Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2002 9:08:17 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 9:16:08 AM EDT
[#1]
we are headed to Florida for a Disney vacation late this summer. i [b]KNOW[/b] for a fact that CruiseAmerica is not a choice for an RV rental. i have told my friends, shooting buddies, range club members and family about them.

and better yet, ive told CruiseAmerica about my feelings and what i've done about it. like i said in another post: [b]BOYCOTT ![/b]
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 9:51:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Just for sh*ts and giggles, why doesn't someone call three of Cruise America's competitors, and ask them this question:

Can I use your RV to transport NFA machineguns and ammunition across state lines, to a legal shooting event in another state?

Just curious whether the policy would be any different...
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 11:34:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 11:45:08 AM EDT
[#4]
hum...i wonder if i should take this to marvin zinler at ABC 13 news.  he is always looking to correct things where people have been wronged.  tell you what, if you guys e-mail me the entire story i will send it to him.  or you can attempt to check it out at their website [url]www.abc13.com[/url]  i dont know if it has the info about it on the web site or not.  but if we could get tevilvised bad PR for them, maybe they would listen to us a little closer!
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 2:36:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Definitely time for a follow-up email.

Ed, please let me know how your patients react, when you advise them of the abuses committed by CruiseAmerica.
I'd be interested to know if you get a rise out of them.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 3:12:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'd be interested to know if you get a rise out of them.
View Quote

That's a stiff joke.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 3:13:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I also got the same BS e-mail back.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 3:24:56 PM EDT
[#8]
When I e-mailed them I said if an insulting form letter was the best they could do, not to bother.  They didn't.  I take that to mean they are going to ignore the situation.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 3:27:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
hum...i wonder if i should take this to marvin zinler at ABC 13 news.  he is always looking to correct things where people have been wronged.  tell you what, if you guys e-mail me the entire story i will send it to him.  or you can attempt to check it out at their website [url]www.abc13.com[/url]  i dont know if it has the info about it on the web site or not.  but if we could get tevilvised bad PR for them, maybe they would listen to us a little closer!
View Quote

Zindler won't take it.  It's not a local story, plus it's gun related, which the network tries to avoid.  For those that don't know, Marvin Zindler is the basis for the character in "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas" that gets the place shut down, as he's the one who did get it shut down in real life.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 4:52:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 5:11:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Zindler won't take it.  It's not a local story, plus it's gun related, which the network tries to avoid

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
View Quote

Maybe some of the boys from Mesa, Pheonix, Casa Grande, etc. could talk to the local stations in that area?
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 1:49:01 AM EDT
[#12]
I'd like to share my love for the people who take the time to write these bastards!  Onward Arfkom Army.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 7:59:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Marvin is already aware of this, I work at Ch13, but, if you watch us enough, you'll see the station is very anti, because it's an O&O of Disney. I'm trying to get Wayne Dolcefino to take it on.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 9:56:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Marvin is already aware of this, I work at Ch13, but, if you watch us enough, you'll see the station is very anti, because it's an O&O of Disney. I'm trying to get Wayne Dolcefino to take it on.
View Quote

Damn, is there ANYWHERE we dont work?  
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 10:11:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 6:49:32 PM EDT
[#16]
I find myself reeling with joy at the way this family of AR15.com reacts and responds to situations of this nature. We are indeed fundamentally firearms afficionado's. [b]Thanks[/b] to all for giving up their time to help us with this cause!!!

A special [beer] to Ed Sr.   You The Man!!!

Link Posted: 6/15/2002 8:29:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 11:30:32 PM EDT
[#18]
FYI :  [url]www.nralive.com/index2.cfm[/url]

Contact The NRA.

^[size=1]
[url]www.cures-not-wars.org/[/url] Truth Will Liberate Earth.
[url]www.RKBA.org/antis/hci-master[/url]Allege 1993 feinstein/hci master plan
PRETEXT for TOTAL Gun Confiscation Dis-Armament.
[url]http://www.DigitalAngel.net/[/url]Revelation 13:18  ID-GPS-MONEY Implant Micro-chip

Never Again, Never Forget
Seek the Truth , Liberate Your Mind
We Are At WAR
[/size=1]
FIXED BAYONETS

VX
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 7:44:03 PM EDT
[#19]
email sent!

We are bad! We are nationwide!

docmac86
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 5:31:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 6:24:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Does CruiseAmerica have a parent company or subsidiary company? Like Avis care rental or other that could be boycotted also?

SSD
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 7:11:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Does CruiseAmerica have a parent company or subsidiary company? Like Avis care rental or other that could be boycotted also?

SSD
View Quote

Oh, I like the way you think, SSD...

For anyone who rents an RV from another company, it might be a significant blow to mail CrassAmerica the receipt showing how much you spent after you return it, with credit card information redacted, to let them know exactly how much money their idiotic policies have cost the bottom line. Money talks, after all.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 10:36:37 AM EDT
[#23]
I will be renting a motorhome this November for my annual elk hunt in Colorado.  I have e-mailed Cruise America and informed them that since I will be carrying weapons with me, and because of the way they have treated my friends, I WILL NOT even consider renting from them.  This includes my family trip to the Grand Canyon next summer as well.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 1:39:55 PM EDT
[#24]
I've got some friends that rented RV's from CruiseAmerica several times a year to go to various NASCAR races, I told them about the CavArms incident and not only have they stopped renting from them but they emailed CruiseAmerica and told them why. Only one of these guys is a shooter but the rest also thought it was a bullsh*t way to conduct business, so maybe with some emails from non-shooters also they'll start taking this incident a little more seriously. If I can I'll see about getting them to email their receipts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top