Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2002 7:08:55 AM EDT
OK, I'm fat.

I need to get some PT (can't run too much because of a knee injury)

Any suggestions????

Link Posted: 6/20/2002 7:13:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 8:01:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Surely not as big as those GSSF Range officers I hope!!
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 8:43:56 AM EDT
[#3]
United States Marine Corps Workout

ISBN: 0-7394-0584-5
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 8:51:38 AM EDT
[#4]
IMHO you should forget the military stuff - do some internet research and buy a civilian book on fitness, preferably focusing on cardio and a one set to exhaustion per exercise weight routine.  A lot more efficient use of your time than military style workouts.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 8:53:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I second Elmer's suggestions.
[url] www.about.com [/url] -do a search here- cardio, exercise, fitness etc.
I think bike riding is the best cardio- if you're a total lardass, get a staionary bike.
And unplug your TV.
1 last thing- go on a low fat diet- Pritkin Modified or sumthin'.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 11:23:14 PM EDT
[#6]
[b]Attention.....[/b]

[url=http://www.adtdl.army.mil/cgi-bin/atdl.dll/fm/21-20/toc.htm]US Army PT Field Manual[/url]

[b]In cadence.....EXCERCISE......[/b]
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 5:30:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll have to go find it,
but you can look it up on the Internet,
its from one of the SEAL/BUDS sites...
I've had both knees rebuilt (1200+ jumps) and there is a heavy emphasis on swimming, whisch
is about the best PT there is for the whole
body...
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 5:44:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
OK, I'm fat.

I need to get some PT (can't run too much because of a knee injury)

Any suggestions????

View Quote

DROP and give me twenty Michelin Man! Oh! You think thats funny? Lets make it fifty. I thought it was funny too!

Hows that for a PT Guide?[:D]

Link Posted: 6/22/2002 5:58:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 7:27:45 AM EDT
[#10]
I have the same problem.  My left knee is shot due to a High School injury.  You can get an Airdyne by Schwinn.  Those work your upper body as well.  Check with your Doc you also need to change what you eat or all the exercise may not help.

More PT Sargeant more PT!
We like it we love it we want more of it!
Make it hurt Drill Sargeant make it hurt!
grunt grunt!!!
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 9:09:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Mr. Fudd is correct Gman, however if you insist on a military type workout guide try:

"Boot Camp" by Patrick "the Sarge" Avon and Maryann Karinch.  Simon & Schuster, 1998.  You can get it over the internet and still can find it in book stores.

It is a fitness and nutrition program with some Marine Corp type motivation.  The Sarge gives it to you straight about what you should be eating and what to stay away from.  He also lays out a good exercise program "If you are man enough to do it".

I'm too old and fat to do it but my 20 year old son used it with good success to get back into shape after his first two years of laying around in college.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top