Isn't it N2O?
View Quote

The correct term is "NOSS".[rolleyes]
View Quote
I always heard, and saw, "NOX".
View Quote

I believe its "NOS"
View Quote

Yes, which would stand for "Nitrous Oxide Systems", a company which manufactures N2O injection systems.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:28:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
In my opinion, the RX7 may be the lone exception to the ricer definition. First, it's REAR wheel drive. And it sounds more like a pissed off hornet than a sewing machine! Or like many ricers, a very long fart.
View Quote
Actually, with the turbo and the Racing Beat exhaust, it has a deep, throaty kind of sound, unlike other rotaries I have owned (2 RX3s, 2 Cosmos, 2 RX4s, and 1 first gen RX7).  I never have really liked the sound of rotaries with headers and performance exhaust before, even though I love the rotaries, but this one sounds damn good and with the turbo, you don't wind it out forever like a normally aspirated rotary.  It reaches shift point pretty quickly.  The turbo also gives it a lot more torque, so I am getting hp a much lower rpms than my previous normally aspirated ones and I shift at those lower rpms.  I can be hitting 90 by the top of an entrance ramp and never exceed 4000 rpm in any gear.  God, I love doing that.  People aren't expecting an entering car to be booking like that.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 12:00:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Here are the specs:

2000 Audi S4
H&R Coilovers
APR Stage 2 + race program.
Neuspeed/Borla Exhaust, 3" mandrel bent
UUC 20% short shifter
Abt Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Pagid Blue brake pads
SSR Competition Wheels
Bridgestone Potenza S02 PP's  235/40R17

Everything looks stock from the outside except for the wheels and tires and more aggressive stance.
View Quote

Very nice.  I was at APR's customer BBQ in April up in Auburn, Alabama, and it was a blast.  It was a long drive from Houston though.  Their setup is amazing, and if I were to work in that feild, I'd definitely want to work for them.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:43:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Okay, I can understand the attitude toward "all show and no go" cars, but doesn't anybody appreciate a "sleeper" anymore?  In highschool, I had a Ford Torino that handed quite a few IROC's their ass, and they never saw it coming.  When I hit 'Family Mode", and became a responsible citizen I bought a Honda Accord.  I'm currently experiencing a mid-life crisis of sorts and I'm channeling some money previously destined for firearms into fixing up the car.  There's something about a 300+ horsepower four door family sedan that intrigues me.  Since I found out that you can "Drop-in" the Prelude V-Tec engine and Jackson Racing makes a compatible supercharger, I can't get it out of my head.  Am I out of my mind or what?

Oh, and did I mention that I wanted to keep the auto tranny?  [WHACKO]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 8:29:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I can dig a "sleeper" car. When I was in high school my dream was to put an '86 3.2 Carrera motor in a VW Thing. That would have been the ultimate sleeper. Ugly as hell but faster than most.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 9:38:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Okay, I can understand the attitude toward "all show and no go" cars, but doesn't anybody appreciate a "sleeper" anymore...
Oh, and did I mention that I wanted to keep the auto tranny?
View Quote

Yes, I appreciate a sleeper.  The other weekend I was at Mason Dixon drag in MD.  Some guy drives up in a '90 Mustang Notchback, dark green, rims and tires, sounds like it has flowmasters, but other than that looks stock.  He rolls through the water box, does his burnout --- NOT STOCK!  Runs a 9.8 second quarter mile, with the distinctive wine of a twin turbo setup under the hood.  

For the ULTIMATE sleeper check this out....
[img]http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/1378/FairmontPics/fairmont.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/1378/FairmontPics/FrontMot.jpg[/img]

[url]www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/1378/fairymont.html[/url]

A Twin Turbo EFI 460ci in Farimont.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 9:56:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Not that I go at it very often, but I have yet to go up against anyone that can keep up with my 2000 Trans Am.

Mods include:
LS1 Ram Air System
High flow airbox assembly
Granatelli mass air flow sensor
K&N air filter
Hypertech power programmer

Soon to come-Borla cat back exhaust and
free flowing catalytic converters.

0-60...5secs
est hp-370
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:21:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Okay, I can understand the attitude toward "all show and no go" cars, but doesn't anybody appreciate a "sleeper" anymore?  In highschool, I had a Ford Torino that handed quite a few IROC's their ass, and they never saw it coming.  When I hit 'Family Mode", and became a responsible citizen I bought a Honda Accord.  I'm currently experiencing a mid-life crisis of sorts and I'm channeling some money previously destined for firearms into fixing up the car.  There's something about a 300+ horsepower four door family sedan that intrigues me.  Since I found out that you can "Drop-in" the Prelude V-Tec engine and Jackson Racing makes a compatible supercharger, I can't get it out of my head.  Am I out of my mind or what?

Oh, and did I mention that I wanted to keep the auto tranny?  [WHACKO]
View Quote

Take a look at my car above.  I would say it is a bit of a sleeper.  People stare at the wheels though.  They weigh 15 lbs a piece.  My car is putting down about 320 horses running stage 2 boost (0-60 at about 5 sec.) and probably in the 340 to 350 range if I put 100 octane unleaded race fuel in it.  I have an ECU that can advance the ignition to take advantage of the higher octane unleaded race fuel.....but at $4.00 and gallon it is not for everyday driving.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:29:35 PM EDT
[#10]
This would be my idea of the ultimate sleeper.  Audi RS4.  Only available in Avant (wagon).  380 HP and all wheel drive.  People in Europe are tuning them in the 450 to 500 HP range.  I got my ass handed to me by a grocery getter!!!  One road test I saw pitted it against the Porsche 911 twin turbo and the BMW M3.

[img]http://www.curvedspace.net/audi/rs4000022.jpg[/img]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top