Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2002 1:20:10 PM EDT
Don't know how it could work, but was thinking that if a bunch/few/couple of AR-15 nuts were to rent a table to share for selling stuff at gun shows, it would be a profitable, social situation and we could increase the membership of AR-15 by showing the Gun community what Great people we are...[:D]
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 1:24:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in if anyone wants to do this at the next Holliway show in Knoxville.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 1:29:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I might take you guys up on the Knoxville show.  When is it?  I usually get a 8' table just so I don't have to walk around all day with about 40 lbs of guns.  BTW, you can find some REAL GOOD deals this way.  
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 1:45:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I would be in for staying at a table on Saturday at the ARPC September gun show in Albany, OR.

Would be a good chance for us Orygun ar15.commers to get to know each other and promote ar15.com

NMSight
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 2:51:39 PM EDT
[#4]
If I saw an AR15.com table at a show, I would definitely stop by for a chat.  
If there were a terminal with a connection to the site, then it would be great.  
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 5:30:01 PM EDT
[#5]
nice gunshow coming up here in norcross georgia in july and sept.
eastman show which is quite large.
might just check to se if they have any space left,probably be somewhere in the back but none the less a table.
maybe sell some kettle korn or beef jerky.
lol
rescue93
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 5:59:16 PM EDT
[#6]
That would not work out around here. only FFL's may sell guns at most of the gun shows around here. I have not been to a gun show in awhile around here. The ones at the "Trade Center" Used to charge for parking then it was another $5 to get into the gun show. My wife does not do any of the gun buying but I got to pay for here to get in. Then there are never any good deals. $30 for AK mags, $40 for USA ar-15 mags Used Glocks for $550 new one for $650. I just lost interest in them around here.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 6:03:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't know the rules in your areas but here, "vendors" park and get in free...   It's just a thought...   I'd like to try one in Tucson on Oct 12 and 13, if anyone is interested...
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 6:11:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Don't know the rules in your areas but here, "vendors" park and get in free...   It's just a thought...   I'd like to try one in Tucson on Oct 12 and 13, if anyone is interested...
View Quote

hmmmmm, a place to sit a yap about guns when not canvasing the show, a reason to stay all day at the show, a place to sell the excess stuff without hauling it on your back all day with a little sign, a way to meet other members...........SOUNDS GREAT !!!! [:D]

BTW, will we be able to sell cheap toys and turquise knock off jewelery ? [:O]
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 6:26:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Why Not!!  You forgot that you can bring your own food and drink..   No more $2.00 lemonade and $4.00 hotdogs...
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 7:07:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I think we are on to something here!
I usually hit the central part of FLA which includes
Melbourne
Ft Pierce
Orlando
Kissimee
Lakeland
Tampa
We could all chip in on the table fee
Local AR15'ers could work shifts
I could try out my hot peanut recipe
Sounds good to me!
Who's in Florida?
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 7:23:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 7:49:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Nope!!  Just throwing it out there..  It could be connected or not..  Either way, we'd meet people, share a table and if AR-15 approves we would be proud to show our affiliation and support in any way deemed proper...   Who knows where it could lead...

I just emailed GoatBoy to check the string and offer input...
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 8:12:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Hmm I think you may be on to something here.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 8:43:42 PM EDT
[#14]
bigyeti,

i am interested, especially if we get in to set up & look around on Friday, we all know that is when the good gun deals are made..., except for the walk ins of course.....

how many AR15.com members in Tucson......?

we need a head count !
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 9:15:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Sounds good to me. Thats the whole problem with meeting other members you go to a show and you know they are there but You just cant figure out whos who.
I think it would lead to alot more members getting together to do shoots and such.
NMSight... that would be cool. I may have to go see that shoot Ive never been to a MG shoot and I need to sign up at the ARPC anyway.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 10:00:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I would be in for staying at a table on Saturday at the ARPC September gun show in Albany, OR.

Would be a good chance for us Orygun ar15.commers to get to know each other and promote ar15.com

NMSight
View Quote

Just put a small AR15.com sign on your table and we'll find you. Either that or when the show gets closer post again with details.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 10:23:43 PM EDT
[#17]
NMSight,

Is it just me or have the ARPC gun shows been pritty small the last couple of years? Ive noticed they have almost completly lost all of their hunting rifle vendors. especialy weatherby. Its too bad to see that happen. Last time I was there all I heard vendors talking about was how the people were there and no one was buying anything, and how there was no money in selling guns ect. They need to figure out a new way to attract people and vendors.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 10:27:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Where do I sign up?
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 10:31:46 PM EDT
[#19]
I've suggested this for the August show in Nashville. See the other thread.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 5:44:53 AM EDT
[#20]
com'on Tucson shooters speak up !!!

hell, everytyme we go to gun shows there are hundreds of people, yet only 8 or 10 of us have a computer ???

Bigyeti,
i'll bet if we do this, we will increase the population of this site by 30 to 50 people !!!!! just from Tucson !!!

we deffinitely need more exposure, especially from those "closet" collectors.......
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 6:12:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Anti and I worked a Saturday show in Memphis when the 2001 LEGP was kicked off. Stayed busy all day talking to folks. Then Grin and I manned the table Sunday with a repeat performance. Got to meet some AR15.com member's and I hope some new member's as well. [smoke]
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 6:17:47 AM EDT
[#22]
The folks in Dallas/Fort Worth [b]TEXAS[/b] already have an [b]'AR15.com' table![/b]

It's [u]wherever[/u] [b]Brother Nick and Eric The Hun[/b] set up!

Where all the good little [b]AR15.compadres[/b] hang out! [:D]

Eric The(Hospitable)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 6:20:17 AM EDT
[#23]
OregonShooter,

Yes, I think the last "big" show was the one right brfore y2k. However, I went to the one this spring and thought it was pretty good. I actually like them better when it's not so packed that it is hard to get around.

While I belong to ARPC I never have had time to help with the shows. They have been trying new things to get the attendance back up - giving free passes for Sunday to those attending Sat., etc. I think part of the problem is less disposable income. I know I usually just buy ammo at the shows, and maybe a couple mags. I haven't bought a gun at one for two years now, but I have made contacts there and bought from some of the vendors at a later date - so part of the vendor complaints may be unfounded if you look at the total business they get from a show and not just what they sell over the weekend.

I'll check my work schedule for this fall and see about a table. Any word yet from the ar15.com powers that be on whether the table could offer ar15.com stuff?

NMSight
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 6:22:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 6:48:36 AM EDT
[#25]
I forgot to mention, it will be the Eric The[BRC Shirt] Hun day Saturday at the Gunshow in Memphis Saturday. Hank, Urban Redneck and I will have the Hun shirt's on. Should be a good promotion for AR15.com, and the BRC. People may not ask but you know they will read the shirt, hee hee hee. [smoke]
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 7:12:03 AM EDT
[#26]
[b]BeauBeaux, Hank, and Urban Redneck [/b], I am truly honored! I'll make certain I'll wear mine on Saturday, as well!

While y'all are at the Gun Show in Memphis, I and about 25 [b]AR15.compadres[/b] will be at the Hun Farm!

[b]At Noon, local, we will drink a 'toast in honor of our Tennessee Brothers'![/b] Think of us, 'cause we'll be thinking of ya'll!

[i][b]'That's 'T' for Texas, 'T' for Tennessee...'

[size=4]T For Texas[/size=4]
(by Jimmie Rodgers)

T for Texas, T for Tennessee
T for Texas, T for Tennessee
T for Thelma
That gal that made a wreck out of me.

YODEL: O-de-lay-ee-a-lay-ee-o-lay-ee

If you don't want me mama
You sure don't have to stall
If you don't want me mama
You sure don't have to stall
'Cause I can get more women
Than a passenger train can haul.

YODEL

I'm gonna buy me a pistol
Just as long as I'm tall, Lawd, Lawd
I'm gonna buy me a pistol
Just as long as I'm tall
I'm gonna shoot poor Thelma
Just to see her jump and fall.

YODEL

I'm going where the water
Drinks like cherry wine, sing 'em boy, sing 'em
Lawd, I'm going where the water
Drinks like cherry wine
'Cause the Georgia water
Tastes like turpentine.

YODEL

I'm gonna buy me a shotgun
With a great long shiny barrel
I'm gonna buy me a shotgun
With a great long shiny barrel
I'm gonna shoot that rounder
That stole away my gal.

YODEL

Rather drink muddy water
Sleep in a hollow log
Rather drink muddy water
And sleep in a hollow log
Than to be in Atlanta
Treated like a dirty dog.

YODEL

Eric The(Lyrical)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 7:13:54 AM EDT
[#27]
I would be interested in being involved in any New Mexico shows that AR15'ers would like to represent.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 7:19:25 AM EDT
[#28]
At 12 noon central 6/29, we will thing of you guy's and raise the horn to you guy's as well. The 2003 BRC will be a real family reunion as everyone will already know everyone else. [smoke]
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 1:59:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Can dogs come too???   I've got my own catskin holster...
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 9:36:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Ok, Computer Guy! You're from Orygun, AND always peddling mags. I'll spring for the table, you can have it to yourself on Sun. as I can only make Sat. Then Sat. we can set a spell and visit all day. Maybe talk about such things as.........hmmmmmmmm.... pest control.

To draw more of a crowd in, you could give a few practical demonstrations such as take-down & maintenance of an AR. Maybe a little wood carving demonstration for custom pistol grips - you know, just enough possibilities for you to get hurt enough to draw a crowd but not enough to actually need a trip to ER.

NMSight
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 10:32:45 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm in for Tucson shows,  might only be Pima Co. shows though

Biggame223

Out
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:59:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Now we have to figure how to get internet access at Pima County fairgrounds...  
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 10:14:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Capital idea. I just got a notice from Crossroads of the West about a gun show July 6-7 at AZ State Fairgrounds. I'd LOVE to purchase an AR15.com polo, except my computer doesn't bring up the pics of the apparel, and I shy away from buying ANYTHING sight unseen. Could I work a table? Sure. I've worked a table for a manufacturer before, and if you guys have never done it, it's a hoot. That time of year it's best to work in shifts-because of the heat-unless they have it in an air conditioned venue.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 6:57:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Anyone going to the gun show in Grand Junction. July 20???
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 8:29:26 PM EDT
[#35]
bigyetti,

i got an idee..., i just bought me a BFI VietNam commemorative AR-15/M-16 pre-ban in case [b]&[/b] THE Colt AR-15 A2 VN comem. wythout case.., maybe someone cud twist my arm just a tad & i might bring them for display..., it might be a crowd gatherer, & if ya git a phone line........, hey who knows we just might be able to bring back THE ORIGINAL GUN SHOWS !!
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 8:22:52 AM EDT
[#36]
We could try...  We'll need a computer and internet access...   How about it Tucson members, any suggestions???
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 7:55:41 PM EDT
[#37]
bigyeti,
have you contacted AR15.com honchos yet & asked if they wud consider letting us put up banner, "AR15.com", after i mentioned to Jay that i might put my (first) VN comem. on display, he is considering the entire Veterans Day weekend as a memorial to ALL vets & have a Vets memorabilia display in the meeting room...,

BTW, i got my Colt M4 upper today !!
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 8:23:10 PM EDT
[#38]
hey fellow brothers, i too will be at the
memphis show. [shotgun]   [50]
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 8:59:59 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm in Tucson and generally go to both the TCC shows as well as the ones at the fair grounds.  Be nice to talk to some of you if you could get together a table and identify yourselves.  
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 12:41:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
bigyetti,

i got an idee..., i just bought me a BFI VietNam commemorative AR-15/M-16 pre-ban in case [b]&[/b] THE Colt AR-15 A2 VN comem. wythout case.., maybe someone cud twist my arm just a tad & i might bring them for display..., it might be a crowd gatherer, & if ya git a phone line........, hey who knows we just might be able to bring back THE ORIGINAL GUN SHOWS !!
View Quote

CJ!  I left a message for Goat Boy to check it out and give us any input but haven't heard back..  Never brought up a banner but that's a good Idea...  We could do an "AR15 members" table...  I don't know who we would ask...   Maybe they'll read this and get back to us...
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 6:45:16 PM EDT
[#41]
As I said before I am in.

BigYeti,

Any show is OK,  but a AAA (AzArmsAssoc) is the best run show down here IMO (although not always the busiest)

If we want to display weps we MAY need two tables if CactusJack is coming  8^)

We's gonna have fun

Biggame223

Out
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 7:01:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 7:09:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Let's see who's a go for the AAA show on Oct
12-13...  This way we're not rushed...   At my age, when I get rushed. I get confused...   Anyone know what they charge for a table or two ?
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 7:11:47 PM EDT
[#44]
I'll probably be there.  Just need to know what table to go to.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 12:30:37 AM EDT
[#45]
I will speak w/ my AAA contact and let you all know.

If someone else can find out if we can "promote" Ar15.com or not,  if that is what we want to do.

Biggame223

Out
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 3:21:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 5:01:25 AM EDT
[#47]
bigyeti,
goatboy is out of town fishin, i thynk is the what the auto return message i got, he will be back on the 30th...

biggame,
two tables.......?? where will you folks put your guns ?????

Corporal,
if this comes off you will have no problem finding us...., i gurantee it !!!!!! [:D]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 11:08:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Bigyeti,

Tables for Dec show are $65 for NON-AAA members.

AAA membership is $35 than tables are $50 and $60 for aisles or walls.

I was told if we want to pick where our table is and have alot of choices we need to pay and choose in EARLY September  ( I say late Aug if it matters to ya)

Biggame223

Out
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 2:40:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Bigyeti,

Tables for Dec show are $65 for NON-AAA members.

AAA membership is $35 than tables are $50 and $60 for aisles or walls.

I was told if we want to pick where our table is and have alot of choices we need to pay and choose in EARLY September  ( I say late Aug if it matters to ya)

Biggame223

Out
View Quote

I would like to get in on a show at the fairgrounds if possible biggame223.  I have too many AR and AK mags and may have a gun or two to sell.  Maybe an upper or two for AR's also. I have weekends off through Sept.  Biggame223, I met you at the range a couple of weeks ago and will probably see you there before this happens.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 3:12:00 PM EDT
[#50]
wiseweasel02,

Please email me if you can,  I cannot seem to find you email addy.

Thanks

Biggame223

Out
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top