Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2002 8:30:45 PM EDT
The European idiots at my swimming pool have hit me one time too many with their soccer ball (Disorderly Conduct, Endangerment, Aggravated Assault, and Criminal Nuisance), so tomorrow I'm planning to conduct a citizen's arrest, and would appreciate advice.

I'm going to have my AK-47 in the "African carry" as I normally do at the pool, and I'm wondering at what point in the procedure should I move the rifle to the ready position? Before/during/after I inform them of my intention to arrest?

Also, if they resist and try to run away, is it ok to shoot them in the back to the extent that I reasonably believe it necessary to prevent them from committing further criminal activity?

Have you all done this before? This is going to be my first arrest. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:32:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:34:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:39:42 PM EDT
[#3]
[whacko]

See kids, this is what happens when people do massive amounts of drugs........

[whacko]
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:43:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:46:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn Europeans...

There is something you do not hear everyday.

[;)]
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:48:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm going to have my AK-47 in the "African carry"
View Quote

Gotta bring race into this?
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:49:39 PM EDT
[#7]
legel3,
dont let the responses discourage you.

the rules are a little complex...

if the kids are under:
9 years old.. you can not fire on them... the most you can do is "accidently" hit them with butt of your rifle.

under 15 but over 9 you can hold thier head under water... be advised if you do it for more them 90 secs at a time you [i]might[/i] get in trouble..

any one over 15 is fair game...
just make sure no one is looking..[;)]

Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:53:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The European idiots at my swimming pool have hit me one time too many with their soccer ball...
View Quote

Well since you probably never complained when their "other" balls kept hitting your chin, maybe they just think you have a ball fetish.

Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:54:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:57:15 PM EDT
[#10]
And remember, if the police show up they're in on it, so you should really consider arresting them too.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:59:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks Mr T... cant believe I forgot that part..
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 9:03:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Let me guess?... you were inspired by "The Osbournes" episode where Sharon and the kids were heaving hams and other assorted food items at *their* obnoxious European neighbors.
Just follow Ozzies solution and toss a chunk of fire wood through their picture window.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 9:07:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
And remember, if the police show up they're in on it, so you should really consider arresting them too.
View Quote

Thanks, Mr-T, but I'd already figured that part out.

I could have asked a lawyer or the sheriff about this stuff, but they just want to take all the credit -- and [i]where were they[i] when I was getting pummeled visciously today?

That's what I love about this place. Ask a question and within half an hour, learn the truth from a dozen people who have already been through it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 9:18:13 PM EDT
[#14]
You just don't lead them as much...

"Also, if they resist and try to run away, is it ok to shoot them in the back to the extent that I reasonably believe it necessary to prevent them from committing further criminal activity?"
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 9:25:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 9:30:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I only do citizens arrest when I'm near local high schools.

Excuse me miss, you need to come with me [:D]

View Quote

How many times have you strip searched that 50 something overweight lunch lady.

That really sick man.

And to think I roomed with you at the BRC.

[puke]

Link Posted: 6/9/2002 9:35:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 9:37:04 PM EDT
[#18]
DON'T, If you arrest somebody(you do have a legal right to yes!)and the D.A. and/or the Judge does not back you on it, you could be sued Civily for false arrest false imprisonment,(Criminally charged with the same as well as kidnapping!) It ain't worth it, you could lose everything in a lawsuit!

I am a State Constable and am allowed to arrest on seeing a crime committed but won't,They warned us not to since we carry our own liability insurance!

We have training and they warned us to stick to warrants only!
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 9:44:34 PM EDT
[#19]
It'll just never be as good as the original.  Still get a laugh when I read it or have to send it to a newbie.

Long live The Mall Ninja.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 10:03:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Fireguy3,

Don't worry, I'm just kidding around about bringing my assault rifle to the pool. These Swedish (Dutch?) hooligans are pissing me off, but I'm not counting on the jury understanding how totally reasonable it would be for me to threaten/use deadly force to stop their ongoing attacks -- despite the letter of the law appearing to permit this.

Instead, I am slowly seducing their European girlfriends. Very slowly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top