Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2002 6:42:03 PM EDT
IMO, what a cracked out dumbass movie...!  makes ya think a little about what the future might hold...but i though it was a waste of time.  Except for maybe those "sick sticks"...where would i get one of those?
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 6:46:00 PM EDT
[#1]
If the choice was to go to the theatre and see Minority Report, or sitting at home watching MTV, I think its time to skate for the theatre. It wasnt the greatest movie ever made, but there were parts in there that made you think, kind of like the Identity Scanners that were on every doorway, or the fact that the police in the future will have the ability to just walk into your home at will.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 7:04:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Saw it an hour ago. Money WASTED. I only went because my friends wanted to.

Makes you think, though. Is Steven getting us ready for something we don't know about? IMHO I'd rather be digging George Orwell out of his concrete coffin than see that movie again.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 8:12:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, those "sick sticks" seem pretty stoopid. What cop would want to get puked on by everyone he had to subdue?

Link Posted: 6/22/2002 9:03:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't know if you guys saw the same movie but the one I saw was excellent. I'd recommend it. I'll definately buy the DVD.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 9:15:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I really liked the movie. It took a lot of thinking to come up with something that that twisted. Although its not the best movie of all time, it was definately one of the best ones ive seen this year.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 9:22:55 PM EDT
[#6]
1)It wasn't three hours long
2)It was a very entertaining, intelligent, well-made movie.  Very much worth seeing.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 9:57:28 PM EDT
[#7]
at one point I leaned over to my friend and asked if they had burned the Constitution.
Fairly good movie, shows the deterioration of privacy that can occur if we let it
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 10:06:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I enjoyed it. The concept of "that which keeps you safe, keeps you free" is relevant today. It's an intelligent movie, not your usual summer fare. Besides, I was fantasizing about a few people I'd like to use that sonic shotty on.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 10:23:02 PM EDT
[#9]
for me it was the asses behind me. kept talking and making really lame comments

Quoted:
Besides, I was fantasizing about a few people I'd like to use that sonic shotty on.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 7:22:52 AM EDT
[#10]
I thought it was pretty good and I loved that ultra-liberal was pushing Libertarian ideals.

Much better than Vanilla Sky.

BTW, I don't want the sick sticks, I want the guns that "blow" people away.

I give it a "thumbs up"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top