Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2002 9:52:54 AM EDT
and im madder than a rained on rooster. someone ripped off my CD player. and my FAVRIOTE cd, kill 'em all. i had my truck at a chevy dealer having some work done. the chevy guys left it out unlocked all weekend (DUH). some wortless ship heap went in, and tore out my CD player, along with a portion of my dash. the chevy dealer is going to buy me a CD player and install it and all that stuff, to thier credit, thier makin it right. the guys thinks im crazy, cause i was very calm about teh cd player, and as i explained it to him, i realized my mettallica CD was gone and freaked. but anyway, i want to know who did this, i live in a small area. thier was only one person around here that had the balls to touch my truck (if anyone remembers my egged truck thread) but that individuals perception has since been adjusted, and they decided to never look at my truck sideways again(best to not ask questons here).

as i think about it, i sorta hope i dont find the guy that did this. that son of a bitch, sitting in my truck, in my seat, touching my steering wheel, GGGRRRRRRRRRRR.

if i had caught him in hte act i may have been upset enough to empty sevral mags over thier heads into an empty feild.

i seriously feel violated here. im gonna go break stuff at work now.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 10:11:02 AM EDT
[#1]
that sucks
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 10:15:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 10:18:14 AM EDT
[#3]
care to mention what dealer or atlest what town so I don't go there? Also there are a couple pawn shops around here if the dick is that smart, probably sell it to his buddies!
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 10:27:15 AM EDT
[#4]
mattsd,
Sorry to hear about that.
"Accept small losses cheerfully, they are a part of life. They protect you from big ones."

Because it was Metallica, can I send you a burn of Kill'em All?
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 10:29:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd only be mad if it were SLAYER!!!!!!!!!
Kill'em All? Hell, you can have mine......
[:D]
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 10:55:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Rapped? You mean raped? Ripped?

Here I was thinking that DJ Teefus had stood on the hood of your truck and rapped a little ditty for you....
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 10:59:56 AM EDT
[#7]
He's right, these punks or punk need to be taught a lesson.  You just don't mess with a man't truck or his tunes....ESPECIALLY Metallica.  Lock and load gentlemen.

Mike
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 11:02:56 AM EDT
[#8]
As part of our wide ranging services to all AR15.com members, please find assistance in obtaining a new Mettallica CD below.

[url]http://www.cdnow.com/[/url]

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/biggrin2.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 11:15:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
ANGER MANAGEMENT, muthahfuckah, DO YOU SPEAK IT?

Christ man, it sucks that your truck was broken into, but if the worst part of the outcome is that you lost a Metallica CD and you are so pist that you feel the need to empty a mag into the perp's braincase, then you need some serious help...

the_reject
View Quote

Ummmm, where did he say that?
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 11:16:26 AM EDT
[#10]

I had my car broken into once, and it's an infuriating feeling. It's also been six years and I'd still like to stomp the pusilanimus little piece of mule shit that did it until his spleen was dripping out his nostrils if I could find him. My only hope is that he took a my only handgun at the time, a POS S&W 9mm, that had a trick safety that would release the firing pin on a live round if you weren't aware of it...I hope he got a hollow point to the gut and slowly died over a period of several days in agonizing pain. Maybe I too need some anger management, since theives PISS ME OFF.
   Matt, I hope it wasn't the Kill'Em all CD with the extra tracks (Am I Evil and Blitzkrieg) on it...That DOES suck major ass.
Pit
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 11:39:55 AM EDT
[#11]
I feel your pain. And while we're on the subject of f*ck-ups and their interrelationships to our fine vehicles, lemme recount my story (on a smaller scale)...

Sun nite about 9pm; parked my truck in a safe lot and was crossing street to a great Mexican restaurant. Good area of town: 1 block away from Draegers, the Hillsborough millionaire's supermarket.

Only about 15ft away from my truck when I encountered a runty punk kid 16-18yrs old who asked if I had any "spare change". I just said "no, sorry" and continued across the street not thinking anymore about this.

Of course I had spare change: about $2 in quarters to get the Sunday newspaper to read with my dinner. Said runt must've seen me feed the machine with my "nonspare" change before I got my dinner. When I got back to my truck, the driver's door had been "keyed" for about a 5.5" lenght (down to the metal!), and there was a minor keymark on the rear pillar.

Pis*ed off no end. 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 but looks like new. I'm the kinda guy that shines his shoes every night, and washes/vacuums truck 2x/week and ArmorAlls his tires. Buddy was able to touch up the area and cover up exposed metal but door will need to be re-shot to be OK. (Other mark buffed out.)

Because of time, etc. I think punk-assed kid may work around there and regularly cut thru that lot. (Dunno why he's asking for change, other than getting extra beer money.)

So I've been parking around the corner lately, eat there on Sun evenings, just waiting for the little f*cker to show up.

I'd rather've had him steal my truck than this pointless sh*t. At least I'd get a new truck from insurance.

Bill Wiese
San Mateo, CA
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 11:53:28 AM EDT
[#12]
I have an ongoing problem with f**king theives myself. Since my truck doesn't have a camper shell (like it would make a difference) nor is it extended cab, I keep one of those plastic totes bungee corded in the back with SPARE WATER, anti freeze, some bungee cords, oil for the chainsaw, etc. Nothing really expensive. The damn thing gets stolen frequently because some lowlife tries to pick it up, it's heavy, they think it's tools, so they take it. Assholes don't realize that maybe sometime I'd need to use that stuff to help their asses out.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 12:06:17 PM EDT
[#13]
you need to formulate a trap where the bad guys see a rich target they just cant pass up.  then you have a 30rd blank clip in your AR15 and jump out and catch them in the act.  just start  and order them to the ground.  if they resist then pop in a real "live" clip. and start  for real.

let me tell you the first time someone wrongs me that bad, and i catch them.  they will have a few rounds up their @$$!
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 12:11:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ummmm, where did he say that?
View Quote

I stand corrected.

Eye kant reed.

the_reject
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 2:57:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Last summer some asshole tried to steal my Tacoma.  He put a sheet metal screw into the ignition and tried to yank it out with a slide hammer, but the screw busted off.  My eclipse cd player has a security led and he ripped the face off thinking it was a alarm.  Two weeks later he tried the same thing to another Tacoma in the apartment complex across the street (belonged to a metro auto theft detective DoH !!) with the same result.  3 days later they caught the stupid sob in the same complex trying to boost a 4runner.  The detective said it was the same guy as my truck but they could not prove it.  The only kick ass thing was that the detective visited the bastard one night. (evil grin)
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 3:11:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey guys, isn't that what most kids do? Don't be too hard on them, they're just being kids!  Don't try and stop them or they'll get mad and steal more stuff and/or egg your house.

[:D]
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 3:28:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Matt, I must confese it was me! [:D] Just kidding, but I know how you feel, my Explorer was broken into about 2 years ago and I was mad enought that I told the cops that I would beat the HELL out of them.  They looked at me funny, but did the pussy patrol (county and local cops) find them, NO!  Guess what they stole.....Some college books although they did cost me like $300.  Hope you find them, but I doubt it a thief is always hard to catch.  Best of luck! [:)]
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 4:14:19 PM EDT
[#18]
I had my Jeep sittin at the local shop one weekend and some piece o shit stole the radios out off 3 cars.The CD player and amp,all the spare change,a few CD's the dash was cracked and the rear door lock was screwed up........It was in the shop for brakes all around w/roter's & drums the shop owner done the work on the house.The insurance co.......who where complete assholes...finaly covered the damage.....I fixed the door myself and picked up a bushy lower with the change...
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 4:27:06 PM EDT
[#19]
I had my car broken into a few years ago in the U-Dist. Had my skateboard, cd player, GPS, EVERY CD I OWNED, and about $50 in cash.

I didn't get too upset about it until I realized THE MOTHERFUCKER STOLE MY GODDAMN CIGARETTES!!!!!

I wasn't too uspet about the rest, because it was all replaceable. BUT THE ONLY THING I WANTED IN THE WHOLE WORLD AT THAT MOMENT WAS A CIGARETTE, AND THE FUCKERS TOOK IT!
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 8:42:41 PM EDT
[#20]
When I lived in Houston I had a CB and stereo stolen out of my van in MY drive way. I told the Police If I had caught them I'd have killed them. I said " whats the law on breaking and entering" anyway? They said "kill um and do a good job of it..don't wound them..call us and we'll take care of the rest of it" Damn I miss Texas!
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 8:53:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
"kill um and do a good job of it..don't wound them..call us and we'll take care of the rest of it" Damn I miss Texas!
View Quote

damn i love my state!
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 9:01:42 PM EDT
[#22]
well, i think i came off in that first post more mad than i acually am. i have already replaced my CD. im a bit worried about the dash. its a little messed up, and its gonna be hard to get the dealer to spring for a new dash. i guess if they make it look and function ok, all will be well.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 9:04:07 PM EDT
[#23]
and to anyone who questions my comment about emptying the AR mags, i think you should searh for posts made by a certain naked gunman, and the joke will become clear.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 9:11:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
care to mention what dealer or atlest what town so I don't go there? Also there are a couple pawn shops around here if the dick is that smart, probably sell it to his buddies!
View Quote

it was brown chevy in cherokee iowa. honestly, im not real pissed at them. they SHOULD have locked my truck, but at least their replacing everything.i mean, i have forgot to lock it before. its really an honest mistake i guess.

thier arnt any pawnshops around here. i know people that may be tapped into the sorta market these things go on. keep in mind this is ultra rural NW iowa. its not like where most of you guys, even the other iowa members live. if i put effort to it, i will find the player and the bastage that took it. the player isnt worth the trouble , but...
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 10:49:00 PM EDT
[#25]
My truck was broken into a couple times when I  was so down financially I couldn't see daylight.

Sorry, but I don't have a shred of sympathy towards theives anymore like half the bleeding hearts replying to this topic.  Those willing to "accept small losses cheerfully" are part of the problem!  

If you accept that a certain amount of theft is a part of life and just smile and go on, you are encouraging this to continue!  What is your tolerance point?

A few of those diliquent rat bastards found stretched out bleeding on the pavement will set a good example for the rest of the pack.  It may be the only positive contribution to society they may ever make, but they made that choice in my book.  

-po (spare the rod and spoil the child) go  
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 8:26:40 AM EDT
[#26]
pogo,
" . . part of the problem . . .":

You might be right.

Had two cars totalled/rear-ended while stopped, by uninsured/underinsured motorists. I had under/uninsured coverage, but since paid off both cars, no comp/collision. Negligent parties had nothing.

My insurance would only pay medical, no property loss coverage, even though had under/uninsured.

Two solid american sedans, loaded, down the toilet. Out of pocket, got nothing, infact had to pay towing charges. Got attorneys to go after, but negligents had nothing. In PA, no drivers license is not an arrestable offense. Am amazed at the ding-dongs on the road. Talk about emptying mags. . .

Back pain and numbness, but hey, play the hand dealt.

I see your point about principle, but life and the world, to me, aren't perfect - but we do our best.

As for bleeding heart, that's funny.
Believe we should have a flat tax, not a flat rate, but a flat amount. Also, we should seize this opportunity to colonize the middle east.

mattsd,
Mentioned burning Metallica, because their suit shut down Napster. Have thought about moving back to Iowa City, and if so will get a secure car stereo, ha!

(edited to add spleen venting)
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 9:44:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Sorry to hear about your truck, I hope you can get some sort of payback.[}:D]

Dude, you should have seen me when the broke into my 2001 Nissan Maxima and took my Valentine 1 Radar Detector. I hung out for several hours that night waiting for someone to come back and mess with my car.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 11:21:39 AM EDT
[#28]
the chevy dealer is going to buy me a CD player and install it and all that stuff, to thier credit, thier makin it right.
View Quote

I'm surprised you got them to agree to that.  I went through something like this w/ my great-nephew a few months ago.  He left his new Corvette(!!!) at the dealership for an afternoon for them to handle a recall (steering column will lock-up).  They didn't do the work as promised, so he left it overnight.  Some idiot broke every window and stole the seats.  It was also raining, so the interior was shot.  The dealer refused to fix it.  They even refused to get it back in working order (some electrical work, install a driver's seat, and a windshield) so he could drive it to another dealer.  I went with him to the owner's farm to talk to him about collecting something so he could afford to get it back in working order.  The owner showed me their standard service contract, and in the small print, it stated that they were not responsible for any damage.  My great-nephew had signed it when he left the car.  He ended-up having to claim it on his insurance, and it more than doubled in price on his last bill!  Again, I'm surprised the dealership agreed to take any responsibility.z
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top