Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2002 5:24:39 PM EDT
RIP Dee Dee! Seen the Ramones 8-10 times with Dee Dee, saw Dee Dee solo, on guitar, about two years ago.

He embodied punk rock.

Perhaps he was lucky to live that long with his lifestyle but it STILL REALLY FUCKING BUMS ME OUT that he's dead.

Time to put on "It's Alive" at full volume.

Gabba Gabba . . .
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 5:40:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Now Dee Dee?

A little over a year ago it was Joey (4-15-01).

Shit.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 5:43:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 5:43:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Another musician dead by overdose.

Congratulations buddy - You're officially stupid.

In the words of Ted Nugent, "puking and dying doesn't sound like a party to me".
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 5:44:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Strange I tell you very strange. Wasn't he caught up in some of that Segal and Mafia stuff going on right now? I can't be sure so don't take my word. I thought he was being extorted by the Mob.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 5:52:16 PM EDT
[#5]
[i]The KKK took my baby away
They took her away[/i]

Unlike a lot of bands, the Ramones really knew when to finish a song.  No endless epics like a lot of bands.  Do the song, then move on to the next one.  While sometimes something like "Foreplay/Long Time" or "Kashmir" is a nice listen, other times you just want to hear something that isn't drawn-out.z

Link Posted: 6/6/2002 6:58:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 7:19:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Scary, first Joey, now Dee-Dee. These guys were around my age. Yet Keith Richards and Ozzy are still alive? Go figure. I had seen the Ramones at least 2-3 times when Tommy Ramone was the drummer; mostly at the old Rat(heskeller) in Boston.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 8:01:38 PM EDT
[#8]
It is sad that he died but Joey was the "gabba gabba hey" of the Ramones and his death was sadder because it wasnt his fault.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 8:19:27 PM EDT
[#9]
The Ramones were a great band.....talk about your home grown classics....those guys were the shit. RIP Dee Dee.
[img]www.keithphotog.com/images/im3_lg.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 8:29:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It is sad that he died but Joey was the "gabba gabba hey" of the Ramones and his death was sadder because it wasnt his fault.
View Quote

No, I like Joey, in fact his posthumous album is great, but I gotta go with Dee Dee as the heart and soul of the Ramones.  Joey tended toward the wimpier songs and got the Ramones into stuff like Phil Spector (the wrong direction).

Note the SAA tattooed on Dee Dee's right bicep.  How many guns do *you* have tattooed on *your* body?
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 8:40:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
[i]Who[/i] are you people talking about?
View Quote

The Ramones are like AWESOME, dude. Sometimes on up in the evening, we even get a few cuts on Wal*Mart Radio while we are working....

Scott

Link Posted: 6/6/2002 10:05:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 10:17:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Wal*Mart Radio! Now that's funny! [:D]
View Quote

I swear to goodness. That is what they call the canned music you hear when you shop with us. (And that we hear for nine hours a day...)

Scott

P.S. Anthony and I love it when we catch a Ramones song being piped in. I don't know about the rest of the crew....

Link Posted: 6/7/2002 5:19:53 AM EDT
[#14]
[center][img]http://www.officialramones.com/site/photos/1/pict019.jpg[/img][/center]

[center][size=5][b]D-U-M-B!  Everyone's accusing me![/size=5][/b][center]

He's up there right now with The Big Man and they're doing tequila slammers and laughing their asses off.

[center]RIP Brother![/center]
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 6:27:49 AM EDT
[#15]
RIP Dee Dee!

I am a tu tu tu tu tu tu tu tu tough tough guy
Halo round my head too tough to die

Link Posted: 6/7/2002 6:38:42 AM EDT
[#16]
felt bad about Joey, but not this , OD = dumbass. Hey any of you guys remember Johnny Thunders or ever go to Max's Kansas City, pure rock n' roll
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 9:35:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Wow, another Thunders fan on AR15 dot com!  Thunders had minimum talent and was a junkie who lived from day to day until he OD'd.  And he was GREAT!  Most of my simple (simple) guitar licks I stole from that guy.  Like B.B. King, it's not the notes ya know, it's the way you play them.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 9:55:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Alright Chairborne , L.A.M.F. !!! , use to go see a lot of the old bands, like P.I.L with Johnny, N.Y. Dolls, even the Plasmatics.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 10:06:51 AM EDT
[#19]
DAMN! Now I've gotta sniff some glue. Dee Dee gave the Ramones street cred, just like Johnny Thunders did for the Dolls. Well, at least Cheetah Chrome is still kickin'.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 6:06:04 PM EDT
[#20]
RIP dude!   It's a damn shame they didn't use the Ramone's version of the Spiderman theme song for the stupid movie!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top