Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 12:54:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I can't speak for the laws on the use of deadly force in Florida, but in NY, a home owner, in this regard, is NEVER EVER permitted to use deadly force unless there is an actual invasion of the dwelling...one can never use deadly force in an effort to protect personal property alone, for instance, a jet ski.  
View Quote
You are correct, you can't speak for the laws on use of deadly force in Florida.  You see, in the South, we are allowed to take these punks out without them being protected by some PC law.

Besides, you are shown as being in TX, why are you speaking of NY laws?  Also, in your third paragraph, you say that you can shoot them while they are fleeing with property.  That seems to contradict what you already said.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 12:57:22 PM EDT
[#2]
JESUS H. CHRIST ON A MOTHER F***ING CRUTCH!!!

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS!?!

The rules are different from state to state, hell, from county to county. The situation was well handled. he's not in jail, no charges were filed. Get a grip.

(Get that weapon out of your car. IMHO a bad choice.)

GOOD JOB NG!!!

Link Posted: 6/12/2002 1:05:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
JESUS H. CHRIST ON A MOTHER F***ING CRUTCH!!!

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS!?!

The rules are different from state to state, hell, from county to county. The situation was well handled. he's not in jail, no charges were filed. Get a grip.
View Quote

What are you trying to say Operator?  I can't really tell from your double speak.  You and 1GUNRUNNER just talk in circles.  You never seem to say what is on your mind(s)....

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 1:08:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Legal or not, nicely done.

You are smart to have discussed such issues with your neighbors.  If that was me, I'd most likely be in jail.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 1:10:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Renamed,
Yes..I checked my driveway, yard and the street. No apparent accomplices...did'nt notice the truck until Carl Lewis took off down the end of my street. I could see the truck from the street light then. I was firmly planted on the corner of my house... this is where I yelled at them initially. If they were armed, I had cover...they did not.

Bushmaster shorty with muzzle brake..it sounds different without ear protection..no doubt.

My M-9 is in the Grand Cherokee...I have a machete' under my mattress. And a shotgun under the bed...did''nt even think about the shotgun. It has birdshot in it...and I always planned to use for inside the home defense. The Makarov is upstairs...I use it for CCW and leave it in my office computer table at night. Locked.

And yes..I was concerned about them being armed..that is why I was low and behind the cover of the corner. I could see them more clear than they could see me...by far. The OKO was lit...and I was ready. But, when they ran I already knew where I'd shoot warning shots...I had no plan to shoot that many rounds. It just happened. In my mind, I was thinking a couple of bursts...but, when the street runner took-off...I was popping off rounds quicker than I realized..he took a tumble in the middle of the street...bounced up and took off again. I wonder what it sounded like with all those rounds going off from his perspective? I wonder if he'd like a second chance at stealing my ski? I seriously doubt it.

As far as the legal ramifications...I reacted within the State/County of Florida laws governing the firing of firearms..case closed. I guess I should be thankful not to be living in a liberal hell-hole such as New York. I guess there's really no need to own firearms in New York or New Jersey...too bad. They are great for deterring crime...I saw that first hand.

There were no innocent by-standers floating in the air above the tree line...it was as safe as it could get at 2:00 a.m.

I have no regrets for my actions...nor should I have any.

[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 1:26:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Way to go NAKED!!!!

I think everybody is missing the point.

Safety First and Safety Foremost!!!!!!!!

You did good to check out your neighborhood before any problems happened. I'm VERY familiar with the EGLIN AFB Reservation (1st SOW). Don't worry about where 31 rnds land in the middle of the night in the reservation, because I've seen thousands of rounds land there every night.

It sounds like a military action. Range your fire zone and know your field of fire. GREAT JOB!!! I think that is the main point. You could of fire a hundred rounds with your plan. I would suggest everybody walk around your neighborhood and make a plan of action just incase. Sometime even if you live in the city, you might have to use Deadly force (it happens).    

I would of crawled out of the house through the grass then pulled my knife and skinned both of the bad guys and then feed them to the gators at the end of the runway!!!

Nice and quiet!!!

Good Job NAKED!!!

HOG
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 1:48:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Hrm...I live in NY, and I was under the impression that as long as you had a No Tresspassing sign visible, you were entitled to do anything to anyone on your property as you saw fit..

And, that any structures on your property (sheds, whatever) were considered, for practical purposes, part of the house...

But, hey, I'm not a lawyer. That's my father's job [;)] I'll ask him about it later tonight.

NG, good job. I probably wouldn't have aimed in the air; I probably would have gone after the engine block of the truck...and it probably would have been a REALLY stupid idea to do so.  Shooting in the air into a known-safe area sounds like a far better bet than aiming for the block. Don't let the dorks get you down about it [:)]

Glad you made it out ok and didn't lose anything in the process.

Ed
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 2:05:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
...the next morning...and my ears WERE STILL RINGING!!

That night...I had to strain to hear everyone's conversation..my ears were throbbing unbelievably.
View Quote
This is sufficient reason for me to not handle this situation in this manner, but it's your ears.

PS: A REAL MAN would've bump-fired their AR instead.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 2:12:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 2:21:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm ashamed of a lot of you.  Here we are, fellow gun owners, and somebody successfully uses a firearm in defense of their home and property and catches flak.  It was sucessful because no one was hurt and two thugs learned a valuable lesson.

Nobody know's NG's home area like he does, and if he felt that no one else was in danger from his shots than I have to agree with what he did.  You pantywaists need to put yourself in that situation.  If he had killed them what would everyone say?  "You shouldn't have done that.  Why not fire warning shots?".  Get over yourselves, and stop being judgemental.  No family out camping was killed.  And NG still has his jet ski, doesn't he!
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 2:35:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Sounds like you have really cool neighbors and a sheriff whose head is in the proper location.

You reacted well to a stressful situation.  Nobody got hurt, you, your family,  and your stuff is safe, and it sounds like life should be good in your area for awhile.  I'm glad everything turned out ok.

As long as the bottom line is good, let the naysayers babble.  I'm sure if anyone knows what they would do differently next time, it would be you.

Excellent work!!   Now.....cover yourself!!
[:D]

PS.....Have your locals start checking front seats of trucks during routine traffic stops.  The one with the hickie belongs to your wheelman.

Link Posted: 6/12/2002 2:44:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 2:45:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Should of grabbed the machete first, I think  seeing a naked man charging them with a 3 foot long knife would have more of a psychological impact. [:D]

Seriously, nice job NG

Link Posted: 6/12/2002 2:47:08 PM EDT
[#14]
NG, I think you did a very good job in protecting your family, property and self with out breaking any laws. I've also been in your situation, except it was the neighbors house being burgularized and there were no shots fired.  
  Just be glad you and your neighbor weren't thrown in the back of a cop car while the local PD was figuring out what was happening. And you and your neighbors rifles weren't kicked across the driveway while yall were being put in cuffs.
  But in the end, the police said we handled it well, by doing what we were told and catching the crooks and not breaking any laws. They gave us back our rifles and paid for damages to them.

And the whole time I was scared to death!
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 2:57:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey NG, You said the garage had a door on it? How'd the BG's know you had a jetski? You see my point? If it can't be seen from the street they must have seen you before, working on the ski or loading up. That means they are locals to you. It follows they may return when you're not home for your guns. Scared only lasts so long. Then greed kicks back in. BG's are usually very stupid people.
I'd sleep with one eye open for a few weeks.

Glad you're okay.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 3:04:58 PM EDT
[#16]
If you wanted just to stop the burglary, then the mere brandishing of the firearm seems to have accomplished that. The actions taken after the perps fled the scene I am not so sure about. The only time you are supposed to shoot is when your life is in danger and the threat was already in the process of vacating the area before the first round was fired. If you want to "shoot to scare" then use blanks.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 3:13:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Naked- I support your actions!

Thanks for the entertaining story!

Too bad you did not have more clips:)
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 3:17:10 PM EDT
[#18]
YE GODS!!!!!! I'm glad everything worked out for ya!

As a cop (among other things...[;)]), I'd at the least get suspended, IAed, Maybe fired and/or charged...

Wow.

To those who said that you would've lit the two up, well... shooting two fleeing (read: not a threat to your life) [i]attempted[/i] burglars is called MURDER.

I'm glad you live in a area of the PRF that had no problem with this whole sheebang - down here in Palm Beach County you'd be someone's jailbitch. [:(] -Especially with the Dem (damn) Sheriff we have - no class III, either. [pissed]

If I had been the responding officer, I'd have given you a slight buttchewing for the shooting, and a big attaboy for adjusting the attitudes of the two miscreants with soiled pants.

P4(ParaPyroPleasedPig)[pyro][^][heavy]
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 3:19:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If you wanted just to stop the burglary, then the mere brandishing of the firearm seems to have accomplished that. The actions taken after the perps fled the scene I am not so sure about. The only time you are supposed to shoot is when your life is in danger and the threat was already in the process of vacating the area before the first round was fired. If you want to "shoot to scare" then use blanks.
View Quote

Now, Imb...

Let's see Option 4.  Blanks.

Does this mean you leave the house with the BFA already installed, or after seeing the perps are fleeing you rapidly install the BFA, load the blanks, clear the chamber and blast away...

Or, do you just start out with blanks and the BFA, if the badguys decide to attack your position you rapidly remove the BFA, remove the blanks, load the hot mag and rechamber...?

Tisk Tisk..

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 3:19:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 3:20:29 PM EDT
[#21]
LARRYG...I'm a native Texan who happens to be a lawyer in NY, and although I am unfamiliar with Florida Penal code, I HIGHLY doubt that one in Florida, or anywhere in the South can "take these punks out without them being protected by some PC law..."

Contrary to what many would like to believe, our system is not one of an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, and even if it was, stealing a Jetski still would not justify death by AR...our system is one of Due Process and equal protection...although irrational and narrowminded people would like to classify concepts such as these as liberal and "PC" they are crucial to the American way of life and the maintenance of all of our beloved rights...even our right to Keep and Bear arms...

As far as any contradictions in my post...read it again friend, only this time do it carefully... I said that one may not use deadly force to merely protect property...however, one may use deadly force to prevent a felon from escaping the scene of a crime with the property... ie. when a crook flees the scene of a robbery with the money from a cash register.

Evl_Ed...you are grossly mistaken...I suggest you don't attempt to "do whatever you want" simply because you have a no trespassing sign...
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 3:21:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

To those who said that you would've lit the two up, well... shooting two fleeing (read: not a threat to your life) [i]attempted[/i] burglars is called MURDER.

P4(ParaPyroPleasedPig)[pyro][^][heavy]
View Quote

Bingo!
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 3:21:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Sell the jet ski and spend the money on a few more guns, a safe, and a more secure fence!
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 3:35:47 PM EDT
[#24]
You just admitted to the whole world that you made false statements when giving the police report...mabe you are crazy-lol.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 3:36:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Like I said in my IM to you...GREAT JOB!

Let's see those fvckers try that one again![heavy]
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 3:50:10 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm with PyroPig - I'm glad if you could get away with it - personally, I would never have done it for fear of legal ramifications. Considering you could get away with it, good job! That is assuming that you are correct about there being NO danger to civvies on the AF range.

It's great to think about how bad those 2 shit themselves when you shot at them, BUT: No, they will not be coming back to rob you, due to fear. They MIGHT come back for revenge. Depends on their personalities/ just how "bad" they are.

Be extremely, EXTREMELY careful, especially in the near future. It is very scary to think that even a few years in the future, if they don't get caught, they might come back to your town to settle an old score... unlikely but more than possible. Good job but be VERY alert.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 3:52:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
LARRYG...I'm a native Texan who happens to be a lawyer in NY, and although I am unfamiliar with Florida Penal code, I HIGHLY doubt that one in Florida, or anywhere in the South can "take these punks out without them being protected by some PC law..."
View Quote

You're damned unfamiliar with the law in your claimed state of birth.  You need to read-up on what's legal in the Great State of Texas after dark.  Here it's perfectly legal (and expected) to shoot the bastards when they attempt to steal your stuff after dark.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 4:41:45 PM EDT
[#28]
I think I'm getting a Shepherd and moving to Texas. Got any room? [;)]

Naked,

You did good!

Link Posted: 6/12/2002 4:58:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 5:00:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 5:18:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Next time, buy some of those Vietnam 40 and 50 round clips Computerguy sells on Ebay, then you will have 80-100 warning shots. [whacko]
View Quote

Can anyone say BETA-C? Ruben?

Good job NG. Congratulations on scaring the SH!T out of those punks.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 5:20:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It's great to think about how bad those 2 shit themselves when you shot at them, BUT: No, they will not be coming back to rob you, due to fear. They MIGHT come back for revenge. Depends on their personalities/ just how "bad" they are.
View Quote

When I read the story, I was thinking they may stake out the place and come back for the guns.

I hope there's a gun safe in the house.

Link Posted: 6/12/2002 5:21:03 PM EDT
[#33]
What an incredible story!
Maybe it was published somewhere?  Sounds really newsworthy to me.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 5:25:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Glad everything turned out ok.  Next time don't shoot if they are fleeing.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 5:31:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

When I read the story, I was thinking they may stake out the place and come back for the guns.

I hope there's a gun safe in the house.

View Quote

Not a chance.  Criminals look for easy ways to steal, not ways to get killed.  Those guys found a postal workers home and will never return.

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 5:36:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

You're damned unfamiliar with the law in your claimed state of birth.  You need to read-up on what's legal in the Great State of Texas after dark.  Here it's perfectly legal (and expected) to shoot the bastards when they attempt to steal your stuff after dark.
View Quote

From the Texas Penal Code

Sec. 9.32. DEADLY FORCE IN DEFENSE OF PERSON. (a) A person is justified in using deadly force against another:

~ ~ (1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.31;

~ ~ (2) if a reasonable person in the actor's situation would not have retreated; and

~ ~ (3) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

~ ~ ~ (A) to protect himself against the other's use or attempted use of unlawful deadly force; or

~ ~ ~ (B) to prevent the other's imminent commission of aggravated kidnapping, murder, sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, [b]robbery[/b], or aggravated robbery.

Just FYI.  

TheRedGoat

Link Posted: 6/12/2002 5:37:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Like someone said, IN TEXAS, Criminal Mischief after Dark= Authorization to use DEADLY force
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 5:39:03 PM EDT
[#38]
To those who said that you would've lit the two up, well... shooting two fleeing (read: not a threat to your life) attempted burglars is called MURDER.
View Quote

What if you shot them before they started to flee?  (Not a suggestion -- just an inquiry into the legal ramifications of a different course of action.)
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 5:56:49 PM EDT
[#39]
I've given more thought to this.

What ya did was, according to the Florida law, Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon.

[Note to others: in Florida, Battery is the doing, Assault is the threatening & putting in fear. Some other states vary in definitions.]

Specifically, if the attempted buggerers -uh- burglars were later caught, they could have had [i]you[/i] charged. [WEASELSPEAK] After all, you put them "in fear" of death or grievous bodily harm for nothing more than a non-violent property crime.[/WEASELSPEAK]

The law nonwithstanding, I have a problem with using deadly force (you [i]did[/i] use deadly force) in any manner of property crime, save for someone trying to steal my last can of beans in the worst case SHTF/TEOTWAWKI scenario you could think of.

Yeah, I know, YMMV in other states, but, IMVFHO, killing someone over [b]stuff[/b] is morally / ethically wrong.

Now, someone threatens [i][b]your[/b][/i] life or someone in your scope (so-to-speak), shoot until the bad guy(s) are no longer a threat. Period. Full Stop. Nothing Follows.

P3[pyro][^][heavy]
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 5:59:57 PM EDT
[#40]
And P3 you are a moral relativist.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 6:05:06 PM EDT
[#41]
If you lived in Texas you could of used the fleeing felon law and popped them. My buddy lives there and he tells me that if some is commiting a felony on you or your property, bang it's all over.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 6:06:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
What if you shot them before they started to flee?  (Not a suggestion -- just an inquiry into the legal ramifications of a different course of action.)
View Quote

Good question & easy answer: murder.

Prosecuter: "So, you confronted these men who you say were attempting to steal your whoseewhatsit, and you [i]shot[/i] them with an assault rifle?"
You: "Uh, well - yes."
Prosecuter: "How were they trying to harm or kill you?"
You: (realizing your gonna be a prisonbitch) "Ah, er - BLARG BLARG BLARG!!!"

Were they presenting a threat of death or grievous bodily harm to you? No. They were stealing property.

When confronted, they did the Jesse Owens. No threat = no shoot.

P3[pyro][^][heavy]
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 6:09:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

nothing more than a non-violent property crime

I have a problem with using deadly force in any manner of property crime,

killing someone over [b]stuff[/b] is morally / ethically wrong.

P3[pyro][^][heavy]
View Quote

Get out of your house.  It is mine.  You car is mine, your bank account and even your dog is MINE.  

You can trot yourself down to your attorney and sue me, but all your property belongs to me now.  

Don't ask the cops to come get your property back, because they will threaten me with force, and you feel that is wrong.

Now...

Don't you feel better now that you avoided threatening me over nothing more than a non-violent property crime.

Afterall, I just took your livelihood, I never threatened your life.  

See you at the homeless shelter.

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 6:14:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
And P3 you are a moral relativist.
View Quote

In what manner? Because I don't want to smoke someone for attempting to steal my property?

Property can be replaced, lives cannot. Until we can set our Phasers on "stun", I believe that we shouldn't shoot people over property crimes.

P3[pyro][^][heavy]
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 6:28:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Get out of your house.  It is mine.  You car is mine, your bank account and even your dog is MINE.  

You can trot yourself down to your attorney and sue me, but all your property belongs to me now.  

Don't ask the cops to come get your property back, because they will threaten me with force, and you feel that is wrong.

Now...

Don't you feel better now that you avoided threatening me over nothing more than a non-violent property crime.

Afterall, I just took your livelihood, I never threatened your life.  

See you at the homeless shelter.
View Quote

Woah, woah, there, hard charger. Damn, Goat, slow down. Read my words again, sir.

For someone (and a bunch of their friends [;D]) to do those above things you've written, they would have to use force on [i]me[/i], and then, that would then cease to be a property crime.

"All your property are belong to us" - I don't think so.

If you're there when the BGs try to do these property crimes, (in Fl) you can intervene, and if they persist - defend yourself.

I know that you don't think that any reasonable person wouldn't sit back and allow these crimes to occur right before their eyes...[whacko]

P3[pyro][^][heavy]
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 6:35:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Prosecutor: "So, you confronted these men who you say were attempting to steal your whoseewhatsit, and you [i]shot[/i] them with an assault rifle?"

Were they presenting a threat of death or grievous bodily harm to you? No. They were stealing property.

P3[pyro][^][heavy]
View Quote

Would it really be "murder", legally?  I thought that the usual definition of "murder" involved an element of "malice aforethought".
[url]http://lectlaw.com/def2/m150.htm[/url]

Wouldn't a prosecutor be more likely to try for a charge like "voluntary manslaughter"?

Here's another way that examination might go:

Prosecutor: "So, you confronted these men who you say were attempting to steal your whoseewhatsit, and you shot them with an assault rifle?"
You: "No, that's not true.  I don't even own an assault rifle."
Prosecutor (changing topic): "How were they trying to harm or kill you?"
You: "I feared for my life for the following reasons:
1) They came onto my property with felonious intent.
2) It was late at night when there were no neighbors around to assist me.
3) The burglars had me outnumbered.
4) They were carrying heavy tools which would have made deadly impact weapons."

Yeah, I know, you'd be fighting a losing battle, but IMHO it wouldn't be a slam dunk for the prosecution, at least not in most areas.

Link Posted: 6/12/2002 6:37:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
they would have to use force on [i]me[/i], and then, that would then cease to be a property crime.
View Quote

Let's assume you leave to go to the grocery store.  When you get back, I own your home.  No muss, no fuss, no force.

If you're there when the BGs try to do these property crimes, (in Fl) you can intervene, and if they persist - defend yourself.

P3[pyro][^][heavy]
View Quote

You are starting to split hairs.  

If your there, if your not, if they persist, if they don't, if they use force, if they don;t use force, if if if...

Either you CAN defend your Property or not.

TheRedGoat

PS.  Luckily for me, the Great State of Texas knows that I can defend my property with both force and deadly force (day or night).

Link Posted: 6/12/2002 6:37:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Prosecuter: "So, you confronted these men who you say were attempting to steal your whoseewhatsit, and you [i]shot[/i] them with an assault rifle?"

P3[pyro][^][heavy]
View Quote

If you shot them before they were running away, could you not easily say you felt your life was threatened?  Even if all they have is large handtools, it's dark, they're trespassing, obvioulsy not GirlScouts-selling-cookies, and they have objects that may or may not have been knifes/guns/big lead pipes...  You're afraid for your life, who is going to argue with that in a non-super-PC state/area?  That seems to me like a legal shoot.  

Even the act of them being startled and starting to run could be misconstrued as an attack by someone I would think...  

Maybe not if you're 50 yards away from them, I can't tell exactly how far away this whole situation went down from the description, mabye I missed that part.  If I was anywhere near within range of being hit or stabbed I'd have been tempted to fire for effect I think...
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 6:40:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
You: "I feared for my life for the following reasons:
1) They came onto my property with felonious intent.
2) It was late at night when there were no neighbors around to assist me.
3) The burglars had me outnumbered.
4) They were carrying heavy tools which would have made deadly impact weapons."

Yeah, I know, you'd be fighting a losing battle, but IMHO it wouldn't be a slam dunk for the prosecution, at least not in most areas.
View Quote

Remember, only the living witnesses get a chance to change their story.  Dead men can't dispute your claim of what they did/didn't say.

Shoot to stop.  (to stop them from testifying)

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 6:41:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Evl_Ed...you are grossly mistaken...I suggest you don't attempt to "do whatever you want" simply because you have a no trespassing sign...
View Quote

As I said, to the best of my understanding.

I could be wrong [:)]

In my neighborhood and town, if some skell came in and tried to break in, and I shot him...there'd be rejoicing in the streets. (A neighbor's house was broken into a couple years ago, and everyone here is STILL pissed about it)

Guess it just depends on where [:D]
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top