Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 6/21/2002 1:01:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/21/2002 4:19:42 PM EDT by Arock]
The new Bushmaster "Superlight 16" upper I ordered at the BRC is shipping today!!! One of the first production build uppers. Bushmaster gave us a 10 percent discount, free shipping and because I begged they're gonna ship it Second Day Air FOR FREE!! Damn I love those guys! Gonna have it in time for ETH's HunGunFunInTheSun. Shawn's Cav Arms lower is waiting for it to get here! Woo-Hoo! Get to sight it in at the party. It's been a tough week and I needed a pick-me-up. This did it! Did I say THANKS Jarrod!!??
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 1:13:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 1:23:01 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 1:27:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/21/2002 3:41:28 PM EDT by Arock]
Originally Posted By ilikelegs: Got a pic of what it looks like?
View Quote
Nah...the complete Superlight 16 upper is a brand new part so it's not in the catalog yet. A drawing of the barrel assembly is on their website but that's all there is for now. I'll post some pics when it gets here. [url]www.bushmaster.com/shopping/barrel-assemblies/abbl-16sla.asp[/url] Bushmaster is building the Superlight uppers as pre-ban only so I have some work to do. At the BRC I got one of Kurt Wala's A2 brakes and a LeVang brake to try. And ETH's sounds like the place.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 1:57:17 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Arock:
Originally Posted By ilikelegs: Got a pic of what it looks like?
View Quote
Nah...the complete Ultra-lightweight upper is a brand new part so it's not in the catalog yet. A drawing of the barrel assembly is on their website but that's all there is for now. I'll post some pics when it gets here. Bushmaster is building the Ultra-lightweight uppers as pre-ban only so I have some work to do. At the BRC I got one of Kurt Wala's A2 brakes and a LeVang brake to try. And ETH's sounds like the place.
View Quote
Does BM plan to release post ban 16" lightweights?
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 3:35:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Boomholzer: Does BM plan to release post ban 16" lightweights?
View Quote
Dunno...they have all the parts. I talked to Jarrod a couple weeks ago about getting a post-ban version and he said the only way they're making them now is in pre-ban configuration. Didn't ask but I wonder if there's a reason behind that??
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 5:36:25 PM EDT
You like being a beta tester? he he Hey, good for you. Hope you enjoy it. :)
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 5:57:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By mattja: You like being a beta tester? he he Hey, good for you. Hope you enjoy it. :)
View Quote
I like getting my hands on toys before the other kids do. [8D]
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 5:59:44 PM EDT
Your putting it on a post ban rifle!! [shock] OMG better get that bayonette lug off there mister! What the heck ya think your doing! How reckless a person can you be? HUMMMM?
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 6:06:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/21/2002 6:08:26 PM EDT by Arock]
Originally Posted By deadeye47: Your putting it on a post ban rifle!! [shock] OMG better get that bayonette lug off there mister! What the heck ya think your doing! How reckless a person can you be? HUMMMM?
View Quote
That's what I meant when I said I have some work to do. I'll probably mill the whole lug off. John at K2 Sports wants to take off just the latch ears. I don't want the dead weight so it's most likely coming off. "But I do have a pre-ban to test it on." We're dangerous men. We'll strike again. But first, Let's have a beer. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 7:09:28 PM EDT
Don't you just love buying something and having to go through the time and expense of immediately having to alter it in order to have it legal!! Especially removing a piece of metal that holds a knife! [BD] What a bunch of retards we have running the show for us! Hey be sure to permanently pin that muzzle attachment on too you reckless devil you.. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 4:03:45 PM EDT
When you get it, can you weigh it for us with the cav lower attached? I know what the upper weighs (it's written down somewhere), gotta buddy with one. Curious as to what the whole package weighs. Did you put an A1 2 or 3 upper on it? M4-AK
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 4:10:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By M4-AK: When you get it, can you weigh it for us with the cav lower attached? I know what the upper weighs (it's written down somewhere), gotta buddy with one. Curious as to what the whole package weighs. Did you put an A1 2 or 3 upper on it? M4-AK
View Quote
It's an A3 flattop (pardon the redundancy). Glad to put both upper and lower separated on a scale and report. I'll post pics and details at the same time. The upper and lower have to be separated since the upper won't be "post-banned" yet. Upper should be here early next week.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 4:55:52 PM EDT
Don't go through all that trouble with the barrel Arock Just mail it to me. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 8:03:57 PM EDT
Arock, You beat me to it. I've been thinking about putting together the same gun. What do you plan on using for sights? Irons? Should be sweet!
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 8:11:00 PM EDT
Lightweight carbines are AWESOME! I have a pre-ban Colt Lightweight and it is my favorite AR - even more so then my M4gery. I am sure you will like your new rifle! Eric
Top Top