Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2002 5:36:25 PM EDT
OK, here are 01 & 02 LEGP #74's...  As of now, they are both unfired.  I just can't decide if should keep them unfired until I have the set!  

I have other ARs so its not like I NEED to fire them but, its just plain sad to set them in the back of the safe and try to avoid making eye contact with them every weekend when I pull out all the other ARs and take them out for a good time...  I feel like such a bad father!

What to do?  I would appreciate some serious advice here, especially on the value appreciation/collectibility argument.

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/FMJunkie%2FIM000302%2Ejpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 5:38:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Your hooks are not lined up straight, that would drive me nuts!   [smash]

Bill3508
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 5:39:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh, I forgot, I would shoot it, but I don't have any?  [:(]

Bill3508
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 5:41:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I've shot both of mine.  I don't buy guns to collect them.  I buy them to shoot.  I wouldn't expect the value of the rifles to be greater just because they say AR15.com on them.  They are a great value and the engraving makes them more valuable to me but probably not to many others.  

Just shoot them and enjoy them.  I know that I have.

Link Posted: 6/20/2002 5:47:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Your hooks are not lined up straight, that would drive me nuts!   [smash]

Bill3508
View Quote

There are 10 sets of hooks on that wall and that is the only set that is off!!  Figures I would photograph that set...
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 5:50:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Women were made to love.
Money was made to spend.
Guns were made to shoot.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 5:52:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've shot both of mine.  I don't buy guns to collect them.  I buy them to shoot.  I wouldn't expect the value of the rifles to be greater just because they say AR15.com on them.  They are a great value and the engraving makes them more valuable to me but probably not to many others.  

Just shoot them and enjoy them.  I know that I have.

View Quote

The only reason I am thinking about the value is because I saw several 01 LEGPs sell for 800-1200 at the beginning of the 02 sale.  At a price of $660 (IIRC) that's a pretty good appreciation after a year...  I don't know.  

There is something that is appealing to me about having a 5 year series of numbered, limited production rifles that are NIB.  Then again, I can't believe I am even saying that as I have been known to buy a gun, go directly from the store to the range, clean it on the firing line and start shooting it!

I think I shoulda bought two...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top