Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2002 9:03:22 PM EDT
open letter
Dear Mr. Scoutten,  Sir or Madam,

I wanted to send you an email to express my concern after viewing this weeks American Shooter.  please see: 06/22/2002 10:00AM
[url=http://www.americanshooter.com/Show_Schedule/show_schedule.asp?act=showshow&show_id=248]american shooter[/url]

What I would like to bring to your attention is the lack of muzzle discipline Jim Scoutten displayed as he showed off the new Benelli M-4.  I was quite surprised to see someone I think highly of repeatedly pointing a shotgun at me.  I was able to count 3 occasions when the muzzle of the shogun was covering the camera, camera man and viewing audience.  You may say the gun was unloaded or give any number of excuses but the fact of the matter is shooters like myself as well as the non-shooting public look to the TV show American Shooter as our only positive source of gun information, I have always seen good safe gun handling practice in the past and hope to see them in the future.  
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 5:31:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I had to duck; I mean, those bullets could fly right out of the screen if a ND were to occur.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 6:23:41 AM EDT
[#2]
it's important.
people see it and they see how to act.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 7:19:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Col. Cooper's Rules Numbers 1 and 2:

"Every gun is always loaded."

"Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy."
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 7:53:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I ducked this week when Jim pointed a Springfield 1911 at the camera this week showing off the light he had mounted on it.

Link Posted: 6/23/2002 7:57:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Give him a break, it looks more "sexy" for TV.

In the original western, "The Great Train Robbery", a cowboy pointed his gun at the screen and fired. This really freaked people out at the start of the century.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 8:01:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 9:46:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Give him a break, it looks more "sexy" for TV.
View Quote

your joking?
pointing a gun at me is not cool or sexy.  its asinine.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 2:56:18 PM EDT
[#8]
If there was no one behind the camera, I don't see a problem with it.  I don't think of someone pointing a gun a camera as pointing a gun a me - ummm, it is just your TV set, ya know?

Rocko
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 3:01:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Man, what have you been smokin?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top