the range.  If you want to try it fine, but maybe add "...shooting, or a movie maybe".  Keep options open so you don't get shot down if she's interested but doesn't really want to go shooting.

Mike
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 10:18:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Look her right in the eye and tell her what you just told us.

If she has any of that feeling going on her end she will respond favorably.

Hell she might even volunteer to give up the phone number.

And if she shoots you down.....Nah! she wont.

Trust me on this one. I date a lot of women and they like that straight up approach.
View Quote

This sounds like a plan to me.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 10:23:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Shoot her in the face!But look out that you dont get it into her eye;)

QtheBANG!
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 10:39:13 AM EDT
[#26]
CGN,

I'd try this approach.. something like..

"I've enjoyed working with you and talking to you, and it sucks that this is the last day...  could I call you sometime?"

Link Posted: 6/24/2002 10:40:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Hey, BungHole hasn't chimed in yet!!!!?!?? [:O]

Keving67
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 10:41:10 AM EDT
[#28]
or the standard "We should do something sometime"

Can't get more ambiguous then that!

Keving67
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 10:57:15 AM EDT
[#29]
AR15forfun: "If this is more than a few weeks old you may have passed from the "potential mate" category into the fatal "friend" category. Or worse yet, ....... "NICE GUY" category."  

Amen to that!  After being shot down by a long time female friend ("I've known you too long as a friend, it would be like dating my brother...") ACT NOW!  Learn from my mistakes.  I never got to ask her out before because she always had some jerk boyfriend at the time & jumped to the next jerk before I could psyche myself up to ask her out.  Then marriage, & when she recently filed for divorce from her nitwit husband she started dating again before I could ask her out!  When I brought this up she dropped the 'friend' bomb.  By being a decent guy & not trying to elbow some other guy out of the way/break up her relationships I screwed myself out of ever dating her because she'd rather take chances with some random psycho dickhead she just met than take the chance of upgrading our 'friend' relationship.  And women wonder why guys end up with misogynistic attitudes.  Being the decent, hard working respectful guy that women complain they can't find gets you NOWHERE!
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 11:20:43 AM EDT
[#30]
wrong attitude riff, think of it from her perspective. You're a good friend, invaluable for when her next relationship doesn't work out. You're a constant, she can count on you to be there for her when everything else in life has just gone FUBAR. Now given her history with relationships, why would she want to risk "upgrading" your friendship? If your upgraded and it didn't work out she'd lose you too. I'm so sick of this ME ME ME mentality you people exhibit. It's not all about you.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 11:48:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Just look her dead in the eye and say, "Listen, I know we don't have much time and all, but...  do you do anal?"

She'll jump right into your arms then.

Trust me.

the_reject
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 1:27:20 PM EDT
[#32]
jz02: "
wrong attitude riff, think of it from her perspective. You're a good friend, invaluable for when her next relationship doesn't work out. You're a constant, she can count on you to be there for her when everything else in life has just gone FUBAR. "  

Just like a 'nice guy'?  Yeah, right, been there-done that-have the shirt-bought the soundtrack & I'm GDfrigg'n tired of it.  I'll accept (not gladly though) that nothing will happen between us romantically but from now on I'll be G*Ddamn sure to try to get into their pants before I get placed into the 'friend' category.  I get tired of hearing what jerks their boyfriends are when they refuse to consider me as a dating candidate.  If I want more 'friends' I'll adopt another dog.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 1:44:40 PM EDT
[#33]
RiffRandall,

I can relate somewhat... Don't have that many female friends that I've wanted to date, but I have known a few women that bitch about all the jerks they've dated.  Sometimes they even recognize that I'm a nice guy, but still no response.  They want a nice guy, but still chase jerks.   Oh well.  I am fine being alone, and I'm not going to wear myself thin for someone else.

Link Posted: 6/24/2002 1:53:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
"Hi Laura, wanna go to the movies Friday?"

or just give her a thong and ask for a fashion show...

I've also found booze works well...
View Quote

Hey make it a movie like DeNiro to Cybil to in Taxi Driver! That ought to get 'em laid.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 2:02:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Just invite her hiking. That was me and my wife's first date. If she's an outdoors type, thats the perfect first date. Its low-stress, low-key, walk through some beautiful country and plenty of time to talk and get to know one another. A movie is a lame first date, because you sit for 2 hours next to each-other and don't get to talk much.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top