Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 10:50:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
You act like it's some kind of "fire and forget" weapon, not attached to a trained handler.  It's not, it's a tool, one of many available to law enforcement.
Why is this a problem?
View Quote
It's sometimes unnerving to remember that there are people who believe that any tool, any weapon that is available to Police can/should be use on the least desirable members of our community to bring them under control.

I'm for my own species. I'm an advocate of speciesism, that is the assumption of human superiority and the protection of human life over animal life.

I've long maintained that dogs, and animals of whatever kind, should never be trained to attack humans. And should they attack a human, whether under control by people or out of control by nature, they should be killed.

Police or Public Safety Authorities should never be allowed to sic an animal on a human.
Send a person after a person. If the police have a problem with a person, they should deal with it personally. If the cops are too under equipped or scared, they need to hire another to go in for them. Or the cops can go in a group. Or don't go at all, since it would seem that they can't do their job . .

My point: Don't march people into lion's dens, don't push a human into shark-infested waters, don't leave your victim "to the wolves", don't build a snake pit, and you do not, do not, sic a dog on a person.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 11:51:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never had a dog have you?
View Quote

Wrong
I have, many of them. I guess that would make me more qualified than you on the subject.
View Quote
Wrong

At least in  writing about something that I have experienced.

You should not limit yourself to the experiences of others. Get out and make a difference. Feel what it is like to have a human with his hands around your throat, Spitting blood in your face.
View Quote
Who says I've not made a difference, you? You with judgement so poor that you trust animals over humans, and you let an assailant get so close and overwhelm you to the point they were choking you?
I Get the feeling YOU must TRUST MY JUDGEMENT because you have not done anything in the real world to help protect the innocent or weak from the predators who would prey upon them. I have !  Talk is sooooooo cheap !
View Quote

Especially your talk. No, I'm not going to trust your judgement, or put value on your outrageous assumptions.

View Quote
View Quote

Wow, You are a funny guy. Thanks dude, for making me laugh is been a rough day.

My assumption are Outrageous.Take a look in the mirror. We are both guilty of this.

We do not even come close to knowing anything about me and I know way too much about you.

I am going to conclude this discussion with you on a positive note of sincere thanks. You have voiced your point of view so all in this forum now have a better understanding of both of us. For that I am glad.  

Got to go take the dog for a walk.
                [:D]

Link Posted: 6/13/2002 11:52:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never had a dog have you?
View Quote

Wrong
I have, many of them. I guess that would make me more qualified than you on the subject.
View Quote
Wrong

At least in  writing about something that I have experienced.

You should not limit yourself to the experiences of others. Get out and make a difference. Feel what it is like to have a human with his hands around your throat, Spitting blood in your face.
View Quote
Who says I've not made a difference, you? You with judgement so poor that you trust animals over humans, and you let an assailant get so close and overwhelm you to the point they were choking you?
I Get the feeling YOU must TRUST MY JUDGEMENT because you have not done anything in the real world to help protect the innocent or weak from the predators who would prey upon them. I have !  Talk is sooooooo cheap !
View Quote

Especially your talk. No, I'm not going to trust your judgement, or put value on your outrageous assumptions.

View Quote
View Quote

Wow, You are a funny guy. Thanks dude, for making me laugh is been a rough day.

My assumption are Outrageous.Take a look in the mirror. We are both guilty of this.

You do not even come close to knowing anything about me and I know way too much about you.

I am going to conclude this discussion with you on a positive note of sincere thanks. You have voiced your point of view so all in this forum now have a better understanding of both of us. For that I am glad.  

Got to go take the dog for a walk.
                [:D]

View Quote
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 4:46:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You act like it's some kind of "fire and forget" weapon, not attached to a trained handler.  It's not, it's a tool, one of many available to law enforcement.
Why is this a problem?
View Quote
It's sometimes unnerving to remember that there are people who believe that any tool, any weapon that is available to Police can/should be use on the least desirable members of our community to bring them under control.

I'm for my own species. I'm an advocate of speciesism, that is the assumption of human superiority and the protection of human life over animal life.

I've long maintained that dogs, and animals of whatever kind, should never be trained to attack humans. And should they attack a human, whether under control by people or out of control by nature, they should be killed.

Police or Public Safety Authorities should never be allowed to sic an animal on a human.
Send a person after a person. If the police have a problem with a person, they should deal with it personally. If the cops are too under equipped or scared, they need to hire another to go in for them. Or the cops can go in a group. Or don't go at all, since it would seem that they can't do their job . .

My point: Don't march people into lion's dens, don't push a human into shark-infested waters, don't leave your victim "to the wolves", don't build a snake pit, and you do not, do not, sic a dog on a person.
View Quote

I understand your point, I just think it's rather strange, that's all.  What difference does it make if a cop uses a baton or a dog to subdue a suspect?  It's the cop's actions and intentions, not the dog's, that are relevant here.  

Do you feel the same way about Tasers or bean-bag shotguns?  To a cop, they're all tools, along with the dog.  And yes, I obviously suppport LE's use of the best tools for the job.

Dogs are a *very* effective tool in the right circumstances, primarily for their ability to find and control people efficiently, with improved officer (and suspect!) safety.  Those would be the humans involved, BTW.

Note the key words- effective, efficient, safe.  I'm all for it!

And I'm OK that we don't agree, being that you're the first avowed specist I've ever met.  I just still think you're a tool for thinking that way!  (Just kidding... I crack me up sometimes... [:D] )
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top