Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
3/20/2017 5:03:23 PM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/8/2002 2:02:27 PM EDT
Personally, I'd become a bit of a land barren... preferably about an hour outside of a major city that had good museums, a zoo, nice restaurants. I'd like to raise as much of my own food as possible.... buy a steer and pig off local farmers every year. I'd run a program to teach underpriviledged kids how to ride... the kids that can't afford it are always my best students, very attentive and well-mannered. I'd travel... to Belize, Spain, Ireland, Greece, Africa. I think I would also like to hold a get together every year and fly in all of my friends and family... and try to convince them all to stay! [:D]
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 2:08:42 PM EDT
hummmmmmmmmmmmmm.............! a live in cardiologist a live in nutritionist a live in urologist & a Vampire to take my blood !!
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 2:11:01 PM EDT
BRC
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 2:13:36 PM EDT
... Honestly, there would be very little I'd change. I'm fortunate to have been blessed with a good life so far. ... Maybe more time, but there are no bartering tools can change that.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 2:16:25 PM EDT
Travel the world as a tourist,hunter, and shooter. A lot of reading. Learn to surf. ARH
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 2:29:52 PM EDT
The same thing I'm doing today, looking for a woman to marry and travel the world with.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 2:30:58 PM EDT
I'd buy huge deisel pusher and a $30,000.00 bass boat . I'd drive around the USA in no specific direction and fish every lake I came across. Did I mention I like bass fishing? If I win the lottery..... -T.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 2:40:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 2:44:56 PM EDT
You got it..A New 40 ft. deisel pusher with Toyota 4wd pu in tow and a folding boat.. Built in weapons safe, fully computerized and just go where the weather and politics suited my fancy... Maybe own a few 20-40 acre plots to stay on when I was working on a project... Since Money is an object.. In two years it'll be a lightly used 38 ft Deisel pusher with a used Nissan 4wd pu and a folding boat. Laptop, weapons storage and a couple of "Sugar 2s" hanging on the back... Maybe a 20 acre plot somewhere to shoot..
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 2:48:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/8/2002 2:52:21 PM EDT by DScottHewitt]
MM, You're a horsey person? Kewl... Scott
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 2:54:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 3:00:04 PM EDT
Buy me a bait camp on a lake and sell 99cent cans of pork & beans, beer and bait. That is when I'm not consuming the stock![:D]
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 3:08:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 3:20:10 PM EDT
BRC South!!!!! ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 3:25:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 3:28:16 PM EDT
OK, so let's say 'ol Dougie (that's me, btw) wins the lottery for say....$50 mil or so(after taxes):[left]Doug's entire family retires.[/left][left]Doug's friends all retire.[/left][left]The Avila's all get a Barrett M82A1 each for running such a kick-ass web site.[/left][left]Every member of AR15.com gets one AR15 of their choice.[/left][left]Future BRCs are held at Doug's house, and include numerous outdoor ranges, as well as a MOUT course.[/left]
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 3:30:41 PM EDT
Play golf on the Moon!
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 3:35:21 PM EDT
not much would change actually. I'd still buy tons of books and read as I do now.(except my parents wouldn't be paying for them) My friends would stay the same because they're cool people and I don't like strangers. I'd probably buy myself a few new pajamas (as you can never have too many). I'd still go on vacations with my mom cause we both like to travel and it's fun. Besides that I'll probably just setup a retirement fund for myself so I wouldn't have to work ever again.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 3:37:08 PM EDT
ARH: Duuuuude, yer reading AND surfin' right now!!! Way to go, duuuude!! Hang Ten! [;)] ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 3:37:32 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 3:46:46 PM EDT
BRC and then IBIZA! Bob [8D]
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 3:46:55 PM EDT
id make the gun room in the matrix have gun envy
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 3:46:58 PM EDT
Buy enough land for a 6000' grass strip and build several hangars to house my collection of warbirds.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 3:48:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 4:17:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/8/2002 4:18:01 PM EDT by Tall_Shadow]
Originally Posted By 700PSS: Buy enough land for a 6000' grass strip and build several hangars to house my collection of warbirds.
View Quote
I couldn't have said it better! Well...Maybe a small(10k-20k foot) armory to hold the "Small" stuff. Tall Shadow Edited cause' I'm a dumbass
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 4:21:22 PM EDT
I'd buy this little place and build a range out back. We could have next year's BRC there. [img]junior.apk.net/~scotts/tajbig2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 4:27:48 PM EDT
Buy alot of cabin property, shoot a hell of a lot more, read more, and probably go work in a gun store 'cuz the 7.00 and hour I would be making wouldn't be a hardship. I don't want to own the place, just hang out and shoot BS with the local gun crowd-especially the black rifle crowd.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 4:32:39 PM EDT
A silk pajama collection. Man I love that stuff. So silky.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 4:43:02 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SWS: I'd buy this little place and build a range out back. We could have next year's BRC there. [img]junior.apk.net/~scotts/tajbig2.jpg[/img]
View Quote
Assuming that Agra doesn't get nuked by Pakistanis. Just kidding! If money was no objective, I'll buy big piece of land. I will fish on my land. I will hunt on my land and I will farm on my land. Raise farm animals as well as beautiful German Shepherds. Then have 10 beautiful women to service me in bed. Hehehe.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 4:44:55 PM EDT
Have both a nice upscale restraurant (a rustic steak & bbq type place) and a gun shop & then somehow find time to run both exactly the way I like. The bad part is the above would leave me no time to ride dirt bikes, shoot, travel to cool places & exotic beaches or build bad-to-the-bone VW Super Beetles, Baja bugs & sand rails.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 5:05:47 PM EDT
1) Open up my own bar and AR15.com members drink free! 2) Travel around the world 3) Bet 1 million dollars double or nothing in one game of chance at LasVegas 4) Open up my own roadside turle rescue operation 5) Get back to some hard training in Jiu-Jitsu and open up a world-class dojo This is just for starters...
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 5:18:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/8/2002 5:19:26 PM EDT by DonR]
Set up a foundation designed to ensure that no member here or any member of their family would ever have to face a financial or medical crisis without help.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 5:27:55 PM EDT
I'd build my compound up in the hills (and lakes) outside of Austin, Texas. Then, I'd persue one of those "8 Year" business management degrees at UTA. You know, the kind where you only take like 6 credits per semester, and have lots of spare time for chasing womenz and shooting all the cool toys. Big assed house, boats, and cool cars are assumed.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 5:30:27 PM EDT
Go on a shopping spree at Armani, and Dolce & Gabanna
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 5:33:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 5:34:45 PM EDT
Build a earth sheltered home outside Stillwater Oklahoma and become the benefactor of the OSU Shooting Team, building a range that rivaled Camp Perry.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 5:37:55 PM EDT
I do the same thing I'm doing now - be a helluva attorney and a helluva granddaddy! I'd just be a helluva attorney less often and a helluva granddaddy more often! Eric The(Satisfied)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 5:39:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 5:42:11 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 5:42:55 PM EDT
I would buy a very large sailing ship and travel.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 5:44:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By brouhaha:
Originally Posted By gus: I'd build my compound up in the hills (and lakes) outside of Austin, Texas. Then, I'd persue one of those "8 Year" business management degrees at UTA.
View Quote
That would just be UT. UTA is University of Texas at Arlington. [:P]
View Quote
Doh!!! I should know that. My dad graduated from UT so I have no excuse for not knowing. Then again, when I DID go to college it was in Tucson, AZ. Maybe the sun fried my brain?
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 5:49:00 PM EDT
Buy my own team of warriors and cap bin laden, so everyone would be happy. [:D] AB
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 5:52:58 PM EDT
Besides having the arsenal complete with functional howitsers and tanks, I would restore old cars. No power tools, just the basics. I also want to build my own home. A log cabin to be exact. nothing fancy just something to raise a family in. But I want land, lots and lots of land. From my house i dont want to see a powerlind or even an oilfield location. A place where my kids and run and play and learn things about nature. Cheesy? Maybe so, but it what I dream about most nights.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 6:00:19 PM EDT
I'd buy enough land in mt to build a nice house, garage, and 300 yard range. i'd quit my job, retire all my friends and family, and spend my days playing guitar, cooking, and shooting. The medical emergency fund sounds like a pretty good idea. my dad spent 12 days in a heart transplant unit/icu before he died and i can tell you that i'd be living in a box and eating ramen if he hadn't had a good insurance program at work. While i was there i met two other families who weren't so fortunate. I was glad to see that the hospital was helping them out despite the fact that they probably would never be able to pay for a multiple hundred of thousand of dollar medical bill.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 6:02:56 PM EDT
Honestly, I'd bankroll/finance legal fees to challenge and/or repeal anti-gun legislation. Wouldn't even matter to me if it was a no-win situation... I'm that pissed off and frustrated by most of the crap the Brady/HCI types try to enact. Best case scenario is that this new found wealth comes from the state lottery > move to a state that has less demanding tax laws > finance pro-2nd rights in states that I'm not a resident in (can you smell the collective liberal outrage?) [}:D]). Other than that, I need to buy myself some new socks and t-shirts.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 6:03:30 PM EDT
HUNT......FISH......BUILD HOT RODS......get a rolloff and bring up solid classic cars/trucks......50`s 60`s 70`s.....restore and sell em......name of business...OLD DAYS AUTOMOTIVE...........[:)]
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 6:06:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/8/2002 6:07:39 PM EDT by BlackandGreen]
Nothing like dreaming on line sara......but here`s a serious thought for ya`......therapudic riding.....big business around here....I work with a woman who has a place.....since you are already half way there?????????............[:D]
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 6:17:27 PM EDT
Money is no object? Well....I'd buy land (I'm talking in the thousands of acres range) with plenty of terrain for 4-wheelin' and free-range shooting. A simple house would go up - just a bedroom, bath, kitchen, living room, & deck because I'm a no-frills kinda guy - along with a 40x80 steel-frame garage with paint booth, frame & tire lifts, etc. The Snap-on truck would make a [b]huge[/b] delivery, and I'd amuse myself by buying and building up 4x4s, 4-wheelin', shooting, and other outdoors activities.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 6:21:18 PM EDT
buy the federal government and make myself supreme ruler of all. And get a kittie names Spike.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 6:49:37 PM EDT
I don't have to even think about money. I've got enough to travel the world many times over. I need to find myself a hot Katie Holmes lookalike to travel with though[:(]
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 7:29:25 PM EDT
Outdoor photographer.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top