Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 149
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 11:13:10 PM EDT
[#1]
???  every time our platoon in basic at ft. jackson would run past these lights they would all turn off, one by one, as we ran past.  Probably 40 guys in our unit at that time.  DIs told us they shut off so as not to blind us.  So you are saying this is BS?

Originally Posted By 6winchester2:
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:
Originally Posted By M1-Ed:
I was wondering if anyone has experienced driving past street lights at night and that light then shuts off?

This happens to me constantly.

Interdasting that you should bring this up.  Back in middle school and high school, I'd be walking home from a friends house who lived about 20 minutes walk from me.  Many, many times, at night, I would be walking and the street lights would go out as I walked under them and then turn back on as I passed.  It wasn't every single light on my walk home, but it was enough lights, and happened enough different nights, that I always thought it was weird.  If it was a weekend night, I was almost guaranteed to be under the influence of something, and there wasn't much traffic on the road where it happened.  So that made it creepier.

That same road, I swear I saw about 4 people with white hoods on (not KKK hoods, just like sweatshirt hoods) run into the woods along the road, but they were sort of hopping.  I was wasted, and started freaking out and then began running.  It turned out to be some deer.  I was looking at their asses, and I thought it was people in white hoods.  Marijuana is funny.

For the record, the street lights thing happened many times when I was sober, too.  So it wasn't just a result of mind altering plants.

Happens to me a lot too.

There is an actual reason for this having to do with conventional science, although I don't remember the exact explanation.

It appears I was wrong.  There is no known explanation.

Street Light Interference Phenomenon

Link Posted: 8/28/2012 5:21:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KN] [#2]
Damn. I have had this shit happen to me all my life. At first I thought it was my headlight adjustments on my car out of adjustment triggering the day/night sensor on the light. But it keeps happening in different vehicles...  Street lights constantly go out when I approach them.

Google brings up all kinds of info about this. I must be a wizard or something. Now I need somebody to teach me to use my power wisely.  Anyone?

Originally Posted By FordGuy:
???  every time our platoon in basic at ft. jackson would run past these lights they would all turn off, one by one, as we ran past.  Probably 40 guys in our unit at that time.  DIs told us they shut off so as not to blind us.  So you are saying this is BS?

I was wondering if anyone has experienced driving past street lights at night and that light then shuts off?

This happens to me constantly.

Interdasting that you should bring this up.  Back in middle school and high school, I'd be walking home from a friends house who lived about 20 minutes walk from me.  Many, many times, at night, I would be walking and the street lights would go out as I walked under them and then turn back on as I passed.  It wasn't every single light on my walk home, but it was enough lights, and happened enough different nights, that I always thought it was weird.  If it was a weekend night, I was almost guaranteed to be under the influence of something, and there wasn't much traffic on the road where it happened.  So that made it creepier.

That same road, I swear I saw about 4 people with white hoods on (not KKK hoods, just like sweatshirt hoods) run into the woods along the road, but they were sort of hopping.  I was wasted, and started freaking out and then began running.  It turned out to be some deer.  I was looking at their asses, and I thought it was people in white hoods.  Marijuana is funny.

For the record, the street lights thing happened many times when I was sober, too.  So it wasn't just a result of mind altering plants.

Happens to me a lot too.

There is an actual reason for this having to do with conventional science, although I don't remember the exact explanation.

It appears I was wrong.  There is no known explanation.

Street Light Interference Phenomenon

Link Posted: 8/28/2012 5:58:35 PM EDT
[#3]
This happened to me around 3 weeks ago. Was asleep, wife in the bed with me and I hear a phone ringing in the distance and it gets progressively louder. It was an old sounding phone with a real bell .I don't know if I was dreaming but I looked at the clock and it was 3:07. I looked away and looked back at my clock on the dresser and there was was a woman standing there with her back to me, bathed in light in my dark bedroom. I could not hear anything but it looked like she  was talking on a phone. Then she turns around, smiles and waves at me then disappears. Immediately after I start getting waves of chills starting at my feet and traveling up my body. The waves continued 3 or 4 times and stopped. Nothing i ever felt before. She was in color, wearing wearing vintage white horn rimmed glasses but I cant say I recognized her. Glasses were something you would see back in the 50's early 60's... Needless to say i was freaked out.

I asked my wife if she heard or saw anything. I related the story to her and said she didn't hear or see anything but should have woken her up.
Link Posted: 8/28/2012 6:23:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By KN:
Damn. I have had this shit happen to me all my life. At first I thought it was my headlight adjustments on my car out of adjustment triggering the day/night sensor on the light. But it keeps happening in different vehicles...  Street lights constantly go out when I approach them.

Google brings up all kinds of info about this. I must be a wizard or something. Now I need somebody to teach me to use my power wisely.  Anyone?

I possess the same power as you, and haven't figured out how to harness it yet.  I walked by an ATM and tried to get money to fly out of it, but nothing happened.

Link Posted: 8/28/2012 7:44:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Also, when I open the refridgerator, I summon the power of the sun to illuminate the interior.  Damnedest thing!
Link Posted: 8/28/2012 7:49:28 PM EDT
[#6]
The story of Angry Nancy reminded me of something WildBoar left out of his doppelganger stories.......the first go-round he mentioned that the people who'd seen *him* commented on how angrily he looked at them.  

Stepping back into my box now.      

Link Posted: 8/28/2012 9:18:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I still live at home (22, work for my father etc)  Family of 5.  

Our house is pretty old for the area, 1878 or so I believe is the date my father related to me.  One night when I was 10 or 11 and just starting to stay home alone, up late of course, I was at the bottom of the stair case between the 1st and 2nd floor.  I saw a flash at the top of the stairs,  so as I go for the light on the stair it does NOT work.  I remember trying it three times as a small silhouette was peeking around the corner at the top of the stairs.  I freaked out, ran out of the house and to the neighbor's house where I stood until my parents came home 10 minutes later.  It was only 9pm and I was still panicking/obviously shook up, as I relayed my story to my parents my father told me he had seen something similar the week before (we had just moved in less then 2 weeks before)  What was creepy was that the light was on when we entered the house, it was 100% off/dysfunctional when I ran to the neighbor.

There were numerous occasions from then on where myself and my two siblings would often get a chill on my back at the top of the stairs, there's a family room right there with a big ole' Tv and a nice comfy couch.  It seemed like it would only happen when you were alone.

Fast forward with a few sightings from my parents thinking it was myself, sister, or brother when we were all not home (i.e. my mother would ask if I was coming down for dinner, too which my father would reply "Nicks at soccer with Alyssa and Zach is sleeping over (whomever) house" ) So on and so forth.

We got a white male German shepherd 5 years ago, he bonded alot with my younger brother.  Slept in the same room and all, keep in mind he's 18 now so Zach was only 13 or 14 at the time.  Well, ill be damned if the dog wouldn't wake up growling and barking with the most malicious tone I've ever heard one or more times a week at 2-3am.  When I asked my brother about it, he said it was weird, the dog would get very close to him and freak out with his hair up and teeth showing/snapping in one corner of the room.  The dog would do this until Zach settled him down and told him it was okay multiple times.  

My father got curious after the 10+time this happened and did some googling and contacting of the previous owner of the house.  They had THE SAME experiences but assured my father the ghost was friendly.  We think its a she, turns out a young girl (8) died of pneumonia in the house in 1894.  

I was deeply in love with my high school sweetheart (still in high school at the time)  and we had the house to ourselves for a few hours one fine summer afternoon.  Beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky, not a breeze to be had.  We were talking about the ghost girl, as she had stood over for dinner and was given a quick synapses of the events.  She called b/s and I told her a more intimate story where I honestly believed my manhood was "fondled" the week before by said ghost during my sleep, it literally woke me up in the middle of the night, with a locked door and everything.

Here's where shit got serious.  We fooled around and got to doing what 17-18year old kids do (afternoon delight duh).  My door was closed tight, as in locked and everything, we only have window a/c units and who wants to get THAT sweaty?  The door magically unlocked and managed to open 12inches or so before SLAMMING shut with a force I couldn't duplicate.  Needless to say we got a little freaked out and looked around the house, all doors were closed and the only car around was my own.  She was a believer from then on, and also terrified of sleeping over and didn't do so for the remaining 3+years we dated.

She hasnt been seen since  

Another one from my kid days.

We have an old abandoned asylum in town,  its actually like a small town sized plot of land.  The cool thing to do was to go there at night and sleepover.  The asylum was full of gruesome stories from the 70's of mistreated freak patients with horrible deformities and whatnot.  

I was on the varsity soccer team and a sophmore at the time.  I suggested that a couple of kids in the "cool kid" circle of the team didnt have the balls to do it,  I was quickly assured otherwise and it was decided we would do so that weekend.  

Friday came around and we snuck in (past state police who patrol it)  A few of the houses on the lower end of the property are used by the department of Child safety/battered woman etc.  We worked our way to and into the asylum but could only get into one room,  we set up our "camp" but myself and another kid weren't satisfied.  We dragged another kid along with us (5 of us went up in total) and did a more thorough scout of the perimeter.  We got to the front and started peaking in all the basement level windows, it was a weird/bright night.  You could clearly see the dust on the floor, the door-less hinges on the walls and evidence that the place was impregnable minus that one back room.  While looking into one of the windows with another kid I noticed a rope pull chain for a light swing, as it swung a 2nd time I alerted the kid one window down from me, as he got to the window the chord was pulled and the light turned on right in front of our eyes less then 10 feet away and through one sheet of glass, all the while the 3rd kid watched from 5ft behind us.  We crapped our pants as we looked on the floor covered in a 1/4inch of dust with not a footprint to be seen with the chain swinging in the air  We ran and grabbed the other two boys and got the F outta there.  Convinced that it was indeed haunted and we did NOT need to stay the night.

Link Posted: 8/28/2012 9:24:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I will have you bastiches know I am working late in my office and reading some of this stuff while on a break.  My office is in the administrative area of a hanger originally built by the Navy in 1929 and later turned over to the Air National Guard.  To say it is a bit creepy at night at times without reading stuff like this is an understatement.  Almost all of the lights are off and all it would take is for one of my guys to pop around the corner into my office and yell BOO and I would be dead right here.  

Link Posted: 8/28/2012 11:28:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By KN:

I possess the same power as you, and haven't figured out how to harness it yet.  I walked by an ATM and tried to get money to fly out of it, but nothing happened.

You have to be a level 25 slider or above to get money to fly out of ATM machines when you walk past.

At the lower levels, all you get are street lights that turn on and off.
Link Posted: 8/28/2012 11:30:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6gunfighter2] [#10]
Originally Posted By RWC57:
This happened to me around 3 weeks ago. Was asleep, wife in the bed with me and I hear a phone ringing in the distance and it gets progressively louder. It was an old sounding phone with a real bell .I don't know if I was dreaming but I looked at the clock and it was 3:07. I looked away and looked back at my clock on the dresser and there was was a woman standing there with her back to me, bathed in light in my dark bedroom. I could not hear anything but it looked like she  was talking on a phone. Then she turns around, smiles and waves at me then disappears. Immediately after I start getting waves of chills starting at my feet and traveling up my body. The waves continued 3 or 4 times and stopped. Nothing i ever felt before. She was in color, wearing wearing vintage white horn rimmed glasses but I cant say I recognized her. Glasses were something you would see back in the 50's early 60's... Needless to say i was freaked out.

I asked my wife if she heard or saw anything. I related the story to her and said she didn't hear or see anything but should have woken her up.

Area bilocation.

Caused by a temporary wrinkle in the space time continuum.

Years ago, in 1960, a woman was talking on the phone one day when she suddenly had a weird experience in which she saw someone's bedroom at night appear to her, and there were these weird futuristic looking
things which she had never seen before, like digital alarm clocks.

She told her husband about the weird experience, but they just shrugged it off, and went to watch GUNSMOKE on TV.
Link Posted: 8/28/2012 11:46:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Around 90 or 91 I lived in a house not far from Worlds of Fun, the master bedroom had a walk in closet with no doors.

While I was lying in bed one night with the closet light on a black shadow head popped out from the side of the closet, it then stepped out from the side and ran at me then dove straight into my chest, it felt like ice water hit me then radiated out thru my body from my chest. I tried to squeal like a bitch but nothing came out. I know I was awake but convinced myself I was asleep, until I seen a episode of the show sightings that described  exactly what I seen.

My sister previously lived there and told me afterwards of chairs rocking on their own and windows that you couldn't hardly open would slam closed.

The house I live in now has some crazy shit happening now and then, maybe one day I'll post more stories here.
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 1:13:51 AM EDT
[#12]

The streetlight phenomena isn't as common as we might suppose from anecdotal accounts.  Yes, it happens to most of us... but think of all the streetlights we pass every day that don't go out that we don't think twice about - we just tend to place a lot of emphasis on the ones that do...

Link Posted: 8/29/2012 2:01:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Back in 76 I was at Ft. Knox. If you have ever seen the movie Stripes with Bill Murray than the EnDoc where  they get off the bus is where I did a lot of work. And right behind that is my old barracks.

One morning coming into the barracks from work. My buddy and Myself went to the showers to wash some of the Kentucky humidity off. As we stepped into the head we both noticed a Black Man sitting on the latrine floor buck naked. All we could see was his back but his skin had a pasty white look to it. I told my buddy "I think that guy is dead?" My friend said "Yeah, no shit?"

Just than the guy turns his head in Super Slow Motion and looks at the both of us. Now imagine it's 6am Saturday morning. There's 3 naked guys in a latrine and only two towels and one of the guys looks dead. Plus there's a Brother upstairs playing Don't Go Breaking My Heart by Elton John/Kiki Dee on his Boom Box (home stereo system you carried on your shoulder for those born after 1980) 24/7 . Oh yeah. The shit has gotten real, real fast.

That as close to the Gey as I ever wanted to get. Thank God I wasn't thinking about that at the time. -Back to the story-

The guy turns his head and looks at the two of us. And this fuck ain't got any freakin eyes. I was 6' and 200 at the time. The guy next to me was a Samoan who was just huge. 6'3" 260 all muscle. His scream was so high pitch I think every dog in 20 miles is still deaf. I damn near jumped through the fucken roof. He was still screaming when I reached the other end of the barracks and the Sgt. meet me as I ran him down as I busted out the door.

My Sarg calmed me down and I quickly told me what we saw as we went running back inside to the still screaming friend. Who now was running full speed at us. The Sgt. got the fool stopped and said we were all going to go back and check it out. The Samoan said hell no and ran out the door. Of course by this time the whole barracks was up and wanted to know who's ass was getting kicked. Than found out about a dead guy so now there was 40 guys to check this out.

We get to the latrine and Nothing. Nada. But-kiss. Our two towels were on the floor. There was a big puddle of piss where my friend had stood. But no dead guy. No one had left the way Tiny and me had gone which by the way was the long way. But even if he had left through the door next to the latrine (which I had totally forgot about in my Olympic dash), another buddy had come in through it shortly after Tiny had taken off. And he did not see anyone.

And this guy did not belong in our barracks or any of the surrounding barracks as we knew most everyone.

Later that afternoon I whispered to Tiny that the repeated playing of "Don't Go Breaking My Heart" is what drew the Zombie to our barracks. Tiny walked upstairs and asked the guy to stop playing the song. The guy said no. So Tiny smashed to Boom Box.

No one other than Tiny and me ever saw this thing. I don't know what it was or why it was there. But I was sober and so was Tiny.

Ed
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 2:44:43 AM EDT
[#14]
I was a teenager in NJ getting gas at a station in the middle of the day.  I was sitting in my truck while the attendant was at my window waiting to get paid.  A bright red car that looked brand spanking new pulled up, only it was a roadster from the 20's or so.  The car was impeccably waxed, the top was down and it contained a lady as the sole person in the car.  This lady had to be in her 90's, her complexion was white as a ghost, she had long white hair and was dressed in a white lace gown.  Her face was wrinkled like a walnut and her eyes were dark as coal.  She pulled up about 15 feet away from my truck and we both stared at her.  She looked at us and asked "Is this where I get my driver's license?"  The station attendant paused and said "No."  Without a word, she pulled out of station and drove down the road.  We looked at each other wide eyed and I had to ask myself what the hell just happened.  It was like seeing a ghost in broad daylight.
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 3:51:51 AM EDT
[#15]

[/quote]
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/14/QWnXov0Ebk2SkIZTMBSiyQ2.gif
[/quote]

omfg I laughed so hard watching that hahahahaaa
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 3:52:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hughjafj] [#16]
Ok, maybe explainable but I don't know.

We spent the week of the 12th visiting Fredericksburg, Chancellorsville, Spotsylvania, the Wilderness, Yorktown, Richmond, and ended as always in Gettysburg.

While sitting in the car on the road near the 20th Maine monument on the road that travels the shoulder between Round Top and Little Round Top, I switched from a union forage cap to a Richmond Grey forage cap ( Yeah, I'm a dork who wears that stuff at battlefields ) . Without me seeing anything my wife asked me if I saw that. I asked her what she saw.

She was looking up at the 20th maine memorial waiting for our kids to walk down the trail and saw a shape of a human head pop out from behind a tree right next to our truck and then pop back behind it.

Right as I was switching kepis. Could it have been a ghost wondering why the hell I was switching to the other sides' kepi?
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 9:21:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By kar98k:

The streetlight phenomena isn't as common as we might suppose from anecdotal accounts.  Yes, it happens to most of us... but think of all the streetlights we pass every day that don't go out that we don't think twice about - we just tend to place a lot of emphasis on the ones that do...

that's like saying, the bigfoots you see aren't that uncommon, because you never notice the ones you don't see.  LOL.
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 9:38:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By ffcol:
I was a teenager in NJ getting gas at a station in the middle of the day.  I was sitting in my truck while the attendant was at my window waiting to get paid.  A bright red car that looked brand spanking new pulled up, only it was a roadster from the 20's or so.  The car was impeccably waxed, the top was down and it contained a lady as the sole person in the car.  This lady had to be in her 90's, her complexion was white as a ghost, she had long white hair and was dressed in a white lace gown.  Her face was wrinkled like a walnut and her eyes were dark as coal.  She pulled up about 15 feet away from my truck and we both stared at her.  She looked at us and asked "Is this where I get my driver's license?"  The station attendant paused and said "No."  Without a word, she pulled out of station and drove down the road.  We looked at each other wide eyed and I had to ask myself what the hell just happened.  It was like seeing a ghost in broad daylight.

Back in 75, my younger brother Jim and I were at Les Schwab in Hood River, We were there getting new tires on my Dad's truck and just hanging around out front when a cherry 69 Boss 302 rolls up. We're thinking an older guy is driving it as the Sun is blasting the windshield so you can't see inside it. Bam! Out jumps this Lady that can't be a day under 60.

Walks by my brother and me and says "Sweet ain't it" Like a Boss.

She definitely was alive and she wasn't to bad looking either.

Ed

Link Posted: 8/29/2012 10:49:57 PM EDT
[#19]

Someone should point a video camera at a streetlight that goes out and see how many times it cycles with nobody nearby.
My guess is either a photo sensor that's too sensitive or a problem causing the light to shut off when it gets hot, stay off until it cools, and cycle like that continuously.
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 11:00:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Play "Slender"

You will freak out.
Link Posted: 8/30/2012 12:31:51 AM EDT
[#21]

that's like saying, the bigfoots you see aren't that uncommon, because you never notice the ones you don't see.  LOL.

By that logic since I've never seen a bigfoot and nobody I know has either - they must be quite common around here, but well-camouflaged...

It's more like saying something along the lines of "every traffic signal I came to for the past month has been red."  Hyperbole based on selectively remembering one result of a random phenomenon.  

Link Posted: 8/30/2012 4:52:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By RDTCU:
Play "Slender"

You will freak out.

Looks interesting. I don't know about freaking out though.
Link Posted: 8/30/2012 5:05:47 AM EDT
[#23]

By that logic since I've never seen a bigfoot and nobody I know has either - they must be quite common around here, but well-camouflaged...

It's more like saying something along the lines of "every traffic signal I came to for the past month has been red."  Hyperbole based on selectively remembering one result of a random phenomenon.  

Yup.

Link Posted: 8/30/2012 7:52:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#24]
Originally Posted By baronthered:
Originally Posted By RDTCU:
Play "Slender"

You will freak out.

Looks interesting. I don't know about freaking out though.

The more pages you get, the closer he follows you.  He never moves in frame, but it made me jump a couple times
Link Posted: 8/30/2012 6:17:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By RWC57:

Area bilocation.

Caused by a temporary wrinkle in the space time continuum.

Years ago, in 1960, a woman was talking on the phone one day when she suddenly had a weird experience in which she saw someone's bedroom at night appear to her, and there were these weird futuristic looking
things which she had never seen before, like digital alarm clocks.

She told her husband about the weird experience, but they just shrugged it off, and went to watch GUNSMOKE on TV.

Now that is some funny shit.....
Link Posted: 9/1/2012 7:58:54 PM EDT
[#26]

Originally Posted By OnlineAllTheTime:

The story of Angry Nancy reminded me of something WildBoar left out of his doppelganger stories.......the first go-round he mentioned that the people who'd seen *him* commented on how angrily he looked at them.  

Sorry I didnt mention it in the short version. I just wanted to keep it quick but yeah the others said "I" looked pissed off or agitated.

Now this Angry Nancy story, link?

Link Posted: 9/1/2012 9:17:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By WildBoar:

Originally Posted By OnlineAllTheTime:

Sorry I didnt mention it in the short version. I just wanted to keep it quick but yeah the others said "I" looked pissed off or agitated.

Now this Angry Nancy story, link?

It's M1-Ed's story from the previous page.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 10:42:18 PM EDT
[#28]

Any more creepiness?
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 10:51:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Had a waking dream last night. At least thats what i think its called. Woke up groggy as hell and swore i saw a blury version of the things from the tool music video for schism. Bout six foot five. Naked. Just staring down at me and my wife from the doorway. Blinked and it was gone. Promptly went back to bed.

The big guys. Guess i need to stop listening to my late night Tool.
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 10:59:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By thepalerider68:
Had a waking dream last night. At least thats what i think its called. Woke up groggy as hell and swore i saw a blury version of the things from the tool music video for schism. Bout six foot five. Naked. Just staring down at me and my wife from the doorway. Blinked and it was gone. Promptly went back to bed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhjG47gtMCo&feature=related

Probably that thing in your avatar coming to get you.
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 12:21:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By thepalerider68:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhjG47gtMCo&feature=related

Probably that thing in your avatar coming to get you.

I've been... watching you.

Link Posted: 9/13/2012 3:48:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: baronthered] [#32]
Tried posting a couple pics of the dent in my door. try again this weekend. Too tired.
Link Posted: 9/21/2012 6:48:34 AM EDT
[#33]
WTF?

Does creepy stuff stop happening in the fall???

Link Posted: 9/21/2012 10:46:23 AM EDT
[#34]
My dad told me this story about me when i was a wee baby.  He said I had a high fever for a few days and it was questionable what was going to happen with me.  He said everyone was praying and the next time he went to check on me there was an aura/angel above my crib.  My fever broke and i lived to tell the story...
Link Posted: 9/21/2012 4:39:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By iasc300ia:
I got a true story, its not about ghosts and all that but it is pretty creepy.

Knoxville, IA Veterans Affairs Hospital (Now Closed)

My backyard was the Knoxville VA when we were growing up.

I spent a lot of time on the grounds.
Link Posted: 9/21/2012 4:49:47 PM EDT
[#36]
You never go down into Wooly's swamp
Link Posted: 9/30/2012 8:21:14 PM EDT
[#37]

Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

You never go down into Wooly's swamp

Definitely not at night.

Link Posted: 9/30/2012 8:29:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 7:37:21 PM EDT
[#39]

Honey Boo Boo?

Ed

Link Posted: 10/2/2012 10:35:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EasTexan] [#40]
This thread is over a year old! Awesome thread is awesome...and creepy.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 1:52:58 AM EDT
[#41]
This happened somewhere in idaho. its was dark. In a roadtrip with my parents. We just left a gas station. Maybe 9pm. Im reading a book on my smart phone. See a truck pull out in front of us. We pull up to a train crossing first in line. My mom says "wha?" I look up. "whered that truck go?" We both confirm the details of a late 70s  chevy with a camper  pickup that is now nowhere to be seen and nowhere to go. A truck whose lights and everything I saw out of the corner of my eye. Who we both id'ed but is not there.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 2:46:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Our family went to the Pro-Bowl game at the King Dome in Seattle in 1977. After the game we went to Ivar's where we met the members of the Oakland Raiders that had played and had dinner with them. Afterwards we returned to my Older Brother Tom's van which was parked under the Hwy 99 elevated highway.

The van was only a year old and ran fine. We got into it and it started right up. We drove under the elevated road for a hundred yards or so to the closet exit which was also a railway crossing. There were no crossing arms or lights. There were a lot of cars and trucks parked all over so we took our time looking down the tracks before my Brother started across them. There were two tracks and just as we straddled the first track the van died.

It didn't cough or sputter. It just died. Being late at night it was pitch black and the lights had also gone out. No lights on the dash. Zip. So I hopped out and checked to make sure that the cables were on the battery. Yep. Nice and tight. Plug wires on nice and tight. Ground wire on starter. Yes. We had just filled the gas tank before we got to the stadium so it wasn't empty. So the battery has to be dead? Grab a pair of pliers from the back of the van and short across the post. Nope! It's got a nice kick.

After about 5-10 minutes of this bullshit I'm thinking I hear a noise over the traffic. Yep. A train is coming. Well were not getting Dad out of there in a hurray so Big Brother puts the van in Neutral and I push it back off the tracks.

Funny thing is I get it about 20-25 feet back of the tracks and the dash lights come on. So Tom tries the key and it fires right up. After the train past, we drove up to the tracks looked both ways again than drove across. No problems.

My Brother never had another problem with that van until his wife drove it into the ass end of another car.

Ed

ps: any errors in spelling or puncuation are someone else's falut.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 1:22:38 PM EDT
[#43]

Cat walking on your keyboard again?

Not so much  creepy as just strange. I was driving north on I-5 in California, must've been near Firebaugh, in my '64 VW bug. The gas pedal started slapping myfoot. Not just vibrating, but slapping my foot. I thought something must have been caught in the engine well but there was nothing there at all. And the gas control wire is pretty much hidden from anything that can get to it.. .pretty much encased.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 8:52:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By FrankSymptoms:

Not so much  creehttp://ar15.com/py as just strange. I was driving north on I-5 in California, must've been near Firebaugh, in my '64 VW bug. The gas pedal started slapping myfoot. Not just vibrating, but slapping my foot. I thought something must have been caught in the engine well but there was nothing there at all. And the gas control wire is pretty much hidden from anything that can get to it.. .pretty much encased.

My dag Elvis was laying on my chest at the time.

btw:

The throttle return springs on those old Bug's snapped easier than a used match sticks.

I used to carry a couple with me when I was an LEO. There were some Nurses and 911 Dispatchers that drove them. Plus every once in a while some unlucky person would be stranded.

I didn't like to work on them. My older Brother was the expert on them.

Ed
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 2:29:30 PM EDT
[#45]

Not so much  creehttp://ar15.com/py as just strange. I was driving north on I-5 in California, must've been near Firebaugh, in my '64 VW bug. The gas pedal started slapping myfoot. Not just vibrating, but slapping my foot. I thought something must have been caught in the engine well but there was nothing there at all. And the gas control wire is pretty much hidden from anything that can get to it.. .pretty much encased.

btw:

The throttle return springs on those old Bug's snapped easier than a used match sticks.

I used to carry a couple with me when I was an LEO. There were some Nurses and 911 Dispatchers that drove them. Plus every once in a while some unlucky person would be stranded.

Ed

Good of you to carry them for other people! I personally never had a problem with it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 6:12:23 PM EDT
[#46]

btw:

Ed

Good of you to carry them for other people! I personally never had a problem with it.

Had to make one out of a Paper Clip once for a friend that had a 67 Bug back in High School in 75. I think it might still be on there.

Ed
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 6:59:48 AM EDT
[#47]
I've lived in this house for ten years and in the beginning used to consistently see a shadow low to the ground, moving quickly in the hallway outside of my bedroom.  I figured it was an animal ghost and it eventually went away.  

From time to time in the first few years, smoke alarms would randomly go off in the middle of the night.  I changed all batteries & cleaned the dust out of them.  Nothing for a few years other than an occasional weird feeling on the side of the house by my room.

About a month ago, I was in my room in the afternoon and shut off the light before leaving it.  Immediately my fear response went off and I could not get out of that room quickly enough.  Later that day, nothing.

Last night, 2:52 a.m.   The smoke alarm right outside of my room starts going off.  Immediately the smoke detector in the unused bedroom starts going off.  I jump out of bed, rip them both out of the ceiling and check the house to see if there is any smoke.  Nope.  Took me a good thirty minutes to get back to sleep & the cat was freaked out for about fifteen minutes.

It seems odd to me that two smoke detectors separated by a doorway & about four feet apart would both go off without the presence of any smoke.  

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 7:06:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Blaculo:
I've lived in this house for ten years and in the beginning used to consistently see a shadow low to the ground, moving quickly in the hallway outside of my bedroom.  I figured it was an animal ghost and it eventually went away.  

From time to time in the first few years, smoke alarms would randomly go off in the middle of the night.  I changed all batteries & cleaned the dust out of them.  Nothing for a few years other than an occasional weird feeling on the side of the house by my room.

About a month ago, I was in my room in the afternoon and shut off the light before leaving it.  Immediately my fear response went off and I could not get out of that room quickly enough.  Later that day, nothing.

Last night, 2:52 a.m.   The smoke alarm right outside of my room starts going off.  Immediately the smoke detector in the unused bedroom starts going off.  I jump out of bed, rip them both out of the ceiling and check the house to see if there is any smoke.  Nope.  Took me a good thirty minutes to get back to sleep & the cat was freaked out for about fifteen minutes.

It seems odd to me that two smoke detectors separated by a doorway & about four feet apart would both go off without the presence of any smoke.  

Electrical problem.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 7:20:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Blaculo] [#49]

Originally Posted By Blacktide:

Electrical problem.

Could very well be.  There was another smoke detector in the bathroom, also four feet away that did not make a peep.

As I sat here thinking about it, the second smoke detector was not plugged into the AC at all.  I had disconnected it after the last time & just stuck it back in the ceiling.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 10:39:02 AM EDT
[#50]
WTF?

Does creepy stuff stop happening in the fall???

No, it just stays dark longer.
Page / 149
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top