[#2]
I thought it was about you also....

[argue]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 1:02:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Not me, I think she's cool.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 1:03:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Very interesting!  Where are they found?

BTW, what are you trying to do?  Educate us?  That's a real tall order!
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 1:06:04 PM EDT
[#5]
The title's about her, the post is about some worthless sea creature.  [:D]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 1:06:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 1:09:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Colonel,
 I think you're thinking of the "Banded Lawyer Fly"
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 1:09:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 1:18:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Some of the most beautiful shells in the world, the Textile coneshell, and the Geographer cone shell, are also extremely poisonous.

View Quote

IIRC, cone shell venom was the toxin carried by U-2 pilots during the 50's -'60's to off themselves with in the event of capture. the needle was concealed inside a "break-away" quarter.

On the subject of nasty critters. (or "stupid things I did when I was younger" or "lucky to still be alive").

My unit was undergoing jungle training down in Panama. The jungle wildlife and scenery was spectacular... especially to a city boy with an interest in nature. While humping the trails I spotted this shiny brilliantly colored iridescent little tree-toad (black with green spots). "Cool" "Check out this MF". I stuck him in the butt trap of my M-16 and carried him in there for a few days with the intention of smuggling it back state side. When he wasn't in the butt stock I kept him in a small container hidden outside. For whatever reason, I decided to give the little guy his freedom and released him. Wasn't till much later that I found out it was a poison arrow frog. Fortunately it was one of the more kinder and user friendly species that didn't kill on skin contact. If I had any open cuts on my hands, it might have been a different story.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 1:19:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 2:02:47 PM EDT
[#11]
You hit that poor fish in the head with a bat or what?
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 2:22:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
IIRC, cone shell venom was the toxin carried by U-2 pilots during the 50's -'60's to off themselves with in the event of capture. the needle was concealed inside a "break-away" quarter.
View Quote

Garry Powers must have left his loose change at home on that fateful day. [;)]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 2:27:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 2:35:30 PM EDT
[#14]
The cone snail poison is one of the deadlest known to man. Can kill in less than a minute. It is also used in extreme diluted portions in sophisticated pain management medicine!
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 2:45:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey Tat, can i make a request, how about showing us a box jelly (fish) next.

Col. Klink, you may be talking about human bot flies, they are pretty nasty, check this out

http://www.missouri.edu/~vmicrorc/Arthropods/Diptera/Dermatob.htm

Link Posted: 6/20/2002 2:47:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 3:08:18 PM EDT
[#17]
I think you have some pent up sexual frustration
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 3:12:23 PM EDT
[#18]
brouhaha, that sig file sounds familiar, is it from the moody blues ???
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 3:31:56 PM EDT
[#19]
I like reading Tatjanas' posts. I like learning new things whenever I can. Wether or not I will ever run into a mishap with one of these creatures is another thing...Better to know about something and never use the knowledge than to need and not have it.

Keep them coming [:D]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 3:37:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 3:38:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 5:11:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
brouhaha, that sig file sounds familiar, is it from the moody blues ???
View Quote

I don't want to speak for brouhaha, but I think his sig line is Edgar Allan Poe...also spoken by Orson Welles as part of a narrative in the song "A Dream Within A Dream" on the Alan Parsons Project's CD "Tales of Mystery and Imagination: Edgar Allan Poe." [:)]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 5:36:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Wow.  I'd like to state this is my first post talking to TatJana.  I heard she was and I quote:

"A rich beautiful charming elegant stupendous amazing excellent awe-inspiring she-goddess"

I sez, "Great.  But can she cook?"

He goes, "She has jumbo sized breasts and they don't sag, cuz there like anti-gravity equipped"

I sez, "Sounds pretty good.  But can she clean?"

He goes, "Man, she's so hot.  I'd love to see her in the nude"

I sez, "That's nice, but will she love me?"

He goes, "Nah Jojo, you're a hack.  Besides, she's to rich for you"  

I sez, "That's alright, I'm just looking for a simple girl.  Somebody that reminds me of my mother."  

I guess that's it.   Say, do you have any pictures?
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 5:50:28 PM EDT
[#24]
[i]And I thought you were talking about yourself![/i]

I remember seeing a show where they were talking about these.

Many fisherman and others have died after they picked them up.

It has a tongue which it extends from its shell. It has a stinger at the end which contains the venom.

Slow but DEADLY!

Link Posted: 6/20/2002 5:53:08 PM EDT
[#25]
LOL, JoJo. Now I understand why garrywoen said

I love this guy, Matt is like the little retarded brother I never had... He sent in his CAV-15 to up-grade to a "Artic White of Justice"... He sent it in a box about 10x bigger then the lower with no packing material and a wad of cash stuck in the mag well!

No matter how shitty my day is going, I can look in the GD forume and find some new picture of him or more of his advice to "fuck like rabbits"...Priceless!

JoJo, your alright with me!
View Quote

[url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=53868]JoJo[/url]

[:)>]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 5:57:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Reminds me of Arizona...   Everything here will either stick you, bite you, sting you, suck you dry, or kill you...  (the critters are mean too).[XX(]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 6:46:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I raise these fish. They are called Frontosa's.
"Cyphotilapia frontosa"
I have had 3 batches of baby fry.
1st was 9. 2nd was 30. 3rd was 35.
They can grow to be 15" long.

[img]http://www.aquaworks.net/frontosa/images/NorthZaire.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.aquaworks.net/frontosa/images/KKigoma.jpg[/img]

View Quote

Do you know a lot about fish?  I know that they are a very rare species of cichlids.  Each Frantosa baby could easily sell for $30, at the very least!!

Damn you're a very lucky man.  I only have a ton of oscars. [>(]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 6:47:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I think the nastiest creature on earth is the Funnelwebspider. Those little turds can bite through your toenail.
View Quote

Through a toenail?!?  Well, they do have some big fangs...

[img]http://www.bettanet.net.au/sonata/spider.jpg[/img]

[url]http://www.bettanet.net.au/sonata/fwspider.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 6:52:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top