Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 6/22/2002 8:33:55 PM EDT
My grandfather gave me his discharge papers and his ID to scan and copy. He would like to get duplicates of his awards and citations from his service. I was hoping somebody could post a link or even know what I am looking at. Anyway here goes. Battles and Campaigns: 50 Phillipines Luzon GO 33&40 WD 45 Decorations and Citations: Good Conduct Medal Phillipines Liberation Ribbon American Theater Service Medal AS-PAC THR Service Medal W/2 Bronze Stars Victory Medal Military Occupational Specialty: Surgical Technician (861) Highest Grade Held: T/5 He sailed on a troop transport ship called the "Loriline"? or something that sounds lke that. He was at sea for a total of 163 days. Although he was Army he is a Shellback and still has his declaration from King Neptune Regis! He visited ports in not only the Phillipines but India, Australia, a bunch of smaller islands, I think New Zealand, so many I can't remember all he listed. He was dispatched with a small group of soldiers once to find a Colonel that went loony in Rangoon and get him back to a field hospital. He mentioned a group of soldiers called "Merrils Marauders" that he met up with and sailed with for a short while. He tells me all kinds of great stories. Some funny, some not, some just sorrowful. Anyway I'm looking to put together a presentation case with his rank insignia, etc. Any help is appreciated! TIA
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 9:16:13 PM EDT
Use the search feature on this site and you should find everything you're looking for... [url]www.gruntsmilitary.com/index.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 5:46:41 AM EDT
Go to [url]http://www.archives.gov/facilities/mo/st_louis/military_personnel_records/awards_and_decorations.html[/url] and download/fill out the SF180 form. Mail it to the address listed for the branch or service. Neil
Top Top