Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/10/2011 7:05:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Fake chain email is fake.

QFT.  It would be nice if it were real.
Link Posted: 11/10/2011 7:09:01 AM EDT
[#2]
It's obvious she doesn't have a heart.  She probably also thinks that illegal aliens shouldn't get in state tuition.  Rick Perry would be appalled.
Link Posted: 11/10/2011 7:09:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Prob'ly a dupe.

This was written by a 21 yr old female who gets it. It's her future she’s worried about and this is how she feels about the social welfare big government state that she’s being forced to live in! These solutions are just common sense in her opinion.

This was in the Waco Tribune Herald, Waco , TX Nov 18, 2010

Put me in charge .

Put me in charge of food stamps. I'd get rid of Lone Star cards; no cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I'd do is to get women Norplant birth control implants or tubal ligations. Then, we'll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine and document all tattoos and piercings. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, smoke or get tats and piercings, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks?

You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your "home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the “common good..”

Before you write that I've violated someone's rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules.. Before you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin their "self esteem," consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.

If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.

AND While you are on Gov’t subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes that is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest. You will voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a Gov’t welfare check. If you want to vote, then get a job.

There is  hope for the new generation!

ARFCOMM! We need to find her! I am 21, I will marry her! She must reproduce with a like mind!
Link Posted: 11/10/2011 7:13:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why do so many people want to stop law-abiding citizens from voting?

Everyone that votes has a 'conflict of interests' since the job of the government is to do things for voters.....by that rationale, no one should be able to vote.

Voting was originally a "priviledge" insead of a "Right"... it needs to be returned to being a priviledge.

Originally it was a white male privilege - how far back are you really wanting to go?
That'd do.

IIRC the period of time when this country was well run and prosperous directly coincides with the period where white, male, land owners were in charge.

You see a similar phenomenon in Rhodesia and South Africa.

Wealth Rankings by GDP

#2 China

#3 Japan

#7 Brazil

#9 India

How do we explain those results under your Max Weber world?

Would you rather live in any of those countries, currently, or 18th century US?

I would find it easier to live in one of those countries than to live in a place where the ownership of people is allowed.

Link Posted: 11/10/2011 7:17:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Everyone that votes has a 'conflict of interests' since the job of the government is to do things for voters.....by that rationale, no one should be able to vote.

Voting was originally a "priviledge" insead of a "Right"... it needs to be returned to being a priviledge.

Originally it was a white male privilege - how far back are you really wanting to go?
That'd do.

IIRC the period of time when this country was well run and prosperous directly coincides with the period where white, male, land owners were in charge.

You see a similar phenomenon in Rhodesia and South Africa.

Overt racist is overtly racist.
Link Posted: 11/10/2011 7:21:48 AM EDT
[#6]
here's a good reply i got on my facebook page

the magical thing about republicans is that, against all evidence, they can convince themselves that their station in life is superior to others and earned by nothing but hard work and personal ingenuity. they won't admit that social conditions, structural prejudice, and bad laws play a part in who gets a job, who gets a house, and who gets health care; and they won't admit that they have any part to play in improving these conditions and laws for others.

at its worst, this becomes a kind of fascism: the mere suggestion that the poor might not deserve their poverty becomes a kind of personal insult, and violence is the response. how dare the less fortunate suggest that my property isn't fully my own, my family doesn't fully deserve its privilege, my employment isn't because i was the best possible candidate for the job? they should be sterilized, deprived of simple pleasures, forced to live in military barracks. because race is the thoughtless person's proxy for socioeconomic status, casual racism goes unchecked, and stereotypes about "22 inch rims" and "low profile tires" seem appropriate.

civil rights exist so that people like you can't make policy that destroys the bodies of others because you don't like their "blasting stereo" and existential "mistakes." civil rights: check them out, they're in the constitution.

or maybe you're just all hot and bothered by rick perry's stellar debate performance last night.
Link Posted: 11/10/2011 7:36:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Who wrote it? I probably know her.

That's why my Alma Mater is the best school. It's where the real conservatives go to learn.

Sic 'em!

ETA: But since it's a chain mail, I doubt that's real.
Link Posted: 11/10/2011 7:43:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

the magical thing about republicans is that, against all evidence, they can convince themselves that their station in life is superior to others and earned by nothing but hard work and personal ingenuity. they won't admit that social conditions, structural prejudice, and bad laws play a part in who gets a job, who gets a house, and who gets health care; and they won't admit that they have any part to play in improving these conditions and laws for others.

at its worst, this becomes a kind of fascism: the mere suggestion that the poor might not deserve their poverty becomes a kind of personal insult, and violence is the response. how dare the less fortunate suggest that my property isn't fully my own, my family doesn't fully deserve its privilege, my employment isn't because i was the best possible candidate for the job? they should be sterilized, deprived of simple pleasures, forced to live in military barracks. because race is the thoughtless person's proxy for socioeconomic status, casual racism goes unchecked, and stereotypes about "22 inch rims" and "low profile tires" seem appropriate.

civil rights exist so that people like you can't make policy that destroys the bodies of others because you don't like their "blasting stereo" and existential "mistakes." civil rights: check them out, they're in the constitution.

or maybe you're just all hot and bothered by rick perry's stellar debate performance last night.

I would respond with the following....

1.  She should sign over her paycheck, all of it, along with all bank/brokerage accounts and real estate so that a disadvantaged person has an equal outcome to her.  If she doesn't do this, she is worse than a republican because she knows better.

2.  Show us the institutional racism.  She can't––hasn't existed for 20 years (arguably longer).  We now have a "black" man in the highest office in this nation (most powerful man in the world)

3.  Explain why there are so many successful minorites when "structural prejudice" is keeping them down.  Is the structure failing or is this a false construct?

Link Posted: 11/10/2011 7:50:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would respond with the following....

1.  She should sign over her paycheck, all of it, along with all bank/brokerage accounts and real estate so that a disadvantaged person has an equal outcome to her.  If she doesn't do this, she is worse than a republican because she knows better.

2.  Show us the institutional racism.  She can't––hasn't existed for 20 years (arguably longer).  We now have a "black" man in the highest office in this nation (most powerful man in the world)

3.  Explain why there are so many successful minorites when "structural prejudice" is keeping them down.  Is the structure failing or is this a false construct?

thats funny you thought it was a girl.  its a guy i went to high school with.  he now resides at nyu
Link Posted: 11/10/2011 8:33:05 AM EDT
[#10]
WOW!  That is the most amazing thing I've read in a long time!

Sadly, the left would look at this a some sort of evil philosophy that is just "not fair" for everyone.  They don't care about personal responsibility...

This is pure awesome!
Link Posted: 11/10/2011 8:34:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Prob'ly a dupe.

This was written by a 21 yr old female who gets it. It's her future she’s worried about and this is how she feels about the social welfare big government state that she’s being forced to live in! These solutions are just common sense in her opinion.

This was in the Waco Tribune Herald, Waco , TX Nov 18, 2010

Put me in charge .

Put me in charge of food stamps. I'd get rid of Lone Star cards; no cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I'd do is to get women Norplant birth control implants or tubal ligations. Then, we'll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine and document all tattoos and piercings. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, smoke or get tats and piercings, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks?

You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your "home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the “common good..”

Before you write that I've violated someone's rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules.. Before you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin their "self esteem," consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.

If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.

AND While you are on Gov’t subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes that is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest. You will voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a Gov’t welfare check. If you want to vote, then get a job.

There is  hope for the new generation!

ARFCOMM! We need to find her! I am 21, I will marry her! She must reproduce with a like mind!

Link Posted: 11/10/2011 8:42:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Let's send her to the Republican debates!
Link Posted: 11/10/2011 8:46:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Sounds fishy.  I agree with the sentiments, I just find it hard to believe that a 21 year old girl wrote that without a lot of coaching from an old conservative standing next to her.

Sounds to be written by that same chain letter writer that attributes conservative stuff to liberal entertainers and the like. Same style of writing.
Link Posted: 11/10/2011 8:48:38 AM EDT
[#14]
I've seen the same letter in emails claimed to have been written by several different people...
Link Posted: 11/10/2011 8:50:49 AM EDT
[#15]
I like the last line about not being able to vote if you are on public assistance. But to carry it out to the logical end, those employed by the .gov or employed by public sector unions should also be excluded.
Link Posted: 11/10/2011 9:05:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's a crock.  Searching reveals it been circulating with various names attached, the most common seems to be an Alfred W. Evans from Gatesville.

It may be a crock, but it's  DOBA.

TXL
Link Posted: 11/10/2011 9:08:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:

How is it a conflict of interest for taxpayers to be getting what they paid for?

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy."
Alexis de Tocqueville  Democracy in America.

TXL
Link Posted: 11/10/2011 9:09:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I like the last line about not being able to vote if you are on public assistance. But to carry it out to the logical end, those employed by the .gov or employed by public sector unions should also be excluded.

We like to call that a Win-win.  

TXL

Link Posted: 11/10/2011 9:15:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Maybe there really is still hope!
Link Posted: 11/10/2011 9:16:55 AM EDT
[#20]

Pure poetry.
Link Posted: 11/10/2011 2:41:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That's why my Alma Mater is the best school. It's where the real conservatives go to learn.

Sic 'em!

Most Baylor guys I know are a bunch of limp wristed nancy boys.

Baylor girls on the other hand, well I'm dating one so let's just say I approve.
Link Posted: 11/10/2011 2:48:52 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sic 'em!

Baylor girls on the other hand, well I'm dating one so let's just say I approve.
I agree on both accounts.

All of the "bros" at Baylor are hardly men. However, they end up being successful by nepotism and having earned a degree from Baylor. I'm an exception, being an out-of-stater who went to Baylor on scholarship/military.

The women are looking to earn a degree in marriage and come from wealthy families.

For both though... deep conservatism and traditional Christians. It works out well.
Link Posted: 11/10/2011 2:51:48 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

It's a crock.  Searching reveals it been circulating with various names attached, the most common seems to be an Alfred W. Evans from Gatesville.

They always are. Every fucking time.

People, people, people...whatever comes in your email from your goofy aunt in Florida is bullshit.

Please stop posting it as if it's not.

NEWSFLASH TO THE MORONS STILL POSTING ABOUT A 21 YEAR OLD GIRL, THERE IS NO GIRL.

Link Posted: 11/10/2011 3:05:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Sic 'em!

I agree on both accounts.

All of the "bros" at Baylor are hardly men. However, they end up being successful by nepotism and having earned a degree from Baylor. I'm an exception, being an out-of-stater who went to Baylor on scholarship/military.

The women are looking to earn a degree in marriage and come from wealthy families.

For both though... deep conservatism and traditional Christians. It works out well.

I'm an Aggie in Waco, so I give the Baylor folks hell whenever I can. Great school though, most of my friends in town are Baylor students or graduates, they're all great people.
Link Posted: 11/10/2011 4:18:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Damn, make her Governor of Texas, let's see some shit get DONE...  

Hell no: make her POTUS

the left would dig up someone that she had sexually harassed

Link Posted: 11/10/2011 4:35:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I have to agree with this.  Social conditions, structural prejudice, and bad laws have made it possible for protected groups to play the "prejudice card" to get disproportionate access to jobs, health care, grants and loans, etc.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top