Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 9:52:37 AM EDT
[#1]

New Yorker by birth, Cuban by blood, Conservative by the Grace of God, and DAMN proud to be a naturalized Rebel!

What a shame she's married...... (sigh)
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 10:14:39 AM EDT
[#2]
EricTheHun:  "Thanks, RiffRandall, I'll never make the mistake of calling it 'Missouree' again!
And remember folks, it's 'Lou-wee-zee-ana' not 'Loose-i-ana' when talking about the Hun's birthplace!
Eric The(AndIt's'Nooawlins'Not'NewOrleenz')Hun "

The funny thing is, I've never considered that I have a 'southern' accent because I don't talk like my relatives in Arkansas.  But I've been told I do have a slight one by my friends who are from the Kansas City area.  Probably because of the 'mizzourah' bit & other speech patterns/slang (y'all, 'coons age, that dog won't hunt, etc).  

How in the cornbread hell could anybody pronounce Louisiana & New Orleans wrong?  Missouri has plenty of these:  Versailles, MO is "ver sales" not "ver sigh" even though it's named after the French town.  Rolla was named after Raleigh,SC but spelled like it was said.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 3:09:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The place for the flag is over town hall not in the back of your truck.

View Quote

Same for the American flag too?

I disagree.

And not that you brought this up, but what gets me about people that say "Well the KKK uses that flag!" is that they don't want to ban the Cross or the American flag...which the KKK uses also!

...oh, wait a minute. Yes they do!
View Quote

You are very right! they do.

But yes,the back of bubba's truck is no place the the American flag.
It's not a toy it stands for something,not in the same way a "no fear" sticker does.

But this is a small point,as long as we can keep the commies from banning everything one can fly the flag from a stick in there ass for all I care.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 3:39:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Lee was Lincoln's first choice as commander and chief for the union forces.  He turned it down because he didn't think it was right for the government to stick their nose into private business.  This country's too damn PC'd.....why is it ok for someone to ride around with an African flag or Puerto Rico flag.....and they're just honoring or displayin they're heritage, but if I fly the Stars and Bars.......I'm a racist?  I agree we need to stop tryin to rewrite history!  I love this country, but I don't need a government telling me how I should think or feel!
Charlie  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top