Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2002 8:17:39 PM EDT
0930 EDT Speed Channel.  Two Georgia teams have a decent chance of winning.  The Panoz/Ford team from Braselton/Road Atlanta and the Downing Racing Mazda.  The little Mazda prototype may not be the fastest, but that rotary just humms along and with attrition, who knows.  Am set up to record part of it to VCR and part onto the hard drive on my Dish Network reciever.  Can't wait.  This race is the only decent thing France has to offer and not because it's French, just historic.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 8:38:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll have it on in the background while doing chores tomorrow.  As for France, I did see the F1 at Magny Cour there.  Much different than watching racing in the U.S.  Very formal, only a couple places to purchase things.  Their butter is better than ours as well.  I guess that's about it for plusses for France.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 8:54:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Right on! Thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 9:10:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Have to agree on the French being a hypocritical pain in the world's ass. They do however, have wine, cheese, women's legs and faces, down to a science.Second ONLY to the Italiens. Their beaches are the best as well.   Le Mans is the greatest man/machine event on earth...PERIOD. Camp Perry with one Rifle, 3 shooters, and CONSTANT fire, might compare.    Thanks for the heads up LARRG, I hope Don's team gets some luck. The Audi steamroller looks unstoppable though. See ya in DC?? Dave
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 5:48:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Is there a live feed we can tap??
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 7:04:55 AM EDT
[#5]
It is live now on SPEED Channel (11:00 Eastern) or you can go to www.LeMans.Org for "Radio Le Mans" or the Maison Blanche.uk site.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 7:10:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Have to agree on the French being a hypocritical pain in the world's ass. They do however, have wine, cheese, women's legs and faces, down to a science.Second ONLY to the Italiens. Their beaches are the best as well.   Le Mans is the greatest man/machine event on earth...PERIOD. Camp Perry with one Rifle, 3 shooters, and CONSTANT fire, might compare.    Thanks for the heads up LARRG, I hope Don's team gets some luck. The Audi steamroller looks unstoppable though. See ya in DC?? Dave
View Quote
For the Million Gun March or the ALMS race?  Are you a course marshal?
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 7:11:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I have it on as well, LeMans is THE race in the world, wouldn't miss it for the world!
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 1:35:01 PM EDT
[#8]
The Audi steamroller continues on.

R8Rs went 1,2,3. The Bentley- also a division of Volkswagon and using the same engine as the Audi- finished 4th.

The Panoz's were withdrawn en mass at the 16 hour mark. By then the number 11 had already spent over 4 hours either in the garage or in the pits being worked on. The number 12 Panoz suffered from overheating starting early in the race and finally cooked its motor.

The only real challenge to the Audis came from the little Lola-MG's. Sadly the little four cylinder cars began to have problems during the night. The #30 with its all American driving crew expired about 2AM when it caught fire and burned to the ground. Two hours later, the #26 car lying fourth over all, and which had been as high as 3rd, broke its gearbox coming on to the pit strait and came to rest just past the pit out. The #27 MG had been plagued by turbo boost problems since the start of the race, but it lasted the longest till 6:30 AM when it exploded on the Mulsanne between the two chicanes.

The Corvette team steamrollered their class too, finishing 1 and 2 ahead of a pair of privateer Vipers. They had a big scare on Saturday though from the lone Ferrari 550 Maranello entered by the Procar team from the UK. The Ferrari was never less than 3 seconds a lap faster than the Corvettes, it started on the poll in class and led going away for the first 12 hours of the race. Just a few minutes passed half way the Ferrari caught fire on the back part of the course and the driver took it into the sand traps at Indianapolis. The car was completly gutted. It was enjoying a two lap lead over the nearest Vette at the time of its demise.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top