Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2001 6:38:18 PM EDT
pretty funny how for 8 years the media cast and evil shadow on this topic.now Bush is in office the country is going out of it's way to start showing the military in a positive way. are the liberals finally afraid or just trying to cash in by using the armed forces
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 6:59:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I just finished watching the tv movie about Marine boot camp.  It took me back to Navy boot camp.  I think they did a pretty good job with it.

And, yes, I did tear up when they graduated... I'm such a sap!!
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 7:08:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Navy Boot Camp, Ah the memories!

"What's your problem Ric?"

"On your face ric"

Don't forget Rickie Sundays

"Lights out!, If you are not in your rack you are WRONG!

Who can forget the intricate routine of seating the company at the galley?  "Turnstyle, first man through the brightwork!"

Ok, and the poor short people who had to be road guards.

"Why aren't you in uniform recruit?, What's your 11th general order?, who's bangin' mini-mouse?"  

The best?  "Uniform of the day is as follows:
YADAYADAYADAYADAYADAYADA etc."  Then they expect you to remember it and log it accordinly word for word!

Truthfully it was the easiest 8 weeks of my life!
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 8:02:59 PM EDT
[#3]
COULD BE THEY ARE PREPPING US (THE AMERICAN SHEEPLE) FOR ANOTHER ARMED CONFLICT
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 8:41:28 PM EDT
[#4]
No, no no no and, no.  Sorry, but you all lose the jeopardy round!  LOL!  The military is low on people.  That is the reason.  They made major cut backs back in the early 90's, and now they are recruiting.  Problem is, they are having a hard time recruiting generation "D", and they have revamped their recruiting tactics.  They are appealing to the glamorous side of serving(as usual).  
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 8:58:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Boom Stick:
No, no no no and, no.  Sorry, but you all lose the jeopardy round!  LOL!  The military is low on people.  That is the reason.  They made major cut backs back in the early 90's, and now they are recruiting.  Problem is, they are having a hard time recruiting generation "D", and they have revamped their recruiting tactics.  They are appealing to the glamorous side of serving(as usual).  
View Quote

aren't we up to generation Y [BD]. find that recruiting reason highy unlikely. can't see hollywood pushing pro-military vibe. this whole recruit hype was tried by the NYPD and it too was a total flop. with moral & pay low & senior cops quiting or retiring everyday city can even get enough people to take the hiring test
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 10:48:06 PM EDT
[#6]
It's no wonder NYC flopped getting cops, who would want to be a cop in NYC?  Civilians aren't free to own a gun(the civilians live under opression), the people doing the hiring are corrupt, and now Hillary clinton is in office there.  I'm sure I only named just a few rotten things about NY.  You couldent pay me to live there.  Besides, NYC cant use hollywierd as a recruiting medium like the militaty can.

The military has a budget, and it has a recruiting quota that is way below what it is suppose to be.  So your saying that there couldent possibly be military public relations Liaisons in hollywierd?    
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 11:29:49 PM EDT
[#7]
exactly, i feel hollywood will just use most people positive fell towards inlisted men to suck all the money they can from the public. then when thier done they go back to thier anti-gun stance.  just look at all the NY style cop shows on tv ( nypd blue / third watch ect..)was they no longer draw ratings you can bet sure as shit all these shows will be 86th.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 4:15:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I think I understand what you are saying NYshooter, but have you been drinking? :)  Your words are a little garbled, can you rephrase please?

Your transmission is breaking up. Say again, all after "exactly".  Over.

If I understand correctly I would have agree.  They do use their political stances for gain, and go right back to being anti-gun.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 4:34:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Dont worry once the economy is in the toilet they will join...the economic draft always works
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 7:37:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Boom Stick:
I think I understand what you are saying NYshooter, but have you been drinking? :)  Your words are a little garbled, can you rephrase please?

Your transmission is breaking up. Say again, all after "exactly".  Over.

If I understand correctly I would have agree.  They do use their political stances for gain, and go right back to being anti-gun.  
View Quote

sorry BOOM, back meds were kicking in. what ii was trying to say was that hollywood is just  exploiting the military for quick cash.the same way they did with all the nypd style tv shows.since most americans have respect for our military personal, hollywood is just capitalizing off of it. but once the ticket sales & tv rating drop,hollywood & the media will turn back to their anti-gun stance.

hope i wrote this in proper english this time[:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top