User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2002 8:59:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 9:02:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 9:10:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Why are the Democrats afraid of saying anything bad, even the truth, about other Dems...
View Quote

They're collectivists. It's the "We Are Borg" mentality.

Quoted:
...but Conservatives will speak the truth, no matter how bitter?
View Quote
It's called "honor".

Link Posted: 6/22/2002 9:11:50 PM EDT
[#3]
You smacked the nail on the head Mac.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 9:12:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 9:19:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Politicians?  I reckon they lose the ability to tell the truth when they get elected, but that doesn't mean people of the same general ideology shouldn't criticize them.
View Quote

Not all of them.

I don't recall "B-1" Bob Dornan or Matt Salmon (my guy from AZ) lying to keep their job.

(of course they're not in Congress anymore - that should tell you something about true Conservatives)
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 6:52:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Actually, they don't even have a true "creed."  It's too variable for that; a creed involves belief in a principle.  Just what they believe will get them elected (or their "handlers" tell them the consultants think will work). That changes from time to time and place to place.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top