Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
4/25/2017 7:42:44 PM
Posted: 6/20/2002 3:07:18 PM EDT
Wednesday, June 19, 2002 10:54 p.m. EDT [url]www.newsmax.com/showinsidecover.shtml?a=2002/6/19/220218[/url]=Newsmax Article [b]Alan Keyes' TV Show Targeted by Radical Muslims?[/b] An anti-Israeli Internet petition critical of MSNBC's "Alan Keyes is Making Sense" has Keyes fans wondering if the cable network succumbed to pressure from radical Muslims when it announced it was yanking the pro-Israeli commentator from its prime-time schedule. MSNBC said earlier this month that it was dropping the conservative firebrand from his 10 p.m. time slot after just a five-month run. Shortly before the announcement, a pro-Muslim petition calling on the network to remove Keyes began circulating online. "It is our intent the undersigned to express our disapproval of the content and manner in which Mr. Keyes explicitly promotes his Zionist biased views and ideologies on national TV," begins the petition, addressed to MSNBC, on the website www.RamallahOnLine.com. "His views are extreme right wing and are so supportive of Israelis aggression and atrocities," the petition continues. "We do hope that you will consider our views and opinions by either removing Alan Keyes of[f] the air, or having him refrain from such practices and indulge in fair journalism," urges the petition, which began circulating in early June. After the network announced its decision to ax "Making Sense," one visitor to RamallahOnLine.com posted this message: "Congratulations!!! MSNBC has announced that Keyes will be cancelled. Keep up the good work!" In his short time on the air, Keyes has distinguished himself as one of Israel's strongest backers in the war on terror. This week, for instance, he broke the media embargo on a devastating video showing Palestinian children being indoctrinated in anti-Jewish hatred. Another detail that has Keyes fans wondering about MSNBC's decision to give him the prime-time heave-ho: the ratings for "Making Sense" were no worse than the average nighttime show on the cable network. "It is becoming clear that this is an ideological decision - none of the new MSNBC prime time lineup is conservative or pro-Israel," a Keyes supporter told NewsMax.com. The network offered to move "Making Sense" to an afternoon time slot but so far Keyes has turned thumbs down on the idea. As of now, "Alan Keyes is Making Sense" is scheduled to broadcast its last show on July 11. Lets start a patriots mail in campaign [email]AlanKeyes@msnbc.com[/email=AlanKeys@msnbc.com
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 3:24:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 3:25:58 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 3:31:26 PM EDT
If Fox had any brains, they would pick him up. O'Reilly may not like it, however. he he
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 3:31:33 PM EDT
Alan Keyes just made too much sense. I, for one, will miss his views and the stance he took against the baby killer terrorists. Shame on MSNBC if they did knuckle under this type of pressure. Jim
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 6:31:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/20/2002 6:32:30 PM EDT by Powergen]
This is sad news, but I think the truth is that Alan Keyes is just too damn good for MSNBC. I'm not surprised that a network affiliated with NBC didn't have the guts to support conservative viewpoints, especially those as well thought out and eloquently expressed as are held by Mr. Keyes. Hopefully FOX won't miss this opportunity to pick him up. Thanks for the email link, I sent my message off to him this evening.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 6:38:26 PM EDT
Now that he is not going to be on that shitty network, I can remove them from the "favorites" button. Bastards.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 6:39:24 PM EDT
Alan Keyes is, without doubt, the most intelligent person on any of the news channels. He has the best news show on TV. As much as I enjoy O'Reily, Keyes makes him look like an arrogant blowhard.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 6:52:30 PM EDT
I strongly encourage everyone to write them and get him back on the air. PMS-MSNBC isn't on America's side. That's for sure!
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 6:56:55 PM EDT
Originally Posted By mattja: If Fox had any brains, they would pick him up. O'Reilly may not like it, however. he he
View Quote
Amen
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 7:19:02 PM EDT
I hope that Foxnews Pick up his show!!! Ben
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 11:25:56 PM EDT
They could replace Greta with Keyes. That would be great.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 1:04:22 AM EDT
Originally Posted By mejames: They could replace Greta with Keyes. That would be great.
View Quote
I would vote for that.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 3:47:52 AM EDT
I have e mailed MSNBC and told them that I'm going to make up a list of the companies that spend advertising with them, and then write those companies, and tell them I'm boycotting their products until they stop advertising with MSNBC. MSNBC may not care if we watch or not, but you can bet their advertisers damn well care about several thousand potential customers boycotting their products for spending money with MSNBC!
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 3:50:53 AM EDT
You guyds don't actually think there is some kind of "radical muslim vast left-wing conspiracy" that can control TV programming, do you??? [whacko] If you wanna find a conspiracy in this, look at Mr. Keyes OTHER drum he has beaten non-stop over the last 3 months - the infestation of homosexuals into the Catholic Church. If you read Bernard Goldberg's book, you KNOW the homo lobby does indeed have real control over TV programming. In my estimation, Mr. Keyes intelligence killed his program. He would spend an entire hour on a single subject. The American people's 30-second- commercial attention span couldn't handle it. Add to that two things: 1. For three months, every single time I turned on his program, its been either (1) the Catholic church or (2) Israel. He's a two note Johnny. Sorry but there were OTHER things going on in the world other than that. 2. His program was simply a platform for him to monologue. He often used people presenting opposing views as the patsy for him to soliloquy. And WAY too often, the deck was slanted 3 people against 1 with interviewees for a particular discussion segment. Himself and two others against one lone sacrificial lamb. God bless ya Mr. Keyes, and I love ya, but you got a presentation style meant for newspaper columns. And I STILL think he's the most intelligent, most on target national figure in the country today. None of you REALLY thought MSNBC was gonna run him for more than a single season, did ya? He was their token conservative - nothing more.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 9:20:03 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 9:29:58 AM EDT
Shayamim is right....itworked on Rosie and Kmart!!!!! I have e mailed MSNBC and told them that I'm going to make up a list of the companies that spend advertising with them, and then write those companies, and tell them I'm boycotting their products until they stop advertising with MSNBC. MSNBC may not care if we watch or not, but you can bet their advertisers damn well care about several thousand potential customers boycotting their products for spending money with MSNBC!
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 11:06:46 AM EDT
You think Donahue will get that time slot or will they try to put him up against O'Reilly?
Top Top