BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 8:18:48 PM EDT
[#1]
2 pwnt

Where's the AAR?

I've eaten about 87 Baconators since the switch, they fuckin rock.

Link Posted: 10/22/2011 8:29:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ordered a combo at the drive through yesterday for lunch, but I still don't know what they taste like because the Mexicans working there apparently think the word plain means without meat.  I've talked to the manager there more than once about burgers that didn't come with meat, but he is no help because he doesn't speak Spanish and his employees don't speak English.z

Yup, you are so much smarter than them, and yet you can't learn two or three spanish words.

Oh come on.  Why the fuck _do_ they put people who can barely speak English (or are barely functioning retards) on the window in order-taking capacity?  It's god damn annoying.

I only ever hear about this problem on arfcom.  But it is a bit funny that someone tries to present people as stupid when clearly the ignorance was a two-way street.

Does someone really need to make the "we live in a primarily English-speaking country" argument..?

Beats me.  I've ordered fast food in dozens of countries without having half the drama I read about here.  Some people seem to always be surrounded by idiots.
I've ordered burgers in almost a dozen countries and I have to say that the U.S. drive thru workers have more problems as compared to anywhere I have been.  Hell, Qatar had someone standing out next to the menu instead of a walkie talkie machine that spoke better english than me!

Link Posted: 10/22/2011 9:42:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ordered a combo at the drive through yesterday for lunch, but I still don't know what they taste like because the Mexicans working there apparently think the word plain means without meat.  I've talked to the manager there more than once about burgers that didn't come with meat, but he is no help because he doesn't speak Spanish and his employees don't speak English.z

Yup, you are so much smarter than them, and yet you can't learn two or three spanish words.

[Saml Jackson voice]  English, motherfucker! Do you speak it?  [/Saml Jackson voice]

Link Posted: 10/22/2011 9:50:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can't be serious? No meat? That's an act of war right there.

Agreed that is some drive back, park the car and walk inside to fire the soda and bag of non meat product at the wall
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 12:49:56 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wendy's chili is pretty fucking good too, for fast food chili.  

i will tell you this......you don't want to know how it is made........

You mean that the meat comes from left-over burgers from the day before?  

and the burgers that got burned to shit or dropped on the ground.

Worked at Wendy's for 3 months while in high school.  Every cooked burger not served to a customer went into the chili meat pan.  Including fuck ups where someone wanted it made a different way or some moron who dropped it on the floor while moving to the prep area.  I had to keep a minimum amount of meat on the grill which varied depending on the time of day and most of my larger patties for singles, doubles and triples would just end up extra crispy and in the chili pan.  We would boil it the next morning to get condiments off and to "decontaminate" it.

Late night tip:

Order something like a double/triple right before closing and don't be surprised if that meat came from the chili meat pan with a quick stop at the fryer.  

Still will eat at Wendy's during the day for lunch because they have the best burgers for a national chain.  Will not eat a Frosty under any circumstance
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 12:56:06 AM EDT
[#6]
And we should learn Spanish, Why?

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/23/2011 1:23:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Definitely an improvement, but wish the pickles weren't so sweet.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 2:03:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I thought it was most excellent.
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 2:37:24 AM EDT
[#9]
I feel sorry for you guys that don't have Whataburger. Everything else is just a substitute.
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 3:14:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Now, I have yet to see any ads or anything for this so I don't know what they're claiming, but...

If it's a burger, actually made of meat, and cooked, should it not already be hot and juicy?

This is why I hate fast food... Their ad campaigns consist of telling you "it tastes just like the real thing!". Shouldn't that alarm some people?
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 3:17:08 AM EDT
[#11]
I guess the OP liked it so much, he decided to bang his assistant instead of providing an AAR.
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 3:40:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Bought a Baconator double and large fry yesterday. Good burger, probably thicker than the old one. Was shocked at the $9.00 price though.

Link Posted: 10/23/2011 3:43:55 AM EDT
[#13]
There was nothing wrong with the old Wendy's burger.
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 4:00:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Old burger was way better and easier to afford.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 4:21:53 AM EDT
[#15]
do you guys eat dog shit daily or what? between this thread and the various five guys thread I'm convinced none of you know what food actually tastes like.

I had one of those wendys burgers last week. you know what? its exactly the same as the old wendy's burger except for the pickle and onions used.

i bet you all like Cracker Barrel too don't you?
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 5:04:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Motherfuckers best not fuck with the meat!
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 5:14:51 AM EDT
[#17]
First I've heard, will have to give it a try. Love their new fries, but have never liked their burgers. Won't take much to improve them.
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 5:17:59 AM EDT
[#18]
great hamburger.................but I could do without the sea salt on my fries.................they taste kinda bland
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 6:15:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
And we should learn Spanish, Why?
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not?

But that's not what I said.  I simply pointed out the irony of the guy complaining the workers could not speak his language, when clearly the inability to communicate was in both directions - be it by pantomime, finger pointing, advanced grunting, whatever.
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 6:20:51 AM EDT
[#20]
This thread is apparently now about how smart Mexicans and people who use drive through are!
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 6:22:16 AM EDT
[#21]
In a world where big macs and whoppers are the size of a small cheeseburger wendys is king.
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 6:28:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh come on. Why the fuck _do_ they put people who can barely speak English (or are barely functioning retards) on the window in order-taking capacity?  It's god damn annoying.

Probably because there aren't that many whites/blacks who can speak and understrand english who will work there w/o being paid what they think they are worth which is 2-3 times what reality dictates.
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 6:29:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where did he say that he was smarter than them?

Aside from that, it seems like the "plain" burger crowd are actually looking for a fight.  I formerly worked with a dude who was a "plain" burger guy.  He would invariably order a "plain" burger, and almost always it would not be what he wanted, because the person would define "plain" differently.  We traveled for work, so we were in fast-food joints way too much, and I saw this unfold time and time again.  After a while, I would encourage him to explain what he meant by "plain."  He would always refuse–– "Plain means plain."  Then he would be pissed when it wasn't correct to his definition of plain.  After a while, I concluded that he didn't really want a plain burger, he just liked being mad.

Since then, I've encountered a few more plain burgermeisters.  The 'refusal to define' and 'looking for a excuse to be mad' seem to be common threads.
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 6:30:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Some kid that works at the one by my house threw some beans in their chili pot.
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 6:41:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aside from that, it seems like the "plain" burger crowd are actually looking for a fight.  I formerly worked with a dude who was a "plain" burger guy.  He would invariably order a "plain" burger, and almost always it would not be what he wanted, because the person would define "plain" differently.  We traveled for work, so we were in fast-food joints way too much, and I saw this unfold time and time again.  After a while, I would encourage him to explain what he meant by "plain."  He would always refuse–– "Plain means plain."  Then he would be pissed when it wasn't correct to his definition of plain.  After a while, I concluded that he didn't really want a plain burger, he just liked being mad.

Since then, I've encountered a few more plain burgermeisters.  The 'refusal to define' and 'looking for a excuse to be mad' seem to be common threads.

It was heavily implied, and the rest of your answer pretty much covers it.  The inability to explain you want a burger patty with no toppings has less to do with language, and more to do with attitude. The Mexican angle was just an appeal to the crowd here.  They could have just as easily been black, asian, hipsters, emo kids, yuppies, or some other generic category used to constitute them as an "other" that is foreign to the walking embodiments of true manhood and Americanism that post on arfcom.
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 6:51:27 AM EDT
[#26]
The new sandwich packaging sucks.  Shit gets cold before you get it home.
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 7:11:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

i will tell you this......you don't want to know how it is made........

This.  I worked at Wendy's when I was in HS.  No chili for me, thanks.
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 7:17:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Everything at Wendy's is second rate compared to their 4 alarm chicken sandwich. It was by far the best thing they have ever had, and I prefer Wendy's of the big three.
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 7:18:29 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I guess the OP liked it so much, he decided to bang his assistant instead of providing an AAR.

+1

that's how I would've played it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 7:26:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

He's probably too worked up complaining about the pussy he got.

Link Posted: 10/23/2011 7:36:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Wendy's changed their fries and took away the baked potato. Therefore they can kiss my hairy ass. That is all.
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 7:38:26 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Wendy's changed their fries and took away the baked potato. Therefore they can kiss my hairy ass. That is all.

we still have baked potatoes here

Link Posted: 10/23/2011 7:40:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Wendy's changed their fries?

This is not good.  Not that I have helped the company out much lately.  They always had the best fries, though.

They do still have the Frosty, right?
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 7:41:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
From what i hear, they are ROUND now.

They're cutting corners now? I may have to boycott my favorite fast food place if this is true. I don't believe you though, so I'm going to have to go get one.

I see what you did there.  Cut off enough corners off a square and it'll be round eventally.
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 7:52:57 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is not good.  Not that I have helped the company out much lately.  They always had the best fries, though.

Their new fries suck.  I used to go in their for the chicken sandwiches and fries.  The sandwiches seem to be kept too long/dry/chewy anymore and the fries suck.  Not much reason to go to Wendy's.

Link Posted: 10/23/2011 7:58:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

advanced grunting

Link Posted: 10/23/2011 8:16:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Did you get one of those same Mexicans to help you with your avatar?
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 8:22:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

DAY ONE.
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 8:30:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Their new fries suck.  I used to go in their for the chicken sandwiches and fries.  The sandwiches seem to be kept too long/dry/chewy anymore and the fries suck.  Not much reason to go to Wendy's.

I don't know if its the sea salt or what, but yeah, those new fries are just bad.
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 8:36:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I had a buddy that wanted a McMuffin with 2 eggs...but the mexican crew at McDonald's couldn't understand him...I told him to say "Dos Huevos" but apparently that could be interpreted as "an egg mcmuffin with 2 balls" ..the crew almost pissed themselves laughing.
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 8:36:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mi padre siempre decia que aqui hablamos ingles.

And they can't learn 3 English words and they live here. I don't live in Mexico......
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 9:11:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Seriously, no AAR. This place is really going down hill.
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 9:19:04 AM EDT
[#43]
I guess they have been testing them out here in Colorado.  I have been eating them for the past 4 months.  They are good, not great but good.
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 9:20:20 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was heavily implied, and the rest of your answer pretty much covers it.  The inability to explain you want a burger patty with no toppings has less to do with language, and more to do with attitude. The Mexican angle was just an appeal to the crowd here.  They could have just as easily been black, asian, hipsters, emo kids, yuppies, or some other generic category used to constitute them as an "other" that is foreign to the walking embodiments of true manhood and Americanism that post on arfcom.

You really need to go outside. Do something other than sit in front of the computer.

Link Posted: 10/23/2011 9:22:37 AM EDT
[#45]
I got some coupons, going tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 9:43:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am one of those plain burger guys and I'm here to tell you that it makes NO DIFFERENCE how much you try to explain "plain" to a fucking zombie, most times they'll STILL fuck it up. Especially if they're new or in a hurry.

BK is the only place with a winning record of getting it right the 1st time. Mickie D's is the worst.

It baffles me how they seem to think it's such a major undertaking to make a plain burger.

THE MOTHERFUCKERS  ALL START OUT THAT WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I'm usually the most laid back feller you're gonna encounter but I'll tell you that I have caused a few scenes over that shit and the attitudes given to me by those who I just got finished explaining exactly what I wanted to.

Fuckin morons.
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 9:54:58 AM EDT
[#47]
I tried a double the other day,and they're using a thousand island type dressing,I think they're trying to copy in-n-out.Still better than in-n-out by a mile though.
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 10:09:09 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have often enjoyed reading your high brow condescension of the genetically underprivileged, but this is just a little ridiculous.

Link Posted: 10/23/2011 10:13:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I have often enjoyed reading your high brow condescension of the genetically underprivileged, but this is just a little ridiculous.

this.  I should be able to order a hamburger in english at wendy's and have my order understood.
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 10:22:25 AM EDT
[#50]
I always order the double combo and it taste GREAT !
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top