Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2002 12:53:48 PM EDT
Ok I I know this is a pretty stupid question but I'm gonna ask anyway.

Does anyone know how to wrap a knife handle in paracord the way that Strider are done. I just got a Stiff KISS and am getting ready to wrap the handle but don't want to just wrap the outside. Does anyone know how to interlace the two sides so that the center of the handle is filled with the intertwined paracord? I like the KISS but want more meat on the handle than just an outer wrap will provide.

Jake
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 1:02:33 PM EDT
[#1]
One of the military guy's forums had good instructions.  I thought it was Jim Owens' www.jarheadtop.com but that is strictly a high-power site.  It's bookmarked on another computer somewhere.  I'll look and post if I find it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 1:09:37 PM EDT
[#2]
This is what I'm looking for:
[img]http://www.badassknives.com/strider/knives/sa.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 1:58:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Greetings,
Go here http://www.striderblades.com/ then click on "Rewrap Your Handle"...

14/88

ktmhk53
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 2:15:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Greetings,
Go here [url]http://www.striderblades.com/[/url]then click on "Rewrap Your Handle"...

14/88

ktmhk53
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 5:47:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Be very careful when wrapping the handles of a knife like the KISS as the blade will pop out of the Kydex sheath when you least expect it. How do I know? I did it twice with the last one worth about twelve stitchs.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 6:10:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Be very careful when wrapping the handles of a knife like the KISS as the blade will pop out of the Kydex sheath when you least expect it. How do I know? I did it twice with the last one worth about twelve stitchs.
View Quote

just out of curiosity how long is a cut that requires 12 stitches?  
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 11:33:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 3:38:15 AM EDT
[#8]
308wood-
I'm glad you asked! [:)]

Here's the story. I'm bored at work one day so I get the bright idea to wrap the handle on the Stiff Kiss that I had got the day before. Everything is going swell as I'm really cranking down on the nylon cord when you guessed it the blade come out of the kydex sheath that I was holding in my left hand and slices through the meat of my thumb pad down to the bone as CRKT makes one F'ing sharp knife. This is at work mind you and I don't know about your's but mine tends to frown on one knives in the work place and two bleeding all over the damn place! I go hide in broom closet of sorts and super glue the bastard closed after I lost about a pint of blood. Healed pretty good. Love that super glue.

The second time I nearly hacked a digit off was when after giving said first knife away to a friend I missed it so much I went out and bought another one just like. I don't know about you guys but I gotta play while I'm driving (paying attention to the road is just so damn boring you know) so I start wrapping the handle again at all the stop lights on the way home. Now, even with the mental and physical scares of event number one in mind, event number two was even better. I had to get one more row before the green and just then the blade meets Mr. Index and Mr. Middle finger of the left hand again! Lights green now, and I got blood squirting all over the damn place in my Jeep so call I could do is grab a napking really tight to stop the blood. I call the wife. She's pissed now, and meets me at the local ER. The wife and nurse tried to confiscate my new blade but I told 'em there's now way I'll give this one up as now we have a connection.

You don't really own a knife until you cut your fingers off with it. Only then is it really your's!
[chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 9:36:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Works well on AR-15 handguards too...
[img]http://members.aol.com/bishop042/hndgrd.jpg[/img]

BISHOP
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 9:48:48 AM EDT
[#10]
mk1iii

TI gotta play while I'm driving
View Quote

[beer]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top