Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/19/2002 6:21:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/19/2002 11:37:05 AM EDT by M1QJ]
A few years ago, those GENIUSES at Coca-cola decided to discontinue packaging my favorite soda, Cherry Coke, in 12 packs. Well, yesterday, I'm at the store grabbing some 4 packs (like 6 packs, but with only four), and the Coke guy is restocking the shelf, and says 'hey, we have that in 12 packs right here'. I look, and LO and BEHOLD!! 12 packs of CHERRY COKE!!! OMFG!!! I'm ecstatic!! FINALLY those bastards got it back the way it should be. Gee... can you tell I like Cherry Coke? Anyone else?
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 6:23:59 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 6:26:24 AM EDT
ahh.. c'mon man... lol That was just the high point of my day yesterday! But yeah, I am easy to please.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 6:35:14 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:25:23 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Duffy: hehe, it's a refreshing thing to see first thing in the morning (your post), I do think that simple things in life are under-valued and can improve our well being, things like (for me anyway) taking a pee after having to hold it in for hours, going back home everyday and enjoy the quiet and peace (not every household applies), hearing from old friends, loading mags, etc. [:)]
View Quote
Vanilla coke is next! UMMMM! Can't wait for that one either![:D]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:32:27 AM EDT
I love cherry coke! But the vanilla stuff must be an acquired taste. IMHO it tastes strange. Not bad, just.....weird.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:36:10 AM EDT
Mmmmmmmmm..........Cherry Coke. I'm with you all the way M1QJ! [beer]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:45:10 AM EDT
But have you tasted Dr.Pepper made with Imperial Pure Cane Sugar?? The best old recipe is being bottled again at one small Central Texas bottling plant. It's like name-dropping to say you have a few bottles. And it's like the old days of Coors being bootlegged across Texas.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:45:28 AM EDT
ditto what operatorerror said, i can drink vanilla coke, but it just tastes strange to me, i bought an 8 pk a month ago, and still have 6 of them.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:52:24 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Arock: But have you tasted Dr.Pepper made with Imperial Pure Cane Sugar?? The best old recipe is being bottled again at one small Central Texas bottling plant. It's like name-dropping to say you have a few bottles. And it's like the old days of Coors being bootlegged across Texas.
View Quote
Ahhh, Dr. Pepper from Dublin. My wife goes crazy for that stuff.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:59:14 AM EDT
Originally Posted By operatorerror: I love cherry coke! But the vanilla stuff must be an acquired taste. IMHO it tastes strange. Not bad, just.....weird.
View Quote
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........cherrrrrry coke. The SIG PIC just rocks! Can I use your old one? ppppppplease?
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 11:11:16 AM EDT
MMmmm......cherry coke...... Actually, my local store just started carrying the vanilla stuff, too. Got a pack to try it. MMMmmm....cherry coke.....mmmmmmmm......flavored soda goodness...
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 11:16:20 AM EDT
Originally Posted By M1QJ: A few years ago, those GENIUSES at Coca-cola decided to discontinue packaging my favorite sode, Cherry Coke, in 12 packs.
View Quote
I understand they did this so that the smaller, more efficient 4 packs would fit in the new little hybrid cars that are just so darn popular these days [:D] A 12 pack might fill all the available trunk space.......
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 11:22:59 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Boomholzer:
Originally Posted By operatorerror: I love cherry coke! But the vanilla stuff must be an acquired taste. IMHO it tastes strange. Not bad, just.....weird.
View Quote
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........cherrrrrry coke. The SIG PIC just rocks! Can I use your old one? ppppppplease?
View Quote
Of course.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 11:32:51 AM EDT
Originally Posted By SP10:
Originally Posted By M1QJ: A few years ago, those GENIUSES at Coca-cola decided to discontinue packaging my favorite sode, Cherry Coke, in 12 packs.
View Quote
I understand they did this so that the smaller, more efficient 4 packs would fit in the new little hybrid cars that are just so darn popular these days [:D] A 12 pack might fill all the available trunk space.......
View Quote
Hehehe.. yeah... a couple of those, and I needed a towtruck just to get out of the parking lot! hehehe
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 11:44:54 AM EDT
Cherry Coke is great. I think the vanilla stuff is freakin' nasty.
Top Top