Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/8/2002 4:30:38 PM EDT
Just occurred to me, I've been lurking here for about a week now; and on occasion dropping my $.02 in on matters, but never got around to introducing myself. So... I'm 46, single but just recently semi-divorced from my live in GF. 18 year full time firefighter; unfortunately I live in Massachusetts                           [:(] (flames are understandable) but at my age and financial circumstances a career move isn't possible (and no, I'm not allowed to live out of state, like in NH). Spent 4 years in the Army right out of high school, 1974-1978: 82nd Airborne, 3/4 ADA (Air Defense Artillery... as in Redeye shoulder fired anti-aircraft missile). Dual MOS of 11B and 16R. Made Sgt E-5 in two years and how I ETS'd as one was nothing short of a miracle [}:D]. Spent a few years on the R&R
circuit and club scene before I joined the FD.
(best move I ever made). I've a owned number of firearms in the past 25 years; including a pre-ban Colt AR-15 that I sold about 10 years before there was even such a thing as pre-ban/post-ban (one of the worst moves I've ever made). Anyhow, hello and greetings to all.
And oh yeah, and I live with my two parrots; Raffle and Attila (definitely one of the worst moves I've ever made, although unlike my ex GF, I can cover the birds cages up with a sheet to shut them up)[:D]
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 4:35:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome!!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 4:36:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Let me be the first to say welcome..I hope you enjoy your stay...Be Safe out there FDNY/EMS myself
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 5:04:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome Jason!!

If ya get really tired of those parrots, I've got a couple of good squab recipes.  [:D]
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 5:45:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 5:50:15 PM EDT
[#5]
That's ok, I never introduced myself. I just started posting stuff. Apparently I kind of offended some people on this board, but I stayed clear of all the old guys like Ericthehun or Garandman I advise you to do the same [:D]
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 7:41:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome to the site [beer]
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 7:49:40 PM EDT
[#7]
C'mon in...   Sit a spell...   Want a cup of coffee?  
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 7:55:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Howdy...!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top