Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2002 3:29:29 PM EDT
GOING POSTAL?....[;)]..OK, OK, ...thats not the real thought just a goof.But I know of several situations where the guys you thought were on your side,were in reality,just the opposite.I'll give you a example...decades ago there was this after hours club run by a group who came to town,opened a few bars,made "friends" with the [i] FAST [/i] crowd,gathered all the info they could,then after about 3-5years running a shady/illegal operation then turned out to be the feds and busted all the others "Breaking the Law",like they did for years.[:|] ever think this might apply to some boards?
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 3:40:50 PM EDT
[#1]
A pawn shop opened up in my home town a few years back. Run by the scuzziest flea-bags you'd ever find.

Yep, Nebraska State Patrol sting operation. They pulled in an undercover officer from the other side of the state and our police chief was the only one in town in on the operation. My best friend was a patrol officer then and he and all the other cops were in "out-to-get-them" mode. They "knew" something was crooked about the operation but couldn't get anything on them.

The shop was going to stay open for only 3 months but was doing such a booming "buiness" in stolen goods they stayed open for 6 months.

When they finally closed up they put a big sign in the front window;

[list]You can some of the people some of the time, but we can fool all the people all the time. [/list]

[:D]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 5:02:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
ever think this might apply to some boards?
View Quote

You won't have to look very far...
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 5:05:10 PM EDT
[#3]
[peep]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top