Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/20/2002 3:02:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/20/2002 3:03:52 AM EDT by misterhemi]
Here I am at post 1000. I have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING OF SUBSTANCE TO SAY [:D] Many people make some special topic for post 1000 but yet.....NOTHING ! Alright, here is something substantial: [i]May everyone who reads this post have the best of luck (for you agnostics) or many blessings in your future. May you live a long, healthy and happy life. The best to you and yours. May our remaining rights remain and our other rights be restored![/i] O.K., there now how is that [:D]????
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 3:14:35 AM EDT
Hey - congratulations!!!! You COULD have used it to say something like "I'll be at the 2003 BRC" or something like that!! How's the Dart coming?
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 3:16:23 AM EDT
Congrats and thank you!
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 3:36:06 AM EDT
1000 posts is the mandatory Team AR15.com cutoff. You have to pay up now. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 5:16:39 AM EDT
Originally Posted By gus: Hey - congratulations!!!! You COULD have used it to say something like "I'll be at the 2003 BRC" or something like that!! How's the Dart coming?
View Quote
Thanks! I found a local place to do the chassis work. Now i'm going to build or get a new rear end. I [b]WAS[/b] trying to narrow a Dana-60 but that was just too much work!!!! I am considering a 9" Ford but that seems almost blasphemous or a NEW Dana-60 from Strange Engineering although i'm partial to Mark Williams. I want to get to roll cage (12pt), 4-link, tubs and differential finished soon. The engine will take some time but I expected that. Its going to be a blown (whipple supercharger) 588 Hemi (of course!) fueled by LPG or CNG. LPG = easy to find & 105 octane. CNG = easier to find, can refuel at home & 130 octane. They both use the same fuel-to-air ratio.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 5:18:12 AM EDT
Originally Posted By BenDover: 1000 posts is the mandatory Team AR15.com cutoff. You have to pay up now. [:D]
View Quote
LOL. I really do plan to do that soon [:D]
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 11:26:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/21/2002 11:31:25 AM EDT by gus]
Originally Posted By misterhemi: I am considering a 9" Ford but that seems almost blasphemous or a NEW Dana-60 from Strange Engineering although i'm partial to Mark Williams.
View Quote
I think the only down side about the MW 9" idea is cost. The Dana weighs a ton and will slow your car down. The 9" is plenty strong and has the additional advantage of being able to quickly change out pumpkins. My Challenger had an 8.75" (742) Mopar rear, but until I went to the 742 housing I always had trouble. The 742 is the only housing Strange makes the high nickle gears to fit, and I was stripping the pinion teeth off Richmond gears almost weekly. Nothing like grenading a rear axle in eliminations to make your day! It sounds like you are going to be making a lot more power than I ever did, so I think I'd opt for the 9".
Its going to be a blown (whipple supercharger) 588 Hemi (of course!) fueled by LPG or CNG. LPG = easy to find & 105 octane. CNG = easier to find, can refuel at home & 130 octane. They both use the same fuel-to-air ratio.
View Quote
Jeeeeezzzz! This is going to be a street car???? Here ricer ricer ricer.....(around here we used to say "Here Chevy Chevy Chevy..."[8D]). I used to totally hate anything non Mopar, but nowadays, if it has a big V8 and no stupid decals all over it, I generally like it! There are lots of advantages to gaseous fuels, distribution being a big one. When I looked into LPG as a way to avoid $4.00/gal for race fuel, there weren't any mixers (I think that's the right term) with enough flow capacity to support my engine. Since then I've read that situation has been rectified. What are you going to use? Even if it's race only, it sounds like it will be EVIL!!![:D] By all means, send along some pics!
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 11:39:31 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 11:43:22 AM EDT
Hey, I'll be there by this weekend. I sent in some fundage but am still waiting for my membership to be activated. Congrats!
Top Top