Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 149
Link Posted: 7/18/2012 10:13:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Hi there,
JacobusRex informed me that he posted a snippet of my word doc on here in a Creepy thread and that a few of you had questions about it.  I'll post the section just before my description so you know where to look on google maps; I'd post the whole thing but MS Word says that my entire word doc is a little over 3 full print pages and that'd just be a giant wall of text here.

...Everything so far has been very normal, I had my shower, my breakfast and have been awake for a little over an hour, the time would have to be somewhere between 5:20 and 5:50 am, school started officially and 7:30 am but I was in the marching band and the band director demanded everyone be ready to play before the first bell rang.  I have always liked to be early and was usually at school around 7:00-7:20 am so I could finish up any homework or just goof off and b.s. with friends.  However, this morning I was leaving extra early for school to give myself plenty of time to browse through wal-mart and buy a can of silver spray paint for an art project I was trying to finish up.

So that’s my morning routine I just performed it a little earlier than usual.  Now before we continue this memory, let me tell you where about this is all happened.  I used to live in a sub-division on Lake Livingston in Polk County on a road commonly known as scenic loop or as Google maps calls it fm3277.  This sub-division is just a short stone’s throw away from a volunteer fire department.  At the time of this incident there weren’t any buildings between the fire department and the next subdivision down from it, Commodore Cape.  There has now been built a bar and cheap rental housing built between these two land marks.  There was an area of thick and dense woods between the fire department building and the entrance to the Commodore Cape sub-division.  Just before you get to the vfd building, there is a building on the left hand side of the road (west side of the road) if you are heading N on scenic loop.  This building currently has cream aluminum siding and red trim, just past this building is gradual bend in the road with dense wooded area on the east and west side of the road and the road bend does not end until just past the vfd.  Now that I’ve got the geography of the area straight I’ll proceed with my memory as I now recall it.  I was foolish for not writing this down 15 some-odd years ago.

So I’m leaving the house and getting into my car, after having thrown my pack into the passenger seat.  I sit down turn the key on and while I wait for all the little blinky lights on the dash to go out I close the door and buckle up.  I fired up the willing engine responding with a roar, and made my way up the drive way and out of the neighborhood.  I turned left onto scenic loop and drive in the dark early morning hours of the day.  

As I pass by the fire department and my headlights...

and you guys know the rest.
Link Posted: 7/18/2012 12:26:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By TechGal26:
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:
Originally Posted By KS_Physicist:

Originally Posted By TechGal26:
This is one that happened recently and that I am willing to tell.  

What do you mean you talked to the janitor?  He died several months ago in a storm...

Not to make light of her story..........but the above made me laugh.

TechGal......has he made any remarks that would make you think there are actually no trees at all?  If not, ask him.
 I had to think on that a bit, but remembered a time where he asked my help to dig out the hose to water the trees as the sprinkler system failed.  So there are some trees; it's just that the ones at the far edge of the property that I see keep disappearing.    
I went by to snap some pictures, and two more aren't there.  I was planning to walk over to where the last two were and inspect a little; maybe even take a few photos, but I got there later than I planned to and with it getting dark and being by myself I wasn't willing to get out of the truck.  

~Seeing into the past was mentioned to me at one point when discussing this, don't know what to make of it as I haven't really looked into it much.

Well try and get back and snap some pics before they all disappear.  Keep us updated.  I've never heard anything like this, so I'm really intrigued.

Originally Posted By Ox6603:
Those trees died violent deaths. It is your job to find out who killed them and why so they can rest in peace.

Maybe she's the "Tree Whisperer"?

Link Posted: 7/19/2012 2:37:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Dangit. I take one day off doing crap for Mom the Commander and all kinds of great stories get told on here.

TechGal, I've been doing research on trees that go missing but haven't come up with anything yet. Also could you post some of the pics of where the trees used to be? Not being funny about it. But maybe a rogue Nursery using the place as a Mid-Nite supplier? It doesn't take anytime for them to come in with that tree picker and BAM!

Profit!

Maybe the Janitor is also in on it? Occam's razor!

scurvycrow: Great story about the thing in the road. Can you do a MSPaint of it? That would help. I would do it but I have a Genetic Defect. Every Male in my family tree has no Artistic Ability.

Well since the conversation has turned to Demons being invited into your res. I will have to go back through the thread to see if I already told the tale of the Devil visiting me one night. And he was not invited. And I do not play with Ouija boards.

Ed

Link Posted: 7/19/2012 4:26:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scurvycrow] [#4]

I can't get the image tag to work, so I'll just post a link to it.

http://scurvycrow.deviantart.com/art/Critter-315721437

I drew this in about 3-5 minutes on my IPad.  Not great (ok it's f'ing terrible), but gives you a good sense of the shape and how the thing was standing.

A mad man sees what he sees, and this I saw.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 5:27:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Half-Breed] [#5]
Originally Posted By scurvycrow:

I drew this in about 3-5 minutes on my IPad.  Not great (ok it's f'ing terrible), but gives you a good sense of the shape and how the thing was standing.

I actually think that's a pretty cool drawing, to be honest.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 5:30:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Hi there,
JacobusRex informed me that he posted a snippet of my word doc on here in a Creepy thread and that a few of you had questions about it.  I'll post the section just before my description so you know where to look on google maps; I'd post the whole thing but MS Word says that my entire word doc is a little over 3 full print pages and that'd just be a giant wall of text here.

...Everything so far has been very normal, I had my shower, my breakfast and have been awake for a little over an hour, the time would have to be somewhere between 5:20 and 5:50 am, school started officially and 7:30 am but I was in the marching band and the band director demanded everyone be ready to play before the first bell rang.  I have always liked to be early and was usually at school around 7:00-7:20 am so I could finish up any homework or just goof off and b.s. with friends.  However, this morning I was leaving extra early for school to give myself plenty of time to browse through wal-mart and buy a can of silver spray paint for an art project I was trying to finish up.

So that’s my morning routine I just performed it a little earlier than usual.  Now before we continue this memory, let me tell you where about this is all happened.  I used to live in a sub-division on Lake Livingston in Polk County on a road commonly known as scenic loop or as Google maps calls it fm3277.  This sub-division is just a short stone’s throw away from a volunteer fire department.  At the time of this incident there weren’t any buildings between the fire department and the next subdivision down from it, Commodore Cape.  There has now been built a bar and cheap rental housing built between these two land marks.  There was an area of thick and dense woods between the fire department building and the entrance to the Commodore Cape sub-division.  Just before you get to the vfd building, there is a building on the left hand side of the road (west side of the road) if you are heading N on scenic loop.  This building currently has cream aluminum siding and red trim, just past this building is gradual bend in the road with dense wooded area on the east and west side of the road and the road bend does not end until just past the vfd.  Now that I’ve got the geography of the area straight I’ll proceed with my memory as I now recall it.  I was foolish for not writing this down 15 some-odd years ago.

So I’m leaving the house and getting into my car, after having thrown my pack into the passenger seat.  I sit down turn the key on and while I wait for all the little blinky lights on the dash to go out I close the door and buckle up.  I fired up the willing engine responding with a roar, and made my way up the drive way and out of the neighborhood.  I turned left onto scenic loop and drive in the dark early morning hours of the day.  

Six years for your first post?

Now THAT is creepy!!!

Link Posted: 7/19/2012 5:43:58 PM EDT
[#7]
So do you think it was an alien or something else?
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 6:48:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/201/5/6/critter_by_scurvycrow-d57z07x.png

I actually think that's a pretty cool drawing, to be honest.

Bah...I've seen one of those before...

Link Posted: 7/19/2012 8:06:08 PM EDT
[#9]
@tantrix
Ms... Ms... There is, some... thing... on, the wing.  However the similarities are uncanny, that's quite creepy.

@djbradley
As far as Alien or something else, man I don't know?  My take on aliens is if they came to this backwoods planet of ours for a pick-nick we probably wouldn't see them wondering around naked.  They'd probably have tech to take pictures, belt, tools, something and this thing was naked and possibly holding a lifeless rabbit.

I questioned whether or not I ever saw the thing after I first saw it, but when JacobusRex started talking about some off the wall Bigfoot hunter shows he'd been watching the memory flooded back to me, and well dreams don't do that for me so I'm guessing I either hallucinated it or really did see it, only problem with hallucinating it is that I've never taken anything that was psycho-active, never did any illegal drugs or anything like that, I was a stereotypical gamer teen.  Reel or not, I remember the entire morning of that day up until after I closed the door and drove on, past that I can't remember anything other than being outside during art class spray painting my phantom of the Oprah mask silver, I can also tell you that I was wearing a pair of blue jean shorts and a pair of nine hole Dr. Martins boots that were untied that day.  I keep asking myself If this was a hallucination, how can I remember so many details about that day?

@NY_Shooter, thanks for the compliment.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 8:15:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I work with scurvycrow.  However, before I worked with him, I worked for a man that lived in the subdivision down the road from scurycrow.  He saw a very similar thing on the same road.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 10:11:07 PM EDT
[#11]

I've got two words for you: trunk gun... a big one, with lots of ammo
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 2:20:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By M1-Ed:
Dangit. I take one day off doing crap for Mom the Commander and all kinds of great stories get told on here.

TechGal, I've been doing research on trees that go missing but haven't come up with anything yet. Also could you post some of the pics of where the trees used to be? Not being funny about it. But maybe a rogue Nursery using the place as a Mid-Nite supplier? It doesn't take anytime for them to come in with that tree picker and BAM!

Profit!

scurvycrow: Great story about the thing in the road. Can you do a MSPaint of it? That would help. I would do it but I have a Genetic Defect. Every Male in my family tree has no Artistic Ability.

Well since the conversation has turned to Demons being invited into your res. I will have to go back through the thread to see if I already told the tale of the Devil visiting me one night. And he was not invited. And I do not play with Ouija boards.

Ed

That wasn't the devil. It was the IRS.
Link Posted: 7/21/2012 1:54:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By FrankSymptoms:
Originally Posted By M1-Ed:

Profit!

Ed

That wasn't the devil. It was the IRS.

You don't want to know about that! Freaking brain has been screwing up on me a lot the past few years due to a long ago injury. Now it's killing me.

Ed

Link Posted: 7/21/2012 2:20:17 AM EDT
[#14]

First off. Great drawing. I'd still be trying to draw a straight line. And it would end up looking like Picasso did it.

Now I'm not going to say it's Alien only because animal legs bend somewhat the same way.

The hind limb bones of a deer [left], dog [middle], and badger [right] are shown in the drawing above. These designs are called unguligrade ["hoof-walking"], digitigrade ["toe-walking"], and plantigrade ["sole-walking"], respectively. The badger is mainly a walker and seldom runs, while the deer is a highly-adapted runner. The dog is in-between. Humans are also plantigrade walkers, wherein the heel hits the ground first.

Also I have seen other drawings similar to yours of creatures and this is why I do not think it is an Alien. But I do know that you should know TWO things if you ever see one again.

1... Have a fast car.
2... Have lots of ammo in a large caliber

Ed

the Photo and Text the quote above are from this web site.
Link Posted: 7/21/2012 2:29:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: demolitio] [#15]
I swear, this place knows when to mess with me the most. I've posted a lot of my stories in another ghost thread and could never find it to copy over here but there's been A LOT of shit in this house even though it was new when we moved in, but the land is old Shawnee territory and we the park behind us used to be full of arrowheads when we explored as a kid since all the construction and digging brought the artifacts to the surface. Don't know if it relates to any of my experiences but a little history never hurts. Hell, apparently I'm related to Blue Jacket which was always fascinating to me (although there's confusion around it all so I guess I might not be) and we have an old quilt from my great-great-grandmother who was part of a tribe and the thing always creeped me out. It's actually the symbol for peace which so happens to be a backwards swastika which was really hard to explain to the black cable guy that saw it last year...

Anyway, I was watching a show about demons and kind of joking in my mind that I must be cursed to get all these medical problems since they talked about it on the show. Of course, I was COMPLETELY joking and it was only in my mind for a few when I decide to go upstairs. Halfway up, the hall lights start flickering like crazy and the one in view went completely out after the intense flickering which was followed by a very loud bang in my room where I just so happened to be on my way to. I decided to give it a cooldown and go back downstairs because the timing of it all was so fucking creepy that I needed to calm down and write it off as a coincidence since I was thinking in my head about demons just as I was going up. Then I stand out in the kitchen to stop my heart from bursting and could see the hall lights were completely fine (no power problems at the time either) and the noises stopped. When my mom went up (24 but living back with her due to the medical problems from the Air Force), I followed her and told her about it when she went into her room and she just kind of laughed since we're used to weird shit happening, but then I mention what I just watched and how weird the timing was and the light started flickering again, then stopped until I took one step out of her room and it started again while she's laughing hysterically since we've all had some weird shit.

That same loud bang can be heard above the bathroom anytime I'm in there after 2 A.M. no matter what I'm doing or what's on, but it didn't creep me out as some of the other experiences. My mom has seen a little girl that ran from her, my dad has seen a ball of light floating across their room so he pretended to be asleep (now he denies it like a true man), my mom has had her hair pulled in the shower that's nothing like any normal shower, she hears running across the hallway when she goes upstairs sometimes as if someone is charging at her and then it starts making noises in her bathroom, she's heard someone whisper "good job" in her ear when she was leaving her room one night, I've heard full conversations like a TV is on, loud bangs all the time which is more frequent when someone is home alone (my dad commented on it the other night since it happened to him and he's rarely there alone), walking downstairs in the day that makes me think one of them got home from work just to find nothing, names being called, and the worst of all: When I was 14 or so, I was in my room (old room now) and could feel someone RIGHT BEHIND me and could hear deep breathing that went on for an hour before it stopped as I hid under the covers with the feeling that something bad would happen if I turned around. There's PLENTY of stories to share and I'm only retyping it because I'm already spooked for the night. Some are mild but they all add up in the end. We're pretty used to it but tonight was a bad night for shit to happen.

If anyone wants to hear what the mobile app came back with, it's not necessarily scary but fascinating and might be the biggest coincidence I've ever experienced except that it's happened multiple times right on the money. I know a lot of things could be natural in the house, believe me, but when you have so much stuff happen, then you don't rule anything out anymore. The mobile app was meant to be a complete joke and made us feel good, scared, intrigued, and made us laugh plenty of times.

You can write some stuff off in life but too many things to be a coincidence when we're talking about hearing and seeing things. I've seen plenty of white flashes, figures out of the corner of my eye, shadows, etc. but we like to write that one off on all the medications I'm taking so we feel a little better about it all.
Link Posted: 7/21/2012 9:21:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By demolitio:
I swear, this place knows when to mess with me the most. I've posted a lot of my stories in another ghost thread and could never find it to copy over here but there's been A LOT of shit in this house even though it was new when we moved in, but the land is old Shawnee territory and we the park behind us used to be full of arrowheads when we explored as a kid since all the construction and digging brought the artifacts to the surface. Don't know if it relates to any of my experiences but a little history never hurts. Hell, apparently I'm related to Blue Jacket which was always fascinating to me (although there's confusion around it all so I guess I might not be) and we have an old quilt from my great-great-grandmother who was part of a tribe and the thing always creeped me out. It's actually the symbol for peace which so happens to be a backwards swastika which was really hard to explain to the black cable guy that saw it last year...

Anyway, I was watching a show about demons and kind of joking in my mind that I must be cursed to get all these medical problems since they talked about it on the show. Of course, I was COMPLETELY joking and it was only in my mind for a few when I decide to go upstairs. Halfway up, the hall lights start flickering like crazy and the one in view went completely out after the intense flickering which was followed by a very loud bang in my room where I just so happened to be on my way to. I decided to give it a cooldown and go back downstairs because the timing of it all was so fucking creepy that I needed to calm down and write it off as a coincidence since I was thinking in my head about demons just as I was going up. Then I stand out in the kitchen to stop my heart from bursting and could see the hall lights were completely fine (no power problems at the time either) and the noises stopped. When my mom went up (24 but living back with her due to the medical problems from the Air Force), I followed her and told her about it when she went into her room and she just kind of laughed since we're used to weird shit happening, but then I mention what I just watched and how weird the timing was and the light started flickering again, then stopped until I took one step out of her room and it started again while she's laughing hysterically since we've all had some weird shit.

That same loud bang can be heard above the bathroom anytime I'm in there after 2 A.M. no matter what I'm doing or what's on, but it didn't creep me out as some of the other experiences. My mom has seen a little girl that ran from her, my dad has seen a ball of light floating across their room so he pretended to be asleep (now he denies it like a true man), my mom has had her hair pulled in the shower that's nothing like any normal shower, she hears running across the hallway when she goes upstairs sometimes as if someone is charging at her and then it starts making noises in her bathroom, she's heard someone whisper "good job" in her ear when she was leaving her room one night, I've heard full conversations like a TV is on, loud bangs all the time which is more frequent when someone is home alone (my dad commented on it the other night since it happened to him and he's rarely there alone), walking downstairs in the day that makes me think one of them got home from work just to find nothing, names being called, and the worst of all: When I was 14 or so, I was in my room (old room now) and could feel someone RIGHT BEHIND me and could hear deep breathing that went on for an hour before it stopped as I hid under the covers with the feeling that something bad would happen if I turned around. There's PLENTY of stories to share and I'm only retyping it because I'm already spooked for the night. Some are mild but they all add up in the end. We're pretty used to it but tonight was a bad night for shit to happen.

If anyone wants to hear what the mobile app came back with, it's not necessarily scary but fascinating and might be the biggest coincidence I've ever experienced except that it's happened multiple times right on the money. I know a lot of things could be natural in the house, believe me, but when you have so much stuff happen, then you don't rule anything out anymore. The mobile app was meant to be a complete joke and made us feel good, scared, intrigued, and made us laugh plenty of times.

You can write some stuff off in life but too many things to be a coincidence when we're talking about hearing and seeing things. I've seen plenty of white flashes, figures out of the corner of my eye, shadows, etc. but we like to write that one off on all the medications I'm taking so we feel a little better about it all.

Ed

Link Posted: 7/22/2012 9:05:57 PM EDT
[#17]
I was messing around in the gun room today and remembered that I do have a tangible link to

my experience years ago.  Remember how I biffed it on the gravel driveway after hauling ass through the corn field?
I dug the gun out and took some pictures.  

I cold blued the receiver and rubbed stain in the forearm after I had gotten home so Dad wouldn't see the damage.  

I'm surprised my cheap camera actually picked the gouges up as well as it did.
Kinda weirds me out thinking about it now.  

And evidently, I didn't clean it the last time I used it.

Link Posted: 7/22/2012 10:18:39 PM EDT
[#18]

What county are you in?
Some of this sounds familiar.
Link Posted: 7/23/2012 1:32:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: demolitio] [#19]
Originally Posted By Ohio:

What county are you in?
Some of this sounds familiar.

We're in Butler while most of the family is out in Brown through Ross counties, basically all over farm country. We also found some extremely old cemeteries deep in the woods of the park behind us with some dating back to before and during the Civil War. Just some history as I have no clue what's actually causing what's going on inside the house but it's hit every single family member and they all kept it a secret until I finally mentioned it. It's just...weird. We like to joke that it's all the painkillers and medication I'm on but it started way before that and doesn't explain why they see shit, lol. Convenient excuse I guess.

I'd like to sue my house for physical and emotional damage it has caused since everyone seems to win ridiculous lawsuits, but I doubt I could win since it'd just use some mob tactics and scare me out of testifying. Damn house.

Now that I'm home, I'm explain the stupid story on the mobile app while I'm at it. Keep in mind that we still doubt it and just want to call it a coincidence so we like to joke about it, but it had some funny things. It's supposedly one of those stupid things where it reads a word out based on blah, blah, blah fluctuations and I downloaded it just for a laugh, and we make sure not to mention anything just in case it uses the microphone to pick things up to say similar to those bots out there now, so here goes a few instances.

1. My mom was talking to her aunt who is my deceased grandma's twin. She's had cancer for a while now and was always told she wouldn't last long but it's been years and years as she keeps fighting even though she looks worse each time. Well, they were talking and mentioned nothing of her dead husband, Jim. Well, I turned it on many times that whole month but the once a week call to my aunt is the first time it really came up with something and it said, "Jim" and something else that was relevant that I can't remember. We laughed it off but then turned it back on a month later when we went to her house for Christmas and my little cousin wanted to see it. The first thing it said was "James" which was his real name and then "bright, smile" while my little cousin was holding it which was weird once again since it usually didn't say much.

2. The next time it did something even weirder due to how rare it was. I kept trying to use it and I joked that it sucked and left the room to go on the computer. Well, it turns out that as soon as I left, three consecutive words came out in this order: "Military. Attempt. Fail" and my mom started cracking up because it was like it was talking shit about me as soon as I left. It's funny because just a year before, I was in the Air Force when I got sick and they disposed of me basically so it was right on the money and nothing was brought up about that and the internet was off. Over the next few months, it would keep saying "Sick. Doctor. Medicine." which was something I was dealing with ever since and still am today. My friend then uses it when he's at his family's house and it came up with "Navy. Join. May." which is when he finally joined the Navy after partying it up and getting in trouble for 3 years when he wanted to join right out of school. So it was again on the spot.

3. Then comes the just random ones that are funny just because these words only come up when I enter this room upstairs. "Murder. Blood. Hang" and then a name I forget. The next time in that room, it came up with "Neck. Behind" and other weird shit and then mentioned "Baseball" as soon as I left that room and entered my room which was full of baseball gear and Cleveland Indians merchandise.

4. And the last one...Remember how I said my mom saw a little girl? Well, I decided to be my stupid self and get some entertainment a few months later by asking what her name is and how old is she. Well, it came back with "Emily. Seven." I just kind of laughed and forgot about it until I asked my mom one day how old she thought the girl was that she saw without telling her anything about the responses and she said she was probably seven or eight. I told her and we both had a good laugh.

Now the other stories of mine I find 100% creepy while these I still have doubts on since it's a fucking mobile app but it came up with some golden responses at the perfect time. There were a few others and a few more answers to the stories above but my new medication caused memory loss causes me to forget some of them but the ones above were so damn weird that I remember them without a doubt.

That's more weird than creepy but I'm bored and figured I'd write it up. The other stories still freak me out a lot more and I know there's more my parents aren't telling me since they have bad poker faces.
Link Posted: 7/23/2012 1:50:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Hi there,

Dude. I'm from Woodville and I know exactly where you are talking about.
Link Posted: 7/23/2012 2:38:35 AM EDT
[#21]

We're in Butler while most of the family is out in Brown through Ross counties,

Ah, OK.
I'm in Logan, but near the Hardin line. I have heard similar stories from around here.
Especially since Blue Jacket lived here in Logan.
Link Posted: 7/23/2012 3:00:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Ohio:

We're in Butler while most of the family is out in Brown through Ross counties,

Ah, OK.
I'm in Logan, but near the Hardin line. I have heard similar stories from around here.
Especially since Blue Jacket lived here in Logan.

Yea, definitely a lot of history in Ohio. He was all over the place due to the fighting and one of the villages was recorded in Ross early on. Seems like the Shawnee were pretty much everywhere in central to western Ohio. The quilt is from the other side of the family and she was a Cherokee. Not many things happened growing up but then shit hit the fan one year and it's been nuts ever since. We know we got the quilt a while back around that time period but we definitely aren't sure but we joke like that's the reason.

The amazing thing about this country is that there's a lot of history in every location and it's not necessarily just the houses, but the land as well. All the kids in the neighborhood always got this creepy vibe at the same area in the park too. Either way, my family likes to joke around as to what it is since we really can't explain it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2012 9:31:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Hi there,

Sounds to me like you ran into a Yautja...........good thing you weren't armed.
Link Posted: 7/23/2012 10:11:10 AM EDT
[#24]
After I got out of the Army in the mid 90s I worked at a printing company in Dallas for a few years.  The owner's brother worked there too.  He'd been in Vietnam and was an outdoorsy, hunter type.  One night he told me that in the late 70s he and a friend had been hunting in East Texas in that area.  It was dark and they were headed back to Dallas when something crossed the road in front of them.  He described it as a dog walking on its hind legs.  He said that neither of them said a word for several minutes as they continued down the road.  Finally he said "did you see that back there?"  The other guy said "yep".  And they never spoke of it again.

Originally Posted By EasTexan:
Hi there,

Link Posted: 7/23/2012 10:31:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By bcw107:
After I got out of the Army in the mid 90s I worked at a printing company in Dallas for a few years.  The owner's brother worked there too.  He'd been in Vietnam and was an outdoorsy, hunter type.  One night he told me that in the late 70s he and a friend had been hunting in East Texas in that area.  It was dark and they were headed back to Dallas when something crossed the road in front of them.  He described it as a dog walking on its hind legs.  He said that neither of them said a word for several minutes as they continued down the road.  Finally he said "did you see that back there?"  The other guy said "yep".  And they never spoke of it again.

Link Posted: 7/23/2012 12:07:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Dag.  

Hitchhiker out
Link Posted: 7/23/2012 12:22:07 PM EDT
[#27]
This didn't happen to me, but did happen to my father.  I had known since I was a small boy that my father had a bullet hole under his arm and on his back. I remember asking him as a young child (5 or 6) at the beach one day about the circular scars. He replied that he had been shot when I was a baby and that he would tell me about it when I got older. I didn’t get the full story until the night before I left to go off to college. I was going off to a military school and my father viewed this as a turning point for me on my journey to manhood in his eyes.

The story as he tells it (with confirmation where possible)…

It was the early 70’s and my father was a young rookie patrolman for our local PD. He was shot under the left arm with a .38. The bullet exited out the right side of his back after going through a lung and bouncing off a rib.  As my father was bleeding out, his partner stuck a finger in both the entrance and exit wounds to try and slow down the bleeding.  ((This was confirmed by his old partner when I came home on leave a couple of years after I originally heard the story. We met up with his old partner at the county law enforcement association clubhouse for a few beers now that I was old enough to drink. The partner actually was a lot more graphic than the original story my father told (e.g. frothy red foam in moth, hissing and sucking noises as he tried to breath, going into shock…)) An ambulance arrived quickly and my father was rushed to a nearby hospital for surgery to repair the damage.

Twice during the surgery his heart and breathing stopped and had to be resuscitated (these facts were confirmed by my mother). The first time he coded was only a few seconds. The second time lasted 2-3 mins. It was unknown for a couple of days whether or not he would live. After two days he woke up and had a story to tell of what he had seen while he was “unconscious”.
He told of “waking up” or becoming aware of activity near him in the OR. (people wake up in the OR all the time––no big deal so far right?) What he saw though was much more interesting. He remembers looking down at the doctors and nurses working frantically as if he was on the ceiling of the OR. He became aware that he was looking down at his own lifeless body. When he realized it was him he didn’t become panicked. Instead he described a relaxed comfort. He said it felt like being wrapped in a warm blanket just out of the dryer. He remembers thinking it was odd that he felt warm even though he saw that most of his clothing had been cut off.
He noticed that the warmth seemed to be coming from a bright white light in the corner of the room. He began moving toward it. In the light he saw dead relatives and his boyhood friend that was killed in Vietnam a couple of years prior to this.  Just before he got to the light, he says he thought of my older brother and I (ages 6 and 1).

At that moment he looked back at his body as the doctors were shocking him again with a defibrillator. He said he could feel each time he was shocked, but after this last one, the next thing he remembered was waking up a couple a days later with a crystal clear memory of the events of that night.  

I am grateful that he told me this story because I have drawn comfort in it during very risky times of my own life. I will leave this open to you for your interpretation.

I should explain that my parents have been divorced since I was about 3 years old and have fought like cats and dogs since I can remember with nothing nice to say about the other. I find it interesting that even my mother confirms that when my father woke up he was excited to be alive and he was able to tell doctors about what the OR looked like and conversations between the doctors and nurses during the procedure even though he was never “awake” in the OR.

As far as I know he only told his doctors, my deceased grandparents, my brother, mother, stepmother and I about this because he doesn’t want anyone to think he’s pulling their leg because he was known around his department as a prankster.
Link Posted: 7/23/2012 12:51:29 PM EDT
[#28]

What is this moble app you are using?
Link Posted: 7/23/2012 1:12:16 PM EDT
[#29]

Originally Posted By MARNESAPPER:

This didn't happen to me, but did happen to my father.

Great story.  Did they get the fucker that shot your dad?

Link Posted: 7/23/2012 1:38:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Captain_Morgan:

Originally Posted By MARNESAPPER:
This didn't happen to me, but did happen to my father.

Great story.  Did they get the fucker that shot your dad?  

Yes. He was caught and sentenced to prison long before I can remember. I don't know how long he got. This being the south at that time, I'm confident that he spent long enough to realize the error of his ways.
Link Posted: 7/23/2012 2:21:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: demolitio] [#31]
Originally Posted By MikeE23666:

It's called Ghost Radar which I downloaded solely as a joke and we still think some trickery in involved, but the results are really strange at times while other times it won't say anything all night. You can see my other post above to give you examples of what happened with it and why it's strange. Not saying it's paranormal due to it being a mobile app of all things but it has to have a way to know that shit since a lot of it is very personal and not even posted online anywhere for it to gather the info from. So I'm still skeptical of the app while the other stories I have made us all believe in spirits and they're too embarrassed to ever talk about it so it never comes up unless my mom gets scared shitless.

We remain skeptical on the app but others have had some interesting results as well but there's also plenty of people who get nothing with it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2012 2:25:46 PM EDT
[#32]

It's called Ghost Radar which I downloaded solely as a joke and we still think some trickery in involved, but the results are really strange at times while other times it won't say anything all night. You can see my other post above to give you examples of what happened with it and why it's strange. Not saying it's paranormal due to it being a mobile app of all things but it has to have a way to know that shit since a lot of it is very personal and not even posted online anywhere for it to gather the info from.

Sounds like a 21st century ouigi.
Link Posted: 7/23/2012 2:27:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By bcw107:

It's called Ghost Radar which I downloaded solely as a joke and we still think some trickery in involved, but the results are really strange at times while other times it won't say anything all night. You can see my other post above to give you examples of what happened with it and why it's strange. Not saying it's paranormal due to it being a mobile app of all things but it has to have a way to know that shit since a lot of it is very personal and not even posted online anywhere for it to gather the info from.

Sounds like a 21st century ouigi.

Yea, I kind of view it that way now and wish I didn't use it even if we are skeptical of it. The results were way too damn weird, especially with the military stuff as if someone was talking to my parents about me as soon as I left the room. Gossiping bastards.
Link Posted: 7/23/2012 2:46:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bhouse1545] [#34]
I have a lame story. I use to have night terror when I was a baby when 10 to 15 years old I had a similar reoccuring dream of a drawing on or staircase that would frezze me and scare the shit out of me. well one night i came up from the basement and got in bed the second floor. i had the dream again i woke up and I was standing in my driveway with that picture smashed on the cement i was freaked out that happened ever since then Imagine wheather I go places when I dream because I sleep walk. but ever since them I have never had that dream.

BTW  lame again, one night I was home alone and I think the devil came because I was out in the living room watching TV and ALL of the windows shattered I called the Cops i was so scared they concluded someone threw a bunch of rocks at once.

Link Posted: 7/23/2012 3:06:14 PM EDT
[#35]

Originally Posted By bhouse1545:

I have a lame story. I use to have night terror when I was a baby when 10 to 15 years old I had a similar reoccuring dream of a drawing on or staircase that would frezze me and scare the shit out of me. well one night i came up from the basement and got in bed the second floor. i had the dream again i woke up and I was standing in my driveway with that picture smashed on the cement i was freaked out that happened ever since then Imagine wheather I go places when I dream because I sleep walk. but ever since them I have never had that dream.

BTW  lame again, one night I was home alone and I think the devil came because I was out in the living room watching TV and ALL of the windows shattered I called the Cops i was so scared they concluded someone threw a bunch of rocks at once.

All as in ALL???  

Link Posted: 7/23/2012 3:12:59 PM EDT
[#36]
This reminds me about that creepy or wierd things found in the woods post back in my lurking days.  I remember one entry about somone finding a wooden cross in the middle of the woods with nails and blood stains, associated with devil worshipers.  Creeeeepy!
Link Posted: 7/23/2012 5:06:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Hi there,

Arfcom hunting party?

I need to type up the story, but I have been followed by some two legged critter that I never could see in that neck of the state.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2012 5:23:17 PM EDT
[#38]
tag
Link Posted: 7/23/2012 5:39:43 PM EDT
[#39]

All as in ALL???    

yep it was fucked up it happen to my mom's trailblazer too
Link Posted: 7/23/2012 5:41:10 PM EDT
[#40]

All as in ALL???    

Ok, now that's creepy!
Link Posted: 7/23/2012 5:45:35 PM EDT
[#41]

All as in ALL???    

yep it was fucked up it happen to my mom's trailblazer too

Fuck that noise.

Link Posted: 7/23/2012 5:56:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By soldierman79:

All as in ALL???    

Ok, now that's creepy!

well there was only three windows but still three window at once!
Link Posted: 7/23/2012 6:03:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: xGRYPHONx] [#43]
So my wife is a wedding photographer in NOLA and has several friends in the business.

A friend of hers posted this picture on her blog late April of this year.

Another photographer noticed something in the background. Here is the zoom in:

I ride in a mardi gras parade and I don't know of any crew that wears costumes like this. Plus we were about two months past mardi gras when this was shot. Creeps me the hell out.
Link Posted: 7/23/2012 6:13:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By xGRYPHONx:
So my wife is a wedding photographer in NOLA and has several friends in the business.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n229/ejdallim/witches1.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n229/ejdallim/witches.jpg

I ride in a mardi gras parade and I don't know of any crew that wears costumes like this. Plus we were about two months past mardi gras when this was shot. Creeps me the hell out.

WTF are those weirdos doing hanging out on a balcony?
Link Posted: 7/23/2012 6:28:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Munzy] [#45]

This creeps me out the most of the whole thread. Theres like 15-20 people on the balcony, WHAT THE FUCK
Link Posted: 7/23/2012 6:34:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Damn house just did it again. After watching the funniest "paranormal" show on TV about women who got "attacked" by ghosts sexually and enjoyed it, I'm convinced this house wants to do the same to me but I won't enjoy it. Seriously though, that was the most fucked up show I've watched and it was around Valentine's Day talking about being in love with a ghost.
Link Posted: 7/23/2012 6:40:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Hi there,

I was going to say......guess we have to change our usual camping location.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2012 6:59:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Munzy:

This creeps me out the most of the whole thread. Theres like 15-20 people on the balcony, WHAT THE FUCK

Just went dead on midnight here.
Link Posted: 7/23/2012 7:02:25 PM EDT
[#49]

It's called Ghost Radar which I downloaded solely as a joke and we still think some trickery in involved, but the results are really strange at times while other times it won't say anything all night. You can see my other post above to give you examples of what happened with it and why it's strange. Not saying it's paranormal due to it being a mobile app of all things but it has to have a way to know that shit since a lot of it is very personal and not even posted online anywhere for it to gather the info from. So I'm still skeptical of the app while the other stories I have made us all believe in spirits and they're too embarrassed to ever talk about it so it never comes up unless my mom gets scared shitless.

We remain skeptical on the app but others have had some interesting results as well but there's also plenty of people who get nothing with it.

Definitely remain skeptical. It was made as a prank originally.

For it to work, one would have to sit down with a ghost and work together to translate electrical impulses into words. I doubt they did that. Anything that comes up as striking or noteworthy is purely coincidental but its easy to attribute it to something personal.
Link Posted: 7/23/2012 7:17:20 PM EDT
[#50]

Seriously considering unsubscribing. Will some technonerd please check to see if that's a photoshop or a scene from a movie set.
Page / 149
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top