Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 6/6/2002 4:15:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 4:20:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I would love to try to make it out, just don't know where abouts I would be going 'cept west from here. Somebody throw out the info, and I'll do my best.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 4:22:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 4:27:24 PM EDT
[#3]
[b]USP40C[/b] - Just find the town of Crowell, Texas, it's the County Seat of Foard County, on a map.

That's it, at the intersection of Hwy 6 and Hwy 70!

You get there, we'll bring you on home to the Hun Farm!

Eric The(Hospitable)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 5:27:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 5:33:41 PM EDT
[#5]
my heart and mind will be there.  just not my body! have fun  [>Q]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 5:41:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll be there.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 5:46:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
can I come? Can I, Can I, huh, oh PLEASE?

[:D]
View Quote

Just how much COOL air can you bring? There will be plenty of hot[:)] fullclip
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 5:46:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 6:06:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll plan to make it and possible brining a friend.  

I won't be able to leave until noon Friday...(don't want to waste a full day of vacation on a half-day Friday).

ETH--Will somebody be able to meet us in town for those coming later or do you have a better suggestion?

frisco

PS...I'll look into bringing one of my bigger tarps and maybe poles for shade.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 6:15:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Post from thedave1164 -
can I come? Can I, Can I, huh, oh PLEASE?
View Quote

Of course you can, Dave! You know that the Hun Farm is only 16 miles off of US Hwy 287, which is the main road between Dallas and Denver!

You can make it!

And I promise that it won't be any hotter than the BRC!

Eric The(How'sThat?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 6:15:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 6:17:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Here is a link to some of the items on my "to bring" list....

[url=http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/camckee/vwp?.dir=/frisco&.dnm=700-1.jpg&.src=bc&.view=l&.done=http%3a//briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/camckee/lst%3f%26.dir=/frisco%26.src=bc%26.view=l]frisco's pics[/url][:D]

...new scope for the 700 should be in this Monday, along with aimpoint for the AR.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 6:18:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Post from frisco -
ETH--Will somebody be able to meet us in town for those coming later or do you have a better suggestion?
View Quote

Surely! But note that what [b]mojo[/b] just said about cell phones not working our there is pretty much true.

I'll send you detailed directions and maybe a map well before the day we leave!

Eric The(FRSRadiosWorkWellOutThere!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 6:24:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll be there with my son and hopefully my father-in-law.

frisco - no pics showing, buddy - and are you in Frisco?
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 6:25:52 PM EDT
[#15]
We could put up a cryptic sign at the turn-off to the dirt road leading to the gate. It could be a code so noone else would know what it was about.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 6:29:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Great idea [b]bunghole![/b]

How about [b]'Don't Even Friggin Think About Turning Here! - The Hun'[/b]

Eric The('QuickDeath-TurnHere')Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 6:38:53 PM EDT
[#17]
here's the king of the house-

friggin red XXX's just go to the pics link above...numbers 9 & 10

his name is Charlie and is about a year older now....

frisco
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 6:40:08 PM EDT
[#18]
How about a sign that says "Turn here for a date with Bunghole!"

I'll be there with my little brother, wiggy223, and dirt bikes and two AR's!

BTW, ETH, I have a large dual halogen light setup with a big tripod, if your generator can handle it. We may need light in the PM for the nighttime WildTurkey calling contests and the evening Margarita mixing. Whaddya think?
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 6:40:31 PM EDT
[#19]
I had no idea there were a couple duplicate topics re: the TX BRC @ Rancho de Hun. I just stumbled across two more!

Why is it everyone has to create a new topic and start a new thread???
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 6:50:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 7:22:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'll be talking to ETH about coordinating the Fall ETH shoot with my arrival.

]=)

Texas style Goat party anyone???

[=D]
View Quote

Goat bar-b-que??? [:\] fullclip

Link Posted: 6/6/2002 7:38:12 PM EDT
[#22]
[b]Goatboy[/b], the Hun and all the Texans would be honored to have you as our special guest at the Fall (think 'cool') version of the Hun Fun in the Sun Shoot!

I will guaran-damn-tee you an excellent time!

Eric The(Hospitable)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 7:42:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Post from wiggy762 -
BTW, ETH, I have a large dual halogen light setup with a big tripod, if your generator can handle it. We may need light in the PM for the nighttime WildTurkey calling contests and the evening Margarita mixing. Whaddya think?
View Quote

I think wonderful!

Nothing spoils the evening quicker than accidentally spilling some liquor meant for a 'State Trooper margarita'! I make such a gulldurn fool of myself lapping it up!

What is a [b]'State Trooper margarita'[/b] you may ask?

Come to the Hun Farm and I'll show you! [:D]

BTW, the generator is 5000 volts, shouldn't that be sufficient?

Eric The(HighWattage)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 7:44:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll be talking to ETH about coordinating the Fall ETH shoot with my arrival.

]=)

Texas style Goat party anyone???

[=D]
View Quote

Goat bar-b-que??? [:\] fullclip

View Quote

Cabrito!
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 7:48:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Tate--frisco - no pics showing, buddy - and are you in Frisco?  
View Quote

Yes I am...work in Plano on Legacy Dr...

frisco
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 7:49:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 7:56:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Texas, Texas, Texas.
HEY!
It seems half the shooting fun happens in TEXAS!
If they've got any  [i]UNION[/i]  Bus driving jobs in TEXAS, I'd consider moving out of Liberal Land and going where the shooting is!
Have a great time, y'all!
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 7:56:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 7:58:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 7:59:14 PM EDT
[#30]
How about some of the binary explosives that they had at the BRC?
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 8:03:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 8:08:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Well I plan on being there. But I planned the last time as well and had a family emergency. Ended up flying back to CA instead. So I will say this, I plan on being there for Saturday and Sun festivities. Pencil me in.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 8:11:47 PM EDT
[#33]
[b]lordtrader[/b], it's be more fun for you to just head up after work Friday, that way you would have an extra night at the Farm.

And nights at the Hun Farm are pretty cool!

Eric The(AskAround,You'llSee)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 8:13:39 PM EDT
[#34]
I will try and make it.  That is if I have a job and if I can get off Sat and Sun and if I can afford it.  I friggin hate iffy situations!  Won't be able to bring any big toys though maybe 2 rifles at the most.  Hard to carry them big bulky things on a motorcycle!  Hmmmm..... I wonder how much ammo i can carry in a pair of saddlebags?
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 8:22:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 8:22:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I will try and make it.  That is if I have a job and if I can get off Sat and Sun and if I can afford it.  I friggin hate iffy situations!  Won't be able to bring any big toys though maybe 2 rifles at the most.  Hard to carry them big bulky things on a motorcycle!  Hmmmm..... I wonder how much ammo i can carry in a pair of saddlebags?
View Quote

I was thinking of driving there on my motorcycle, and possibly having someone else bring some of my toyz or just bring a handgun or something... I will probably end up car pooling though, since I have not ridden very far on my bike yet, and its pretty far from Dallas.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 9:45:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Where do you get those at bunghole?
Also, where did you get that mag loader at?

View Quote

As for the binary stuff, I have a call out on the GD. I got the loader from Bushmaster.com.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 9:56:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 10:04:24 PM EDT
[#39]
[url]www.tannerite.com[/url]
Binary explosives.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 10:14:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 10:56:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Well, I could just take my pickup, but I would just rather ride my bike.  And I can't take much stuff just for the fact that half of it is in various stages of upgrades.  I was only panning on taking my varmint rifle and my AR-10 anyways.  That is if I can afford a new scope for the ar. I also need some 243 brass and bulletts.  I've almost run totally out of everything except 22-250 ammo.  Looks like I have some major loading to do.  Basically it all boils down to wheather or not I get some money pretty quick.  And did I mention that I get car sick if I'm not driving? Strange but true.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 4:48:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Plan on making it. May roll out Friday after after work depending on when I get off. If not will try for Saturday morning. Sounds like it's gonna be fun.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 5:16:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Eric.....Psyren and myself are going to leave here before sunup on friday to go to crowell...
We will meet you guys up there.......No AC in the ride...early departure....
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 5:24:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Post from hound -
Eric.....Psyren and myself are going to leave here before sunup on friday to go to crowell...
We will meet you guys up there.......No AC in the ride...early departure....
View Quote

I would say we would call you on a cell phone, but we'll be so far out, even in Crowell, that cell phones don't seem to work.

Do you have an FRS radio? If so, let's use [b]2.0[/b] as the frequency (since some FRS radios cannot get the subchannels). Be listening for us, we'll make it a point to go through Crowell on our way to the Farm!

We'll be there around 12:00 Noon, depending upon when we leave!

[b]Don't mention the shoot to the locals, or we will be swamped with unwanted guests![/b]

Meet me at the Market Hall Gun Show and I'll give you directions from Crowell to the Farm.

Eric The(Ick-snay,Ick-snay)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 6:43:47 AM EDT
[#45]
OOPS...stupid me...according to my schedul I will still me in Mexico on Friday....I will try
to return early....I will see you at the show and bring that ruger 10/22 with me....
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 7:48:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 2:29:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
 Energizer, I'm sure guys don't mind at all giving a ride to ETH's farm.
View Quote

I will probably do that, as long as I get moved into my house on time. They are still not finished-- they keep moving the due date, even though I now own it!!! If they are not done by tomorrow morning, as promissed to me today, I will rip them a new one.

This past weekend was awesome-- went to Clearwater, FL. Saw many many many hot babes on the beach, wearing practically nothing. [bounce] Reminded me of home... I think I want to move... hehe
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 3:08:37 PM EDT
[#48]
OK, did we ever get a count or are we still wondering how many weapons we should each bring?

If I may, I will summarize what we know so far...

ETH's farm is in the panhandle of Texas.

There will be some sort of super secret code at the turn-off from the highway, like "Turn here for a date with Bunghole!"

There are no amenities at ETH's farm except for open skies and land and a river and a bare building and a generator and cows and cultivated farmland.

There will be somewhere between 7 and 289 attendees at the shoot.

The weekend will be June 28th, 29th, and 30th.

The festivities will include ATV riding/driving/crashing/airing out/flipping/biffing/casing/stalling/nut-racking/and-the-possibility-of-serious-injury.

Most of the "geezers" will rent rooms in Crowell and the rest of us young, strong outdoor types will crash these rooms for pool prviledges, showers, sh!ts and shaves each evening.

There will be large amounts of Margaritas
consumed as I am bringing a blender and lots of tequila along with the fixins.

Someone will need to bring tortilla chips as I am also bringing a big batch of semi-homeade salsa! I'll also be bringing some Habanero based salsa that is tough to handle!

Any Turkeys on the property will be promptly drunk and otherwise dispatched most expiditiously.

We will have a large light array for the evenings festivities, along with 200 rds. of tracers.

There will be a caravan of approximately 1600 vehicles traveling north from Dallas, and noone knows when they are leaving.

That is all for now.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 3:12:49 PM EDT
[#49]
I think [b]Wiggy's[/b] got a handle on it!

I figure I'll post a final thread ten days out from the Hun's Fun in the Sun Gun Shoot, and tack it, so we can really get a final count, and no one will be left behind!

Eric The(RighteousDude)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 3:14:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top