Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2002 7:34:58 AM EDT
Anybody watch this show last night? I only watched a few minutes of it but the part that I did see just flat pissed me off!!!

This kid was sitting in class and had his hat sitting on his desk and the teacher said not hats. Well he wasn’t wearing it; it was just sitting on his desk. The teacher turned it into a big deal and came up and took it away from him. There was another girl in class that had her hat sitting on her desk too but the teacher never said a word to her. So this in turn pisses of the student that had his hat taken away and get up outa his chair and goes to talk to the principle or he mighta been sent there because of his reaction to the hat being take away, I duno I never say that part. He’s a black kid, probably a junior or senior and musta been in trouble in other schools because the principle said that he had been in 3 different schools in the last few years. Once calmed down he was a nice kid, well dressed (yeah the baggy pants and bigger shirt and all) like most high schoolers today and clean. The principle gets him calmed down and is able to talk him into going and talking about the issue with the teacher one on one and he agrees. Once he enters the teachers office he calmly and meaningfully says, Hi Mr. ?Teacher?” and he tells the student to have a seat. So he sits down calmly and clearly wanting to talk things over in a adult way and right away the stupid ass teacher starts running his mouth and acts all big and tuff asking if he has something he wants to say to him. From here the teacher just is shouting at the kid when the kid is being calm and wanting to talk and in about 30 seconds says enough that the kid get pissed off and stands up and says, “Your really starting to f---in piss me off….” And just reams the teacher that he had no right to take the hat away and that it was just sittin on his desk and that the girl never had a word said to her about hers. This kid was a litter bigger that the teacher and no doubt could just ripped him apart if he wanted. So the kid is so mad he storms outa the office and puts his fist through a plate glass window in the hall way. The Principal comes down and is disappointed because things didn’t work out. He was clearly on the student’s side. But what he doesn’t know is that it was the teacher that got hot headed and tried to act like the though guy instead of talking the issue over with the kid. Then later on the teacher says that he feels bad for the kid because of what happened and that his had was all cut up from the glass. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE!!!!!

OK first of all what’s the big deal about havin the hat sitting on his desk. It’s just like havin a backpack sitting by you or sumthin. If having your hat sittin on your desk is a big deal in school now then they have got big problems. Second, the principle get the kid calmed down about the issue and get him will in
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 7:35:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Cont.....

to calmly talk to the teacher, only to have the teacher start shouting at the kid right away!!! I duno maybe this is just a small problem but I think it is the biggest bunch of BS and if I was the kid I woulda done the same thing because of the teachers inability to calmly communicate with the student. It’s things like this that make kids, especially this one since he’s black, dresses like he does, and talks like he does, looked like they’re “troubled” and problem causers, when in this case it was the teacher not being professional and mature. Grant it that he didn’t have to go break the glass but still. I duno it made me sooooo mad when the teacher reacted that way that it made me wana hit something and I just needed to vent.

Diesel

And yes I now I can’t spell worth crap!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top