Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 6/21/2002 5:35:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/21/2002 5:35:42 PM EDT by rogerb]
Being an avid hunter, i frequent animal rights board to see what the oppositon is up to, I had to pass this one on, seems they are about to target the eating of lobsters, and want to get the message out in gay pride events. From: "Megan Hartman" >Subject: PETA Activist Alert-Fishing Leafleting >Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 11:49:04 -0400 > >Dear Activist, >When warm summer weather comes along, many people yearn to be out of >doors. We have two related ideas: >For some, nicer weather means going "hunting in the water," i.e., >pulling out a rod and reel and tormenting helpless fish, who begin to >suffocate to death as soon as they're taken out of their element. Of >course, countless birds and other animals suffer, and many die, too, >from injuries caused by swallowing or becoming entangled in discarded >fishing hooks, monofilament line, and lead weights. We hope you can >schedule some time in the coming weeks to put on your best smile and go >hand out one or more of the following leaflets: "Fishing Hurts," "What's >Fishy About Seafood?" and "Being Boiled Hurts" (about lobsters). Please >send me an e-mail with your name and mailing address (no P.O. boxes, >please), and I will send 50 of each leaflet, 25 "Fishing Hurts" >stickers, and 25 "Being Boiled Hurts" stickers (if you can use more, >just let me know). >Another idea: In many cities, there are "Gay Pride" festivals and >parades in June. These events are a great opportunity to reach many >people with a colorful animal rights message. Consider having a table at >your local Gay Pride festival or entering the parade with your own >animal rights-themed float or banner. Please go to >www.interpride.org/igc02/igc2002index.htm to find events in your area. >We'll happily send fliers to help you with your event. >Thank you for all you do for animals. They truly need you!
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 5:45:40 PM EDT
Mmmmmmmm lobster
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 5:51:05 PM EDT
All the more reason to take your kids out fishing when they're old enough: so they don't become fruits like these guys.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 5:55:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 6:03:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 6:22:35 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Aimless: PETA had a cow suited idiot outside one of the local grade schools this week. I guess people mostly made fun of him/her. even the local weekly left wing paper made jokes about it-they said the cows looked pretty content in the PETA handout (course cows usually look pretty content no matter what)
View Quote
Sounds like an "udder" disaster... [beer]
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 6:26:53 PM EDT
[b]For some, nicer weather means going "hunting in the water," i.e., >pulling out a rod and reel and tormenting helpless fish, who begin to >suffocate to death as soon as they're taken out of their element. [/b] Wonder if this idiot ever caught a flathead.. Ya gotta beat those suckers in the head for about an hour with a ball peen hammer to OFF them...[kill]
Top Top