Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 94
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:16:37 PM EDT
[#1]
If you don't mind me asking who are you going to work for?  If you don't want to say that is perfectly fine.  I'm cautious as well when it comes to posting my employer online.

I will say congrats and I hope you love the job as much as I love mine.   And hopefully they will let you have some days off to spend all that money you'll be making
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:30:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:39:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By mbpike:
If you don't mind me asking who are you going to work for?  If you don't want to say that is perfectly fine.  I'm cautious as well when it comes to posting my employer online.

I will say congrats and I hope you love the job as much as I love mine.   And hopefully they will let you have some days off to spend all that money you'll be making

PM sent
Link Posted: 5/2/2013 11:31:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: E-Mag] [#4]
Anyone have suggestions for jobs in the Minot area of ND? I have some family there and that would be nice. Or is it better just to go out there and apply once I have moved out to ND. I tried applying to some places without success about 6 mounts ago but I was living in MN at the time.

Link Posted: 5/3/2013 4:09:05 PM EDT
[#5]
they are getting ready to put in a timeclock here at pumpco.  time to find another job.  why the fuck would i stay around and get paid less tomorrow for the same job i am doing today?
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 7:42:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By wormgod:
they are getting ready to put in a timeclock here at pumpco.  time to find another job.  why the fuck would i stay around and get paid less tomorrow for the same job i am doing today?

Oh, but the time clock is wonderful, particularly when another crew takes it from the hotel and you can't punch in, so they assume you didn't work 17 hours that day even though you filled out a time sheet and faxed it to the appropriate person

Or if it's not there to punch out and they clock you out after 8 hours since you didn't use the time clock. This last pay period I was lucky and only short 17 hours. 40 seemed to be the average.

I'm sure I'll get it straightened out in the next 6 weeks though

Doing my time to get to the 6 month mark and I'm gone myself unless there's some drastic improvements pretty much immediately. No shit we lose 5 or more people every rotation home.
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 2:29:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Work in CA is slow.

Anyone hiring?
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 4:34:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By DuraToTheMax:

Work in CA is slow.

Anyone hiring?

What do you do?

Link Posted: 5/16/2013 6:31:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By DuraToTheMax:
Work in CA is slow.

Anyone hiring?

Companies up here are hit and miss right now but worth a shot if you're serious.  The bad part is we have slow periods too.  It looks like my 24 is going long, been off for about 35 hours.  That's unusual.  The super shitty part is they have a third party hauling cement for us right now.  Pisses me off but I guess we need to keep them happy too for the times we absolutely need them to run for us.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 6:45:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Any room for business development / sales / etc managers paying in the 6-figure range with bennies?
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 7:57:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I am on temp assignment in Texas from Canada. If you want to work, have a CDL, contact companies in Alice Texas.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 8:13:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Man things have been rough the past few months.  My directional crew just got released from our rig after working together for right at 2 years  (someone came in and undercut our prices).   So we have all be scattered to different rigs until we pick up some more work and can all get back together.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 8:24:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Rumors have it that natural gas prices are fixin' to go up some. That should rekindle a lot of NG drilling programs that have slowed since the market crashed.

As long as oil stays above $80 bbl, drilling should stay at least as good as it has been for several years.

There's a lot of land-work being done around the country...and folks don't spend money to run title on leases they are going to just let expire.

Link Posted: 5/16/2013 8:39:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thirstyswimmer] [#14]
Originally Posted By pcsutton:
Rumors have it that natural gas prices are fixin' to go up some. That should rekindle a lot of NG drilling programs that have slowed since the market crashed.

As long as oil stays above $80 bbl, drilling should stay at least as good as it has been for several years.

There's a lot of land-work being done around the country...and folks don't spend money to run title on leases they are going to just let expire.

Looks like I'll be getting a few more hours/week soon

Lately I've been a little to efficient at my time management.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 9:30:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I'd love love love for Arkansas to come back and get busy again.  Working 30 to 45 minutes from the house was titties!!!
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 4:25:53 PM EDT
[#16]
thank god pumpco decided to not go full retard.  get to keep my cushy spot on hydration for a while till the blender opens up again.  i put in an app with platinum energy anyway, they pay better.
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 4:36:38 PM EDT
[#17]

I'd love love love for Arkansas to come back and get busy again. Working 30 to 45 minutes from the house was titties!!!

I prefer working on the road. More deductions that way.
Link Posted: 5/22/2013 12:24:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/22/2013 4:22:08 PM EDT
[#19]
got an interview with platinum next monday.  we'll see what they have to offer.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 8:21:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Do you or have any of you worked for Halliburton in Brighton?
Link Posted: 5/31/2013 10:51:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By nightdh:
Do you or have any of you worked for Halliburton in Brighton?

I work for Big Red in Rock Springs.
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 6:26:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Remember not to bite any of the explosives!
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 8:24:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Or Meg the Dets.
Link Posted: 6/4/2013 11:37:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Employers Struggle To Fill Open Jobs In South Texas – Video

If there is one thing we can say without question, the Eagle Ford has created a job boom across South Texas. A recent UTSA study estimates the oil & gas industry supports over 116,000 jobs across a 20 county area impacted by the play. It’s great news, but it also means common positions that don’t ...

http://eaglefordshale.com/jobs-news/employers-struggle-to-fill-open-jobs-in-south-texas/?utm_source=EFS+Newsletter+Weekly&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=e2b9366efe-EFS_RSS_Weekly_EMAIL_*%7CRSSFEED%3ADATE%7C*&utm_term=0_c2842c38ae-e2b9366efe-407597297
Link Posted: 6/6/2013 5:00:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Two roughnecks from North Dakota were on a trip to South Texas to sign on with a new drilling contractor when they were pulled over by a State Trooper.

The trooper walked up and tapped on the driver-side window with his nightstick.

The roughneck rolled down the window and WHACK, the trooper smacked him in the head with his nightstick.

"What the heck was that for?" the roughneck asked.

"You're in Texas, " the trooper answered. "When we pull you over in Texas, you better have your license ready by the time we get to your car."

The trooper ran a check on the license and the roughneck was clean, so he gave him his license back.

The trooper then walked around to the passenger side and tapped on the window and the other roughneck rolled down the window and "WHACK", the trooper smacked him on the head with the nightstick.

"What'd you do that for?" the roughneck demanded.

"Making your wish come true," replied the trooper.

"Making WHAT wish come true?" the roughneck asked.

"I know you roughneck types," The trooper said.  "A hundred feet down the road, you would've turned to your buddy and said... "I wish that SOB would've tried that on me!"

Link Posted: 6/7/2013 12:33:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sweptvolume] [#26]
Employers Struggle To Fill Open Jobs In South Texas – Video
If there is one thing we can say without question, the Eagle Ford has created a job boom across South Texas. A recent UTSA study estimates the oil & gas industry supports over 116,000 jobs across a 20 county area impacted by the play. It’s great news, but it also means common positions that don’t ...

http://eaglefordshale.com/jobs-news/employers-struggle-to-fill-open-jobs-in-south-texas/?utm_source=EFS+Newsletter+Weekly&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=e2b9366efe-EFS_RSS_Weekly_EMAIL_*%7CRSSFEED%3ADATE%7C*&utm_term=0_c2842c38ae-e2b9366efe-407597297

I spent two days hitting up everything from El Campo to Floresville to Corpus and Victoria and everything in between.

Apparently they DON'T need people. Either that, or management forgot to tell the hiring folks that they need warm bodies.

ETA: Typed before reading. Nope, wasn't looking for work outside the oilfield.
Link Posted: 6/8/2013 6:11:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quite a shock the other day when I sat down in the CC for the first time in front of all the MWD shit.  Hopefully my brain can absorb what all those monitors and windows are telling me.
Link Posted: 6/8/2013 8:11:20 PM EDT
[#28]
I am finally back on the blender.  thank god for air conditioning.  anyone know if they are fracing anywhere near Houston TX?  I really want to move back there.
Link Posted: 6/8/2013 8:49:46 PM EDT
[#29]
I remember the first time I sat in front of the MWD stuff.....I was like LOLWUT.

Also we are having hole problems out here.  We were only 1000' from TD and we decided to get a new bit / motor / MWD just to speed things along.  We circulate to pull out of the hole and the well startsTrip out of the hole for new bit / motor / MWD since we are only 1000' from TD. Circulate for 3 hours, shut pumps off and the well starts to flow on us.  Circulate for a few hours longer and start to trip out. Get to 5,000' from being on surface and the well comes to life again.  Start circulating, then decide to push back to bottom so we can kill the well. Get about 2K from bottom and get stuck,  we loose all returns and are pretty much boned at this point. So now we are going to back out with the agitator that is down hole.  Trip out and lay down the agitator.  Trip in and screw back in and then wire line the MWD out of the hole.  Then side track it and re do the lateral.
Link Posted: 6/9/2013 12:20:18 AM EDT
[#30]

I remember the first time I sat in front of the MWD stuff.....I was like LOLWUT.

Also we are having hole problems out here.  We were only 1000' from TD and we decided to get a new bit / motor / MWD just to speed things along.  We circulate to pull out of the hole and the well startsTrip out of the hole for new bit / motor / MWD since we are only 1000' from TD. Circulate for 3 hours, shut pumps off and the well starts to flow on us.  Circulate for a few hours longer and start to trip out. Get to 5,000' from being on surface and the well comes to life again.  Start circulating, then decide to push back to bottom so we can kill the well. Get about 2K from bottom and get stuck,  we loose all returns and are pretty much boned at this point. So now we are going to back out with the agitator that is down hole.  Trip out and lay down the agitator.  Trip in and screw back in and then wire line the MWD out of the hole.  Then side track it and re do the lateral.

I have no clue what you just said but it sounds like it sucks.

Link Posted: 6/9/2013 1:17:35 AM EDT
[#31]

Sounds fun. We have lost 11k bbl OBM in a week and had to reduce weight. The cut in weight has cause the well to flow a few times under static conditions.
Link Posted: 6/9/2013 1:29:01 AM EDT
[#32]
That makes for a long hole and some easy money$$

Link Posted: 6/9/2013 1:34:50 AM EDT
[#33]
I came to ND to visit friends and shoot prairie dogs.....got a job as a mudlugger....They wanted a Geology degree and experience on spread sheets...WTF do I know about rocks and spread sheets is what a hooker does....but...I lived close by and they needed a body....so here I am a year later... it did take awhile to absorb all the computer shit.
Originally Posted By Shalashaska:
Quite a shock the other day when I sat down in the CC for the first time in front of all the MWD shit.  Hopefully my brain can absorb what all those monitors and windows are telling me.

Link Posted: 6/9/2013 2:05:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By mudlogger69:

Yeah it does.  But it's welcome.  They sat me at the house for 3 weeks before I came out for this job.   And with my Son's birthday in 2 weeks the longer I'm out here for this job the more likely I'll be home for his party.  So it all works out.
Link Posted: 6/9/2013 2:26:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pcsutton] [#35]

Yeah...if you're not the fucking operator or the drilling contractor.

Link Posted: 6/9/2013 3:38:59 AM EDT
[#36]

Yeah...if you're not the fucking operator or the drilling contractor.

+1

Sounds like something close to my worst nightmare.

Link Posted: 6/13/2013 4:20:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Oilfield Joke: A Wildcatter's Son

On the first day of school, the kindergarten teacher asked a little boy if he knew his numbers.

"Yes," he said. "My dad's a wildcatter and he taught me to how to work with numbers."

"That's good," said the teacher. "Let's see what you know... What comes after three?"

"Four," answered the little boy.

"What comes after six?"

"Seven."

"Your dad did a good job," said the teacher.  "Let's try one more... What comes after ten?"

Confidently, the little boy answered... "A jack, a queen and a king."

Link Posted: 6/13/2013 11:44:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Well after a long job I finally got off. Ended up being awake for 27 hours (with rig down, tools above rotary, and packing up to drive home). Got about half way home and finally started declining after a few songs from Frank Foster (roughneck turned country singer). Had to take an hour snoozer on the side if the interstate. Now I'm wide awake,rollin east bound and down,  ready to drink beer, and poke the ole lady.
Link Posted: 6/14/2013 12:45:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Well after a long job I finally got off. Ended up being awake for 27 hours (with rig down, tools above rotary, and packing up to drive home). Got about half way home and finally started declining after a few songs from Frank Foster (roughneck turned country singer). Had to take an hour snoozer on the side if the interstate. Now I'm wide awake,rollin east bound and down,  ready to drink beer, and poke the ole lady.

Fuckin a, i know the feeling except Ive got a 26 hour bus ride from Ohio to Texas tomorrow before my time off starts
Link Posted: 6/14/2013 7:15:49 AM EDT
[#40]
You boys drive safe and enjoy your days off!
Link Posted: 6/15/2013 3:47:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pcsutton] [#41]

Originally Posted By Gator96:

Well after a long job I finally got off. Ended up being awake for 27 hours (with rig down, tools above rotary, and packing up to drive home). Got about half way home and finally started declining after a few songs from Frank Foster (roughneck turned country singer). Had to take an hour snoozer on the side if the interstate. Now I'm wide awake,rollin east bound and down, ready to drink beer, and poke the ole lady.

Fuckin a, i know the feeling except Ive got a 26 hour bus ride from Ohio to Texas tomorrow before my time off starts

Bus ride?

Better you than me. Drink lots of Nyquill....it'll put you to sleep.

Take the Greyhound....it's a dog of a way to get around.

Y'all enjoy your time off!

Link Posted: 6/15/2013 3:52:45 PM EDT
[#42]
wOOt!! A new pay zone in the Eagle Ford....deeper....the Pearsall Shale. Multi -zone completions.

http://fuelfix.com/blog/2013/05/25/excitement-grows-for-another-south-texas-shale/
Link Posted: 6/15/2013 4:15:36 PM EDT
[#43]

Originally Posted By Gator96:
Well after a long job I finally got off. Ended up being awake for 27 hours (with rig down, tools above rotary, and packing up to drive home). Got about half way home and finally started declining after a few songs from Frank Foster (roughneck turned country singer). Had to take an hour snoozer on the side if the interstate. Now I'm wide awake,rollin east bound and down, ready to drink beer, and poke the ole lady.

Bus ride?

Better you than me. Drink lots of Nyquill....it'll put you to sleep.

Take the Greyhound....it's a dog of a way to get around.

Y'all enjoy your time off!

I wish I could have, I had to drive the damn thing home

Company bus and it had to go back to Texas, so me and another guy traded off every other tank. 23 hrs of OT to pilot that pig halfway across the country. Oh well, supposedly have a little extra time off this go around since our next job isn't going to be ready on time. I think some lake days are in my near future
Link Posted: 6/16/2013 11:07:56 PM EDT
[#44]
So I was be-bopping around Ingleside, TX today and saw these new offshore rigs being built. I had to go take a little closer look.

These were some seriously massive rigs!

Long live American Oil!!!  

Link Posted: 6/21/2013 5:12:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Only my second well.  We were just about finished with the curve (87 inc) when the BHA got stuck.  Tried for 2 days to get it out but ended up abandoning the well.  Cemented and tried to sidetrack but the cement was too soft.  Brought in a whipstock which got caught at about 3200ft.  Had to trip out, ream the whole, then sent the whipstock back in.  Had it set and started the sidetrack.  Slid all of about 32 feet when the mud motor quit.  Tripped out and replaced the motor.  Got about 200ft and the top drive broke.

We finally finished the curve today and will hopefully start the lateral Saturday night but damn, my first hell well came fast!
Link Posted: 6/21/2013 8:42:33 AM EDT
[#46]
lol it happens. My last well seemed boned from the start but we pulled through and got it knocked out fairly quick.  What part of the country you working in?
Link Posted: 6/21/2013 8:26:54 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm up in ND, just south of Stanley.  I felt bad for the rig crew, they were tripping every day for just over a week.
Link Posted: 6/21/2013 11:49:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Usually when my rig hands have to do shit like that I grab them a few packs of gatorade and buy or cook something for them. It does not have to be expensive. The guys love a big family sized lasagna and a box of cheese bread.

If you keep the hands fed and happy then they will go out of their way to make your life easier and help you any way they can.
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 6:53:16 AM EDT
[#49]
I always get the crews something, from case of cokes to hamburgers....it's not much be those guys can make my life real easy....and when things go bad, TOH for MWD, Gas Kick or what ever it helps moral......
Link Posted: 6/24/2013 8:07:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Yeah we brought them a bunch of pizza and pop.  Last night we actually had to trip out for MWD () so we brought them a bunch of wings from Hooters.
Page / 94
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top