Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2002 6:23:34 PM EDT
I have to go to CA due to a death in the family, so I had to do get a ticket outta here on short notice. Called a few airlines and most had what is called "berievement fares" However most only have 25-35% discount on current fares. American Airlines cut their fares almost 60%!!! Woh!!! Direct flight even. All other airlines do not have direct flights out of Dallas. Wonder why that is? Although it is flying a day later than I had wanted, that's just a minor inconvenience. Nevertheless, I make it in for the rosary mass service, viewing and the funeral. Now that's bending over backwards for your customer. So I got a flight out on Fri. with an open return flight at no charge. Guess what, they have me as a customer for life.....or at least till they fuck me over. My luck they will lose my luggage when I get to San Jose on Fri. afternoon. Then I'll be the only pall bearer wearing shorts and tank top.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 6:37:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry to hear about the death in your family.

I've never flown AA. I think I've flown Alaska, Northwest, Southwest, United, and Delta. Maybe a couple others that later went out of business. Alaska and Northwest treated me good every time but Delta sucked. I was hoping Delta was just having a bad day, but after using them 6 or 7 times, I've come to the conclusion they just suck.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 6:57:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry about your loss LT.

Nice thing of AA to do. I had to take a "berievement flight" one time, don't recall the details, but the cost was far less than had it been a normal fare.

Little hint: When I air travel, I always take two suitcases, put dress and fun clothes, in each suitcase, just in case.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 7:27:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry about the loss of a family member.

I just purchased two tickets to Florida today from AA.  Glad they treated you nice.

medcop
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 11:23:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 3:45:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I recently flew AA from Norfolk, VA through DFW, to San Jose, CA then to St Louis for the BRC.  From there I drove back with a friend.  AA has always treated me right.  They also have more room in their planes.  Those commercials about taking out seats and giving you more leg room wasn't BS.  I mean the extra leg room made for a very comfortable flight, without worrying about reclining, or the person in front of you doing so.  Their fares have always been reasonable, and they donated a worn out jet to the Air Marshalls to train on a long time ago.

All in all I fly them whenever possible, because they've always treated me right.

Ross
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 4:46:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If you have time, do you want to get together for lunch or dinner or some range time?  I'm not too far from San Jose.
View Quote

Maybe a plan. The funeral is on Tues. Will be busy this weekend with stuff though. I should be free later in the week. Just need to meet with lawyers.

I am actually going to be in Stockton. If I recall correctly you mentioned you are in Antioch? I will shoot you an e-mail tonight.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 4:50:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Sorry to hear of your loss, LT. It was nice of AA to do that.

I used AA for my flight to the BRC and I have no complaints. And yes, there was a bit more room in coach than I have seen on other carriers lately. South West had me cramped in pretty good on a trip to Phoenix a few years ago.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:10:28 AM EDT
[#8]
AA did the same for me.

But it as for a medical emergency. My dad was having open heart surgery. Same day flight as the day he was admitted, NC to RI, $350.

When the full fair was something like $7-800 (it way have even been as high as $1,400. They say the mind is teh first thing to go. [:D] )

LT -

Sorry to hear of your loss. May the blessings of God be yours at a time like this.

Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:14:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
...they have me as a customer for life.....or at least till they fuck me over.  
View Quote

Ahh.. this phrase will live on in immortality forever!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top