Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2002 2:47:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 3:02:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Haven't seen it. However, if I recall from a few critical accounts, the book depicted the terrorists as originating from the Middle-East. So now we have - correct me if I misunderstood - neo-nazis as the ultimate threat? Really? Why take artistic license w/ [i]that[/i] point?

But, once again, I digress.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 3:04:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 3:05:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Haven't seen it. However, if I recall from a few critical accounts, the book depicted the terrorists as originating from the Middle-East. So now we have - correct me if I misunderstood - neo-nazis as the ultimate threat? Really? Why take artistic license w/ that point?

But, once again, I digress.
View Quote

Because we are the honorable people in this thing. We can't make a "propaganda" movie about evil raghead monkey-sucking murderers. Even if the whole world knows that the logical response to 9/11 should have been a 9/12 mushroom garden over Bahgdad, Pakistan, and Palestine....

Scott

Link Posted: 6/9/2002 3:17:28 PM EDT
[#4]
i really dont think the aircraft carrier would have been taken like it was by the russian aircraft.  After a nuke anywhere the carrier would be on highest alert with planes deployed probbly and i think the planes would have been seen by radar farther away aswell as the defence machine guns would have done a better job.  besides that it was ok. and if your close enough to have your chopper blown down and your cars roll over in a nuke blast, then your to close to live anyway.. the radiation will get you.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 4:09:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Have you read the book?  If not, you wouldn't understand why the movie sucks. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 4:10:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 4:10:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 4:12:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There were people present at the trinity test and the radiation didnt get them.
View Quote

check your sources.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top