Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2002 7:37:51 PM EDT
Can anyone give me any feedback about Shelter home owners insurance? Farmers insurance has raised our premium 113% !!! This is after insuring our home(two different homes over the years) and cars for twenty years. In that time we had only one claim -- a new roof following a hailstorm in 2000. Apparently, they are increasing rates dramatically in some areas. I can't get a satisfactory reason from our agent for that dramatic of an increase. We have a good credit rating and have had one claim in twenty years, live in an eight year-old house in a low-crime area, have an alarm and smoke detector with central monitoring, a fire hydrant in the front yard and can see the firestation from the back yard!!

State Farm won't even consider anyone with ANY claim in the last three years. Shelter  was the only well known company with a decent estimate. I have done several searches on the internet but have not found any sites that seem to have consumer feedback info. Hope you folks can help!

Thanks in advance!

docmac86
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 10:45:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I had Shelter for years while I was married. I would suggest them highly!!! Never had a single problem with them. Besides, State Farm is anti-gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top