Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2002 10:09:35 PM EDT
Well, I went shooting for the first time since getting LASIK and I am quite alarmed. I didn't take any rifles, just pistols. Anyhow, the first thing that I noticed was that when I tried to focus on the target, the rear site became totally blury to the point where I could barely see it and the front site was pretty blurry too. My groups have fallen off completely. Groups at 7 yards look like they have been taken at 25. I had the surgery about 4 months ago and haven't shot since then, so yes, I am out of practice, but I clearly remember being able to see both the target and sites more clearly before I had  the procedure. When I first had my eyes zapped, I was seeing perfect and was ecstatic. Now, my eyes have degraded somewhat and I am having trouble with starbursts around lights. Going in for a followup appointment on monday.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 10:15:30 PM EDT
[#1]
... Too early to judge. Don't give up yet.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 10:19:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 10:20:39 PM EDT
[#3]
My guess is that you need to re-learn how to aim with your new found eye sight. I had to do that myself when I got LASIK. I was never able to shoot with both eyes open with my bad eyesight, eyes just would not focus. After LASIK it was difficult for me to shoot long periods with pistols without opening both eyes. After a while my eyes would blur and I would have to open both eyes and found I can see the sight picture real well with my dominant eye.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 10:31:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks doublefeed, I've just gouged out my eyes because of that pic. I guess the blury vision is no longer an issue.

Hey LT, it seemed as though I could focus a little better by shooting w/ only my dominant eye open. Things got real blury with both eyes. Was this the same problem you had or am I misunderstanding what you meant? Anyway, no matter what, I will have to re-learn how to shoot (not that I was any good at it to begin with)
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 9:22:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Had mine done last september and they are fine but some people will take up to a year for the effects to completely settle down.  I now shoot much better than I ever could with the contacts on and I'm sure with time your eyes will be fine.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 12:03:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 12:14:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok, no more Janet Reno pics guys!!!!

Do you want everyone to go blind or are you a rep for LASIK working on commission?!?!
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 12:19:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 12:20:19 PM EDT
[#9]
It will take a while for your eyesight to get to the best point. It took me 3 weeks after I had lasik before my eyes were the best they could be. Give it at least that much time and see how things work out. You shouldn't have any problems after that[:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top