Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2002 4:21:22 PM EDT
Does THAT hurt?
HELL, YES, THAT HURTS!

The toothache is more than a 'high spot' that needed adjustment.
It's an abcessed tooth.
Great.
I got the adjustment and some antibiotics for the weekend.
Next week I get to go to the endodontist to begin 'root canal therapy'.
Therapy?

I'll trade Computer Guy my root canal for his stuffy nose.  ANYday. [;D]

Happy Father's Day!
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 4:34:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 4:40:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Just remember to take those antibiotics 'til they're gone. . .
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 4:49:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, but I bet I'll still have this $*&$*(@(*$&#*(%$&*(#&$()*%@#&$()*@&)*(#&)(&%#()*%&#()*&%ing stuffy nose, when your tooth ache goes away...

:-/

BTW, Last visit to my dentist, they were filling some naturally occuring cracks in the back of my two front teeth.. After they have me two shots to numb me up, it still hurt a bunch, and they were like WTF. So, I suffured through the drilling, and after that they took some xrays of my teeth.

It appears that within the next few years, I'm going to have to have, 6 count them, 6 root canals. The xrays looked like I have a "tooth growning inside of another tooth". I wish I had a copy of them on CD so I could show you guys..
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 4:57:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 5:14:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey Mike! Dentists are for sissy boys!

I did 4 root canals by MYSELF! I used a Dremel and an old Black & Decker with some worn out bits. Then I ate a coffee can full of used spark plugs. Can and all!.......Pansy!
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 5:16:53 PM EDT
[#6]
BusMaster007;

It is now possible in most major cities to select a dentist that is board certified in dental anesthesiology.

My dentist has an advanced, ultra-compact, hospital grade patient monitoring and anesthesia equipment that gives the benefit of light to moderate levels of sedation, or the illusion of being asleep..

What this means is that no-one need fear dental proceedures any longer.

There is no way I'd have 6 count them, 6 root canals done w/o dental anesthesia.

BusMaster007, take the time to find a dentist that has a Dental Anesthesia/Sedation Certification.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 5:21:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 5:26:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been nursing a toothache for months now! I can't make myself go to the dentist to get raped! Chewing asprin is working for the time being..A bottle of 500 cost 89 cents as opposed to a figure approaching the national dept that the dentist will charge me to do whatever. You know the price of that filling material is astronomically expensive!!!!!(probably the same as the bottle of asprin!!)
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 5:31:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 5:32:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
BusMaster007;

BusMaster007, take the time to find a dentist that has a Dental Anesthesia/Sedation Certification.
View Quote

I thought those high sedation dentists only took on female patients with big breasts.[:D]
They take guys too?  Well, to each his own![:)]
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 5:38:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I thought those high sedation dentists only took on female patients with big breasts.[:D]
They take guys too?  Well, to each his own![:)]
View Quote
You know, [B]PAIN [/B]has a way of running all thoughts of sex out of the mind.
Or it should.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 5:56:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I must admit tooth pain is definately the worst everyday pain you can have.  You actually look forward to falling asleep at night as that may be the only time you're not much thinking about the pain.

I always take a Tylenol before I go to the dentist, even for cleanings.[:D]
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 6:23:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
don't feel bad dude. I put off my 3 root canals and crowns for over a year. Finally got to the point i couldn't take it anymore. I should have had it done much sooner.
mike
View Quote

I did the same dumb shit until 3 weeks ago....I had 3 lost fillings, and the pain grew unbearable...

I got one HIGHLY recommended from a co worker, and she is AWESOME!!!  Has some new fangled contraption that administers something painlessly, and then everything else is painless too. And none of that old fashioned jaw swollen and numb all nite. Dentistry has come a LONG way since the 60's and my dentist is GREAT!  

[b]AND SHE IS PRO GUN.....[/b]
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 6:26:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
. . . Dentistry has come a LONG way since the 60's and my dentist is GREAT!  

[b]AND SHE IS PRO GUN.....[/b]
View Quote

What, "biting the bullet" isn't the standard of care anymore?  Guess that this generation will avoid the lead poisoning that used to be associated with major procedures. . .
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 8:46:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've been nursing a toothache for months now! I can't make myself go to the dentist to get raped! Chewing asprin is working for the time being..A bottle of 500 cost 89 cents as opposed to a figure approaching the national dept that the dentist will charge me to do whatever.
View Quote

If you're really CHEWING on the aspirin, it's probably doing more damage to your teeth.  Aspirin is acidic, and will eat tooth enamel.

But dentures are probably cheaper than maintenance anyway, in the long run. [gummysmiley]
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 9:15:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just remember to take those antibiotics 'til they're gone. . .
View Quote

Yep.  That's what I'm doin'.
I had nothing but routine cleanings for 8-9 years, then, 3 root canals in 1 year.  Geez.
Now, this one.
I know the feeling of just being ready to go get the pliers and do it myself.
It's a hideous pain I [b]would[/b] wish on my worst enemy!
"May the pain of a thousand root canals befall you and your family of 3rd world infidels!" [;D]
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 5:47:17 AM EDT
[#17]
So it's Sunday before the BRC and I got a twinge in a tooth.  Couple of hours later I KNOW something's wrong.  Called my dentist and got some amoxycillin and pain meds and wait till Tuesday (Memorial Day got in there).  Sure enough it was an abcess.  Explain to my dentist that I AM GOING TO THE BRC and he needs for get me an endodontist RIGHT NOW!  He does.  On three hours notice I got a young endo that was so good I never felt one bit of discomfort.  Just make sure the gas is turned up and you will not mind!!  Enjoy!

[xx(]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top