Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2002 11:07:51 PM EDT
Anyone have any idea on what it costs to convert a electric range to gas? I have a gas washer/dryer/waterheater and want to move the gas line to the kitchen. I have a crawl space to there wont be much of a problem with access. Pretty much need a contractor to move the lines. Anyone do anything like this? Ballpark costs?
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 11:30:49 PM EDT
[#1]
just have to tie in at the washer/dryer and run a line to the kitchen, shouldnt cost much at all, depending how far it is, $100- $200
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 11:35:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Anyone have any idea on what it costs to convert a electric range to gas? I have a gas washer/dryer/waterheater and want to move the gas line to the kitchen. I have a crawl space to there wont be much of a problem with access. Pretty much need a contractor to move the lines. Anyone do anything like this? Ballpark costs?
View Quote

Cost me $75 when I had mine done.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 11:38:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks a lot. Did you guys use a contractor or did you do it yourselves? Any permits involved?
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 11:40:55 PM EDT
[#4]
You could do it yourself, It wouldnt cost more than $20, no permits involved.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 11:41:17 PM EDT
[#5]
We had this done when we bought our house.  I think it was 80 bucks to run the pipe and another 40 for the electrician to convert the 220v for the range to a 115v outlet for the gas stove.  Call a plumber to do the gas line, not a contractor. The oven is a separate unit and is still electric.  Gotta love cookin with gas. [:)]

We actually did the same thing in our laundry room a year later when we converted to a gas dryer.  Of course this was the year befor gas prices went all nutty last summer and we had a couple gas bills in the hundreds.  All back to its cheap normal self now though.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 11:42:49 PM EDT
[#6]
BTW, we did need to pull a permit, was pretty cheap though.  I also prefer to leave things that could blow up my house to professionals. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 11:46:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Had to get a permit.  Plumber got the permit and did the work for the $75.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 12:00:48 AM EDT
[#8]
deleted because I'm a moron. Maybe I shouldn't be working with explosives?
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 8:20:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Are you sure you want to??  Gas is projected to go way up in price over the next few years.  Existing fields in the US are getting tapped out, and new ones aren't keeping pace with demand.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top