Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
3/20/2017 5:03:23 PM
Posted: 6/20/2002 7:05:13 PM EDT
I'm finally out of high school today. My parents made me wear a suit and tie. I thought it'd look gay until I showed up and every other guy were made to wear suits and ties by their parents. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 7:08:31 PM EDT
you graduated today? why arnt you at an all night party?
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 7:08:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 8:48:02 AM EDT
Man I'm jealous! Just got invited to my 35 year reunion. Con-Grats (pun intended)! Your at the beginning and the world is your playground. Going to college? Trade school? Just going to wing it? Best of everything and blessings!
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 9:30:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 9:58:55 AM EDT
Congrats! I graduated on the 14th.. How's it feel to finally be out? I'm loving it. ;)
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 10:02:29 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Paul: Welcome to the real world...
View Quote
a bunch of adults pretending to earn a living all the while debating who-knows-what and everything else on a discussion board devoted to the evilest black rifle ever to be made? man i love the real world! [:D]
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 10:15:11 AM EDT
Well now all you Similac breath youngin's need to get an evil black rifle. See these guys (and/or one like them)...! [url]http://banner.goarmy.com/banrtrck/banrdocs/armyop60.jsp;jsessionid=banner.goarmy.com-2a52%3A3d136ac9%3A6992b78de8e24da?banner=3662-016i-9999-9999-60[/url] PS---Congrats!!!
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 10:35:29 AM EDT
Congratulations. Seems just like yesterday, well actually two years ago, that I graduated. Are you going to college? Keving67
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 10:40:36 AM EDT
Originally Posted By jz02: I thought it'd look gay...
View Quote
pixplzkthnx. the_reject
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 10:55:59 AM EDT
WooHoo!! Does that mean you are finally at an age where you can buy the firearm that represents a website that you spend a desent amount of time on? [}:D]
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 2:01:39 PM EDT
ARLady, you nailed that one.[img]http://fishhook1.homestead.com/files/miss44.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 2:13:05 PM EDT
I got out of high school last year. I recomend going to college to stay in the semi nest for a while longer. College is a blast, even with a face like mine!
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 2:45:18 PM EDT
yep, going to college. The Marines didn't want me [:(]. But all's good, I'm going to Cornell Engineering this coming September, planning on majoring in Operations Research. Some of my classmates partied all night, but I usually don't stay up that late and I don't really like parties. As for guns, I wouldn't go for an AR15 just yet(going to have to wait for after college and get a real job so I can afford it). I want to see if I can get a bolt action .22 first. Although that all depend on how everything works out. (college dorms and guns don't exactly mix), and since I'm from New York City, keeping some here would't be a solution either. I think a bolt action .22 wouldn't look as evil and would be more acceptable to most people as a sports/hunting rifle. Plus, it doesn't shoot casings everywhere and .22s are cheaper (hey, I'm a student, don't exactly have a lot of money). Most of my savings would probably have to go toward a laptop for college, whatever is left over, we'll see. I like shooting sports (never got the opportunity to shoot a real gun but I've been playing paintball for years and I've shot BBs and airsoft). Ammo can be pretty expensive so a .22 is probably the best I can afford if I can afford anything at all after the necessary expenses. I know this sounds stupid but the thing I look forward to the most at Cornell is probably the cooking. The cooking there is unbeatable, I really look forward to eating there. Besides that their campus is situated in a pretty nice environment, and there are a lot of hiking trails nearby. Eat and hike, not a bad combination. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 3:41:27 PM EDT
JZ, when did you get out of school? I go to University of Kentucky and we were out late April (dead week). Best of luck at Cornell (very good school) in the Fall. BTW, don't drink too much or you will pay for it. You wouldn't believe the amount of friends that I know that have dropped out in the last 4 years of college due to partying and drinking. One more thing, they try to weed out the dumb one's your freshman year, so study hard (I doubt you'll need it since attending Cornell)!
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 4:07:16 PM EDT
You probably don't know me, because I've never drank or smoked in my life and I don't intend to. I'm not a big fan of recreational drug use (yes, alcohol is a psychotropic drug). I dont' think college will be insanely difficult. I went to a magnet high school and worked my ass off. So I've been pretty well prepared for college. (I think that's probably the major deficiency in public secondary education today, most public high schools don't sufficiently prepare their students for college. Their approach to secondary education was designed for another era) Here's the other thing. I prefer not to think of myself as a work hard or study hard type of person. It's not that I'm lazy or a slacker, it's just that work and study tends to have a certain "officially sanctioned" conotation. I read a lot of books outside of course material and do math problems out of interest. I prefer to think of myself as a study light type of person. I don't like too much pressure, I like taking the time to read and understand concepts and ideas, then trying to develop them further myself. I prefer to be driven by interest rather than necessity. The word hard for me carry a forced conotation, like you're being driven hard by someone else to do something. I prefer to be driven gently by my own academic interest.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 4:15:35 PM EDT
Originally Posted By jz02: You probably don't know me, because I've never drank or smoked in my life and I don't intend to. I'm not a big fan of recreational drug use (yes, alcohol is a psychotropic drug). I dont' think college will be insanely difficult. I went to a magnet high school and worked my ass off. So I've been pretty well prepared for college. (I think that's probably the major deficiency in public secondary education today, most public high schools don't sufficiently prepare their students for college. Their approach to secondary education was designed for another era) Here's the other thing. I prefer not to think of myself as a work hard or study hard type of person. It's not that I'm lazy or a slacker, it's just that work and study tends to have a certain "officially sanctioned" conotation. I read a lot of books outside of course material and do math problems out of interest. I prefer to think of myself as a study light type of person. I don't like too much pressure, I like taking the time to read and understand concepts and ideas, then trying to develop them further myself. I prefer to be driven by interest rather than necessity. The word hard for me carry a forced conotation, like you're being driven hard by someone else to do something. I prefer to be driven gently by my own academic interest.
View Quote
Yes, my feeling is you are going to do just fine.
Top Top