Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2002 5:43:16 AM EDT
Travelers on large privately chartered jets would have to go through the same security screening as other airline passengers under a rule proposed by the Transportation Security Administration.
View Quote

Crank up the police state another notch.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 11:22:07 AM EDT
[#1]
No, it makes sense.  At first I thought it was gestapo-like, but after a while, I decided they're right.

They aren't talking about doing screening on people who charter a 6-passenger Cessna for a glacier tour in Alaska;  they want to screen large tour groups that charter something like a 727 or 737, or maybe (probably) down into the larger bizjets.

So, let's say your a pilot, and your charter company gets a call from Suleiman al Hassan, wanting you to fly him and his corporate executives from NYC to LA for an important meeting.  They board, you take off, and at 30,000 feet, suddenly your passengers break into the cockpit, slit your throat, and fly the plane into a building.  Oops.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 2:56:31 PM EDT
[#2]
"They've" been reading "The Lion's Game".
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 5:27:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm still waiting to hear what the gubment is going to do to stop terrorists from having themselves "Air Overnighted" aboard Fed-Ex planes. With pressurized cargo compartments and no pesky passengers, flight attendants or air marshalls to stop them, this sounds like a terrorist's wet dream...
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 6:01:18 PM EDT
[#4]
voilently shake and play "Kick the box"
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 6:57:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
voilently shake and play "Kick the box"
View Quote

They already do that, though!

ESPECIALLY with boxes marked "Fragile"...

At least, that's been my experience [:D]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top