Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2002 8:00:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 8:02:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Got it, I'll just hide it better if I ever go back there again.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 8:28:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Not quite.  Utah does recognize AZ, but not vice versa.

Utah did away with reciprocity agreements, and decided to recognize EVERY state's CCW permits.  But since there is not longer a reciprocity agreement, and AZ only recognizes permits from states with which it has an agreement, Utah permits are no longer any good in AZ.

Yet another well intentioned statute produced by the Utah legislature, loaded with unintended consequences because the legislature is filled with people who only know how to pray and not think.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 8:33:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 8:44:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok may I ask WHY?
Are we having a State VS State pissing match or something?
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 9:07:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Arizona CCW permit holders will be allowed to carry concealed in the state of Utah for a period of 60 days. If a person with an out-of-state permit remains in Utah for longer than 60 consecutive days, that person is required to obtain a Utah permit. Utah permit holders will no longer be allowed to carry concealed in the State of Arizona without an Arizona, Alaska, Arkansas, Kentucky or Texas Concealed Carry Permit.
View Quote

Basically, you can carry here and we can not carry there.  [:(]

The new Utah statute is § 78-10-523 for those who are interested.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 10:11:00 PM EDT
[#6]
So how do us Idahoans fit into this mix? We travel a lot to Utah also.  
I go over to Nevada a little to shoot Rochchucks and whistlepigs?
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 10:15:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Got it, I'll just hide it better if I ever go back there again.
View Quote

... DITTO
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 6:24:31 AM EDT
[#8]
No sweat:
Your Utah permit is good with me.

Hell, you don't even need a permit with me. [:)]

Jay
[img]http://www.commspeed.net/jmurray/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top