Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2002 8:06:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 8:10:56 PM EDT
If that's not a #1 country song in the makin' than I don't know what is! [beer]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 8:15:44 PM EDT
Woah!! Dude!! Pass that over here... [smoke]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 8:25:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 9:00:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By lostwildcat: Tonight I realized I have everthing in life that any one person desereves... no sh*T. I have a wife who loves me..A healthy son on the way..a home...several black rifles..and a cat who can fetch! I hear a lot of bitching on this site, most of it is from trolls trying to convice others to think a certain way, but as for myself tonight I am going to stop complaing about things I cannot change ie bullsh*&t in the middle east, PC speech etc... From now on I will work to make a diffence in my families life and in the country I support. I will no longer be PC in order to spare some A-holes feelings, I know what is right and what is wrong and when my son is born I will teach him to know the difference. Thank you God for everything you have blessed me with..guide me to be a good father, a decent man, and true patriot! God bless the USA and every father /father to be, as their children are the ones who will make the difference.
View Quote
Amen brother! I'm closing fast on the big 4-0, and I've been taking stock of my life. While there are things I would like to change/improve, I figure my wife and three boys put me WAY ahead of the game. We all talk about how we want to change the world, but the only sure-fire way to make a difference is to raise your children up right and show THEM the way. God bless you and your family lostwildcat.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 9:24:00 PM EDT
It's all a matter of perspective. When I think of the circumstances of others in this world, I am rich beyond the average human being's wildest dreams...I eat when I please. I sleep in a dry comfortable place. I drive a car and wear clothes without holes. I practice my religous beliefs as I see fit. When I think of Ted Turner or Bill Gates or someone like them...I've beem lied to, cheated, and screwed every which way possible. I can control only how I see the world. I can count my blessings, or I can be bitter. I can control how I feel and how happy I am...just by choosing where I stand to look out over the whole wide world. And so can anyone do.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 9:35:50 PM EDT
What time did you start drinking? I'm sorry but I started late enough to say I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! You be the most and all thet techno shit...
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 9:37:58 PM EDT
Just as a repost..... Shit guys, help me out....which way do you push the beer tabs...OHHH!!! SHIT! Away from you....got it....
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 9:49:11 PM EDT
There's alaways some turd who just..oh, never mind. Not worth it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 9:52:29 PM EDT
nice post lostwildcat.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 9:57:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By lostwildcat: TThank you God for everything you have blessed me with...
View Quote
... So true. However, I must say, one doesn't necesarily NEED to be a father to have "everything in life" ... I'm parentless but I have many young nieces and nephews and relatives. I too feel like I've been extremely blessed so far in life. ... Then again, I'm of the belief that your life is what [b]YOU[/b] make of it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 10:02:42 PM EDT
How perfect. I read this post as I get back from having dinner with my wife. We celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary tonight. I know what you mean. Have a great night. I have got to go. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 10:05:56 PM EDT
EEP OPP ORK AH AH!
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 10:26:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 10:27:46 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 10:32:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DrFrige:
Originally Posted By lostwildcat: Tonight I realized I have everthing in life that any one person desereves... no sh*T. I have a wife who loves me..A healthy son on the way..a home...several black rifles..and a cat who can fetch!
View Quote
LOSTWILDCAT: before my baby girl was born two and a half years ago I wanted to have the biggest house with the BMW and a HUGE service company. Me and a big time dealer got into a huge fight I was stressing over and then two days later, my girl comes into the world. Unfortunately she has heart issues and you know what? It puts life in perspective. Screw the cars and the big dreams of lots of money. All I want is good health for me and my family. PLUS! I wish good health on all of you.
View Quote
... We are all grateful to have friends like you [b]DrFrige[/b]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 10:43:01 PM EDT
Originally Posted By lostwildcat: Tonight I realized I have everthing in life that any one person desereves... no sh*T. I have a wife who loves me..A healthy son on the way..a home...several black rifles..and a cat who can fetch! I hear a lot of bitching on this site, most of it is from trolls trying to convice others to think a certain way, but as for myself tonight I am going to stop complaing about things I cannot change ie bullsh*&t in the middle east, PC speech etc... From now on I will work to make a diffence in my families life and in the country I support. I will no longer be PC in order to spare some A-holes feelings, I know what is right and what is wrong and when my son is born I will teach him to know the difference. Thank you God for everything you have blessed me with..guide me to be a good father, a decent man, and true patriot! God bless the USA and every father /father to be, as their children are the ones who will make the difference.
View Quote
Typical Southern Attitude...[:D]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 10:58:23 PM EDT
heeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah BTW - Who is the shit for brains ditator?[}:D]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 11:11:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 11:43:20 PM EDT
Originally Posted By lostwildcat: Tonight I realized I have everthing in life that any one person desereves... no sh*T
View Quote
There is only 1 thing that can temporarily make me feel this way: Gold spray paint in a plastic bag.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 12:55:47 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Imbroglio:
Originally Posted By lostwildcat: Tonight I realized I have everthing in life that any one person desereves... no sh*T
View Quote
There is only 1 thing that can temporarily make me feel this way: Gold spray paint in a plastic bag.
View Quote
Damn, Imb. you are always in such a HUFF! No complaints here. I deal with kids everyday who can barely speak and are looking at a lifetime of being in the control of others because they can't control themselves. No matter how bad things get I have my students to put things in perspective for me. Plus I got a great wife, house, dogs, good friends, one car for everyone in the house if you include the dogs, no kids, not every gun I want but feel lucky to have what I do, HDTV (mmmm... HDTV) and I'd still be happy without all the stuff. If you just take joy in the small things in life, the rest will come and it doesn't matter too much if it doesn't. If you are a whiny, bitter, jerk, life tends to suck no matter what you have.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 5:07:33 AM EDT
Thank you lostwildcat, [beer] You give us quite an inspiration. I too have what is most important, good health, a family and a home. God bless America....
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 5:29:18 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 7:38:10 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 1:35:17 PM EDT
[img]http://www.promisekeepers.org/conf/TPA2/Brothers.jpg[/img] is this the fucking Promise Keepers website?
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 7:41:30 PM EDT
Originally Posted By GeoDome: ... is this the fucking Promise Keepers website?
View Quote
Ah, 'ol Blaze rears his pimply little head again.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 7:47:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 7:50:26 PM EDT
Or somethin' like that!![;)]
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 7:52:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/21/2002 7:53:56 PM EDT by lostwildcat]
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 7:54:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 7:54:20 PM EDT
View Quote
Save this post and report back in, oh, say 2 years and tell us if you still feel the same way. Not a flame. AB
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 7:54:34 PM EDT
and a cat who can fetch!
View Quote
yes, but can your cat take a dump in the toilet?
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 7:55:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 8:04:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 8:05:30 PM EDT
Originally Posted By albob: Save this post and report back in, oh, say 2 years and tell us if you still feel the same way. Not a flame. AB
View Quote
I knew this was coming. lostwildact- I once posted a thread like this. Thankful for SOO much in my life. Weren't long till the "piss on the campfire" types came 'round. Ignore them bro'. You get thru the bad times by enjoying the good times when they come round.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 8:06:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/21/2002 8:11:53 PM EDT by lostwildcat]
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 8:13:05 PM EDT
Originally Posted By lostwildcat: Yo Garandman, thanks..Hope your post still rings true..keep the faith. Nevertheless, Ill let you know how great things still are in a couple of years!
View Quote
At the time I posted it, my wife, 33 yrs old at the time, was just coming off radiation and chemo treatment for cancer. (God has seen fit to send her cancer into remission. Praise His name for that) I won't claim it didn't beat me down pretty good - it did. But we made it thru. And God was with us all the way - that and ALOT of true friends He had given us. Life is a rollercoaster ride. But with the right mindset, you can enjoy both the ups and the downs.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 8:17:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 8:29:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By garandman:
Originally Posted By albob: Save this post and report back in, oh, say 2 years and tell us if you still feel the same way. Not a flame. AB
View Quote
I knew this was coming. lostwildact- I once posted a thread like this. Thankful for SOO much in my life. Weren't long till the "piss on the campfire" types came 'round. Ignore them bro'. You get thru the bad times by enjoying the good times when they come round.
View Quote
I ain't pissing on anything. I am married, have two beautiful little girls, 4&9, I'm just saying that things CAN get a little outta hand sometimes. It can make one a wee bit stressed. AB
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 8:34:42 PM EDT
Originally Posted By lostwildcat: Save this post and report back in, oh, say 2 years and tell us if you still feel the same way. Not a flame. AB
View Quote
Well, if I dont feel the same way in two years Im not doing a very good job. Things happen, I know...life is like a box of chocolates" and all that, but...Like someone else already said, your life is what you make of it, nothing more, nothing less. Nevertheless, Ill let you know how great things still are in a couple of years! Edited to say. Yo Garandman, thanks. Hope your post still rings true..keep the faith and all that, dont loose sight of whats important.
View Quote
My dad told me many years ago that raising kids was the toughest job he ever had. Now I know what he meant. But as someone else said here, you gotta take the bad with the good. And right now, "it's ALL good"! AB
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 8:38:15 PM EDT
lostwildcat wrote:
Winston_wolf, your right, you dont NEED to be a father to have everything,I dont think its necessary to have kids.. The world needs good uncles too! We all know a lot of fathers fall short, its nice to have backup!! My brother will be an excellent uncle and Im glad to know my son would be in good hands should anything happen to his parents.
View Quote
Thanks for posting that. My two didn't make it, but between nieces, nephews, great-, and one great-great nephew, I'm an uncle 36 times over. It nice to hear someone express their appreciation of an uncle. This might sound petty, but yesterday was a great day. I got air conditioning for my house. I just can't take heat like I used to, and my wife has been suffering worse than me. Last night, the house felt like a motel room. I'm looking forward to cooling off at home after walking home from work tonight.z
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 9:04:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 9:51:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Ratters:
Originally Posted By Imbroglio:
View Quote
View Quote
Damn, Imb. you are always in such a HUFF!
View Quote
I was merely trying to help out by giving an option to those who aren't as "fortunate" as some others. Drinking works, but sometimes it just takes too damn long.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 7:13:47 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 7:31:00 AM EDT
Very inspirational post!! I'm gonna be an uncle by blood in august. I simply cant wait for this astronomical amount of joy I'm about to come across. I'm already happy. Good family, good friends, and beautiful niece. My niece. Her name is Mara. [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/toaster%2Fmara%2520close%2Ejpg[/img] GeoDome, how dare you shit on a topic like this!! ASSHOLE!!
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 8:02:20 AM EDT
lostwildcat- Excellent post and excellent ATTITUDE!! And it's watching pitiful beetle-grubs like geodome whine about your good fortunes that make living well all the more sweeter!!
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 9:06:23 PM EDT
I agree with you! Too many people dwell on the past and things they cant or wont change. I say roll with the punches. Put the past behind you, learn from your mistakes and strive to be a better person. What doesnt kill you only makes you stronger!! -- Best of wishes to you!!
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 5:51:07 AM EDT
The Lord has given me all one could sensibly ask for, and far more than I deserve. I have a lovely, wonderful wife (who is also buddy, girlfriend, advisor/consiglieri, playmate - a bargain combination). My in-laws are great - my mother-in-law is a buddy, too. And, a nice assortment of toys, enough to make me feel guilty.
Top Top