Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2002 10:04:42 AM EDT
I know this is an arms forum, but I'm going to list some radio talk-show hosts that are *hopefully* national. All of these hosts (and Im sure I forgot some) are REAL Americans who have COMMON SENSE (which is uncommon)...If you have never heard of anyone on the list, DO YOURSELF A FAVOR and find-out which station in your area has their show. You will not regret it. In general, they dont usually talk about gun control. but you just KNOW what their views are =) I get all of these people here in Minneapolis..."KSTP 1500 AM" or "1280 AM - The PATRIOT"

MICHAEL SAVAGE... "Savage Nation"...THE VERY BEST SHOW. PERIOD. If you haven't heard this guy talk, you are in for an awesome surprise.

RUSH LIMBAUGH...Conservative, I THINK. Has said a few things which might make me think he is a tool for disinformation at times. But still good.

LAURA INGRAHAM...a BABE=)

MICHAEL MEDVED, excellent conservative debater. Will actually poke jabs at liberals who call =)

JOE SOUCHERAY..."Garage Logic"...Usually funny, A semi-national show out of Minneapolis...Their conservatism may be a gimmick, but what they say is what is heard.

MIKE GALLEGHER...Very uncooth, but smart.

OLLIE NORTH...A TRUE American =)

DENNIS PRAGER...Incredibly wise. I would have learned more in school if I had a teacher like this!!!

G GORDON LIDDY...Slowing down?

Im sure I forgot a few. Most of these people are from the SALEM BROADCASTING network. Please post any additions to this list and/or where you can hear them.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 10:54:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Savage . . . a retarded savage.  Couldn't argue his way out of a paper bag.  Just abuses callers he disagrees with, and whines his way through his show.

Medved . . . an apologist for every unamerican activity a Republican ever commits.  Refuses to listen to any reasoned debate about Israel.

Liddy . . . used to be good, but was fumbling at least three years ago, and probably much longer.  His syndication empire has shrunk so much that I haven't been able to find him since then.

Limbaugh . . . other than being an antigun pig who is playing gun owners to keep their votes, he's ok.  Just dull, repetitive, and talks too much about Golf.

John Carlson . . . ah, now THERE'S a good talk-radio host.  Too bad you have to live in Seattle to hear him. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 12:49:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 12:51:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 4:08:57 PM EDT
[#4]
What, no Sean Hannity?

Even though Dave Ross is "sort of" a liberal, I find his chip talk and his 60 second that are nationaly syndicated to be funny.

Link Posted: 6/16/2002 4:21:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 4:22:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 4:25:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Limbaugh . . . other than being an antigun pig who is playing gun owners to keep their votes, he's ok.  Just dull, repetitive, and talks too much about Golf.
quote]

Achmed put down the crack pipe that crap is rotting your brain!!!!
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 4:28:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 4:37:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Let's not forget the guy its hard to dislike. Neil Boortz...my personal favorite. At home on WSB in Atlanta, GA and in limited syndication across U.S.
View Quote

You can't beat Neal Boortz...

...the man who called Senator Bob Barr (R, GA) an "ignorant slut" in a debate over medicinal usage of marijuana...

That man is a trip...

the_reject
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 4:49:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Mark Davis, 9 to noon on WBAP in Dallas during the week and a nation wide show on Sunday.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 5:54:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Ok I'm coming out of right field with a guy you've never heard before.  Even most folks in Dallas have never heard of Herman Bockelman.  He's got a show from 6-10 on Friday nights on 770AM KAAM in Dallas.  Herr Bockelman calls it "fun radio" and it's just that.  He's a Kraut and he lays it on thick.  European music, sage conservative commentary and a hilarious delivery.  Once used to his accent you understand the guy is funny and smart.  Really funny to listen to.  Don't know how you'd ever hear him unless you live here but his irreverent humor puts fun back into conservative talk radio where its been missing for awhile.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 6:01:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I like Art Bell.

Phil Henry used to be cool until I found out it was fake.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 6:03:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Art Bell

[url]http://www.artbell.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 6:03:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 6:46:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I dig Howard Stern. I know a lot of people don't like him, but he does bash Rosie and a whole other host of liberal assclowns. He's always got nasty women on the show. And I like to listen to how people react to his antics. It sort of appeals to the voyeurism streak in me.

Link Posted: 6/16/2002 6:48:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah I remember Art being quite critical of Klinton and the other anti's even after Columbine and would stand his ground when confronted by irate callers, which mildly impressed me since his career isn't built on this subject at all.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 7:11:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Art wants to nuke the terrorists...
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 7:12:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 7:17:23 PM EDT
[#19]
I like Ollie North and Medved..  Savage is OK but a bit too obnoxious and egotistical for my taste..
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 7:22:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Most pro-gun talk show host in the country is Ron Smith, 3PM-6PM Monday-Friday on WBAL (Baltimore), [url]www.wbal.com[/url].  You can listen to him live on their web site, and he also has a site there with high-lighted articles and his own daily commentaries.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 9:09:48 PM EDT
[#21]
The first time I heard Phil Hendry, I wondered who was doing the voices for his "guests", since they all sounded like the same person.  After a flubbed switch between "guest" and Phil, I listened closer and realized Phil was the one doing all of the voices.  It took all of 20 minutes to figure that one out.

Usually he's a hoot.  I especially liked the routine where he claimed he was going to shoot himself in the butt with a .22 or a .25 before New Year so he could experience first hand the pain of being shot so he could convince folks not to go shooting guns up in the air on New Years Eve.

Phil: "I figure I'll just clench my butt cheeks up rear tight so the bullet won't go in too far..."

ROTFLMAO

Savage is a rude idiot.

Rush is the King.  All the others are there because he made it possible for them to have a job.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 6:37:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top